Covid Tests Once or Twice a week?

colB1969

It was moved from two tests a week to one from what info I can gather.

SO does that mean Selic don't get re-tested until this Saturday? Is the before their game or do they stall it until after?

I thought it was 72hrs before a game? Or was that just for lower league teams playing in the cup?

Seems strange that they’d change testing to once a week with the rise and cases and the scrutiny the game is under.

I thought it was 72hrs before a game? Or was that just for lower league teams playing in the cup?
Pretty sure the testing regime has always been that the players have to be tested within 168 hours of the match, with the results reported to the SPFL within the 48 hours before the match.

Pretty sure the testing regime has always been that the players have to be tested within 168 hours of the match, with the results reported to the SPFL within the 48 hours before the match.

I have no idea why I had 72hrs in my head. It seems more sensible than 168hours though.

It was moved from two tests a week to one from what info I can gather.

SO does that mean Selic don't get re-tested until this Saturday? Is the before their game or do they stall it until after?
For us? Once a week, for them? Once a day! Rancid!

Should be every second day. Imagine a positive case being allowed 7 days to pass the live virus before their next test.
Madness.
Very amateurish yet again by the SPFL.

Their last lot of tests were done last Friday, so the 168hrs (7 days) will have expired before they play Livi on Saturday and they will need to be tested again.

Since they refused to be tested prior to the Hibs game, their tests would likely take place Tues, Wed or today, in order to ensure that they are back and results submitted before Saturday's game.

Given the events of the past 2 weeks and the fact that any positive tests would have an impact on team selection/training, I would imagine that they would want their tests done as early as possible, which would mean they would likely have been done on Tuesday.

In which case, they should have got their results back yesterday or today. If they were all negative, I would have imagined that they would have been quick to shout it out to the world, but no announcements raises my suspicions that they have had another positive test.

Their last lot of tests were done last Friday, so the 168hrs (7 days) will have expired before they play Livi on Saturday and they will need to be tested again.

Since they refused to be tested prior to the Hibs game, their tests would likely take place Tues, Wed or today, in order to ensure that they are back and results submitted before Saturday's game.

Given the events of the past 2 weeks and the fact that any positive tests would have an impact on team selection/training, I would imagine that they would want their tests done as early as possible, which would mean they would likely have been done on Tuesday.

In which case, they should have got their results back yesterday or today. If they were all negative, I would have imagined that they would have been quick to shout it out to the world, but no announcements raises my suspicions that they have had another positive test.
Some sound logic in there. I like it.

They could have done tests on sunday before hibs game - to clear the 168 hrs for livi game

They could have done tests on sunday before hibs game - to clear the 168 hrs for livi game
Possible, but highly unlikely I would suggest.

If they had tests done on both Friday and Sunday, I doubt Hibs would have been asking for them to take another test on Monday morning and they would most likely have told the world that they had 2 tests done in the 48hrs since they returned from Dubai, rather than take the flak for refusing Hibs request to have tests done.

Back