What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

I shocked (but delighted) he has failed up here. He's had a reasonable career and was PL regular a couple of years ago. With the exception of 1 season, his whole career has been in EPL/Championship.
I am praying he does there and is a star.

Going against the grain a bit (and it's easier not to dislike a Celtic player when they've been so poor) but firstly he does seem like a decent guy. When we've beaten them this season he's shaked hands (or whatever they do just now) and had a chat with Goldson. He just doesn't come across with the same bitterness that a lot of Celtic players do.

Secondly, i've seen a lot of Rangers defenders absolutely hammered. The doing Craig Moore got until he struck up the partnership with Amo was shocking. I remember Alan Hutton getting the same for a long time. Then you have the likes of Basile Boli who never lived up to expectations.

I'm not comparing Duffy to Boli or Moore, but sometimes things don't work out at a club. He is playing with two attacking fullbacks who can't defend; no cover from midfield; .and a centre back partner that cheers when his team keep possession from a throw-in. You could put peak Baresi in that defence and he'd struggle.

I actually think Duffy reminds me a bit of Joe Worrall. He's more of a siege centre half and isn't suited to playing for Rangers/Celtic. But i'm sure he'll do well elsewhere.

You say this despite his frequent ‘rifle’ gestures?

He’s bitter alright.

F.uc.k him and the potato he rode in on.

Houghton had him it at Brighton so doubt he will be caring about what he's done up here. Mckenna Duffy and Worrall in the same defence would be interesting viewing.
Can you imagine the 3 of them playing it out from the back, there will be a lot of NF fans with high blood pressure

I’m genuinely interested to know what Notts Forrest have seen of Duffy in the last 6 months that would actually make them say “ We’ve got to get him on our team”. Everytime he sees the ball it looks like its the first time in his life he has seen one.

Quite often think that when some players are signed.

Genuinely astounding.

Going against the grain a bit (and it's easier not to dislike a Celtic player when they've been so poor) but firstly he does seem like a decent guy. When we've beaten them this season he's shaked hands (or whatever they do just now) and had a chat with Goldson. He just doesn't come across with the same bitterness that a lot of Celtic players do.

Secondly, i've seen a lot of Rangers defenders absolutely hammered. The doing Craig Moore got until he struck up the partnership with Amo was shocking. I remember Alan Hutton getting the same for a long time. Then you have the likes of Basile Boli who never lived up to expectations.

I'm not comparing Duffy to Boli or Moore, but sometimes things don't work out at a club. He is playing with two attacking fullbacks who can't defend; no cover from midfield; .and a centre back partner that cheers when his team keep possession from a throw-in. You could put peak Baresi in that defence and he'd struggle.

I actually think Duffy reminds me a bit of Joe Worrall. He's more of a siege centre half and isn't suited to playing for Rangers/Celtic. But i'm sure he'll do well elsewhere.

He’s a former teammate of Goldson so he’s obviously going to talk to him.

F*ck him.

He’s nothing like Joe Worrall either.

Other than that, bang on.

B-DB-DSo did he leave Dubai for Family reasons or was it to talk to Forrest? It was all over social media that he was talking to someone from Forrest about a move, then Mr courageous said Duffy was exempt from playing against hibs only for him to travel back to Play against them, so how many bubbles did he have? Did they play him knowing he is away sooner than later not caring about the 10 days isolation? God help Forrest if they think he's the answer to their defense, the mhedia have started to bum up the rebel from Motherwell, it looks like celtic will sign him to replace Duffy, I know things gets better n better, I for one want to thank Mr Shane Duffy for all the help he's given towards us lifting #55.

Have you bumped your heid or on the drink.

B-DB-DSo did he leave Dubai for Family reasons or was it to talk to Forrest? It was all over social media that he was talking to someone from Forrest about a move, then Mr courageous said Duffy was exempt from playing against hibs only for him to travel back to Play against them, so how many bubbles did he have? Did they play him knowing he is away sooner than later not caring about the 10 days isolation? God help Forrest if they think he's the answer to their defense, the mhedia have started to bum up the rebel from Motherwell, it looks like celtic will sign him to replace Duffy, I know things gets better n better, I for one want to thank Mr Shane Duffy for all the help he's given towards us lifting #55.
We really need to find other ways to thank him. He has given us so much enjoyment over the last few months.
His contribution really shouldn’t go unmentioned.

This season will be ingrained in his head for the rest of his life ,should it start to fade I'm sure bears will be more than happy to remind him and offer their gratitude, and maybe get an autograph ;)

I dunno when they are due to test but I thought it would have been before now . I’m very suprised if they have no more positive tests

Sky sports news SPFL tab and the scum say they expect Duffer to remain at sharkhead until season ends. Sounds good to me.

Define decent guy,Please
Even the tims dont defend Duffers the way you have in your post. Hes utter shite and its to our benefit.
We were told he was going to be a warrior against us. Remember that movie? Warrior come out to play? warrior come out to play? B-) B-)

Eff him and his republican lizards

He's a f.ucking rebel dick who hates us. I revel in his misery

I would expect that his 40k pw wages would be a stumbling block. Celtic have made a season-long commitment to cover that and I can't really see too many clubs being eager to stump it up.

Translation of that shite is Celtic are bitterly disappointed Duffy will be staying till the end of the season as no fucker is remotely interested.

Genuine opinion is that sellik tried to get him to fck before any of his antics in Dubai broke but had to recall him due to the whole isolation/injury/suspension in the CB department.

They got a phone call regarding the pictures in Dubai and briefed on the outrage back home, Duffy got caught doing something silly after this and they shat the bed, tried to get him out the door with the whole family issues story before the press got wind of it.

I honestly think if they had cover in that position with none of them in isolation, you wouldn't have seen him turn out for them again.

This is a guy who was sent home from Dubai, deleting his social media accounts in the process, something stinks.

My opinion, nothing more.

Has there been any explanation as to how he was allowed to play on Monday night, after Celtics assistant manager admitted that he couldn't play as hed left the team bubble ?

Returned a negitive test and allowed to rejoin the bubble after being tested was there excuse for him being allowed back into the bubble

Last edited:
Why did zungu have to isolate for two weeks before he was able to join the squad?

He had to leave his teams elite bubble to travel to Glasgow. So to ensure he was joining our teams elite bubble without covid, he had to self isolate as a precaution. Despite a negative test, you can still be a carrier.

The exact same should have happened in Shane Duffy’s case.

Not really, but let's just be thankful that he did and hope he plays tomorrow as well.

Back