Lennon Will be gone

Not a chance he’s walking away from £2.4 million a year

there’s was chat on Clyde (I know) about giving him next season to rebuild and start again B-D
This would be by far the best option, for us!

Season ticket renewals would be 20k tops if this is the plan...

This would be by far the best option, for us!

Season ticket renewals would be 20k tops if this is the plan...
That's why I can't see him staying they'll bite the bullet and replace him in the hope of getting the season ticket renewels back in

Rather it was a Ross or Clarke than Howe. Howe is a good manager.

Whoever it is, there is big rebuilding job to do.

The turn around within the Old Firm can be quick, as we've seen in the past. We've shown that it doesn't take multi million pound superstars to turn it around.

Just concentrate on ourselves, continue to improve and don't stop or stagnate.

If they sack Lennon they'll replace him with a cheap option. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Scot Brown. There's no way a decent name manager is going there.

If he was getting sacked you'd think it would have happened by now. Results terrible, the lack of discipline regarding Covid protocols in Dubai - both could have been used to sack him.

Can't blame Lennon here he wasn't even in charge last 2 games. He started the 10 let him finish it

I said this last night but there is every chance that Wed night could be Lennons very own “Mowdray v St Mirren” moment.

There are players in that squad that don’t want to be there and will be glad they were placed in isolation.

If that happens on Wed night and they lose by a couple of goals then Lennon will 100% be gone

The problem they have is who would take the job?

If the sack him and go short term appointment they could be in a worse place start of next year.

If they sack him now and go for a longer term view appointment who is there? Eddie Howe, who's never won anything and is used to making a team survive is about as good as they will get.

I think the squad is going to need an overhaul as well because it feels like a number of players want out.

Let's hope they keep up their record of big money signings.....

Be some cracking OF games if Howe comes, take him 2 years to implement his style by which time the GFITW will have chased him.

Also check out the Sky video when he was on MNF with Carragher, he'll love Strachan way his wee laptop with his lack of personal skills but won't have the minerals to cut it up here. No personality, little humour, shy character will get eaten alive up here.

Carra and Lamps went to help coach the U21s at England, Howe also invited as an up and coming coach at the time. Never said a word as too shy. Good coach poor manager might be a cap that fits, being unable to reverse a form slide and jumping ship before relegation. Nothing to fear!

This ^^^^

Howe did a very decent job at Bournemouth for a period and is clearly a good coach. But I really don’t think he has the character traits required to succeed in Glasgow, the goldfish bowl and daily scrutiny would consume him and spit him out quite quickly. I don’t buy the homesick at Burnley story, I recall he returned south for family reasons more than anything else, but if he does get appointed at the bheggars I think he’d quickly realise that it’s not a job for him. In fact, to quote a favourite FF journalist I reckon Howe is already “quietly terrified” at the prospect :)

Seen the rumour about Desmonds son. Also Wednesday will be Lennon’s last match and Eddie Howe will be replacing him on Thursday. Anyone shine any light on this? (Facebook/ Whatapp rumour)

Would be more concerned that Jack Ross gets the job than Eddie Howe for some reason. Howe would bottle it up here.

Not a chance he’s walking away from £2.4 million a year

there’s was chat on Clyde (I know) about giving him next season to rebuild and start again B-D
If the fat Japanese gives Lennon the keys to the biscuit tin for a rebuilding job there will be riots outside the Chamber of Secrets. Keeping Lennon in post after this clusterfuck of a season would be a massive two fingers to their fans, and would be football and business suicide. I’m sure he’ll be away when they can identify a new manager and agree on a severance package. The fat Japanese might be out the door right behind Lennon.

Seen the rumour about Desmonds son. Also Wednesday will be Lennon’s last match and Eddie Howe will be replacing him on Thursday. Anyone shine any light on this? (Facebook/ Whatapp rumour)
Yip, it was doing the rounds last night, i have to say, there was nothing in there that would come as a shock

Could he not see out the Euros, only 3 games & time to plan between now & then. Their fans would hate him within 3 months, his style doesn't suit the C****c way
I can't see the SFA agreeing to allow him to "plan" for a job at Shark Park whilst he's supposed to be preparing a team for the Euros.

And there won't be any time for him to get going with them after the Euros are done either. I think the CL qualifiers start on 20 July for them (assuming they finish 2nd). The Euros finish only a week prior.

Now admittedly, Scotland is very unlikely to make the Final, but even if Scotland goes out at the Group Stage, that's still only three weeks.

Who is identifying talent, putting players up for transfer, bring them in, etc? 2021/2 would be already blown for them. I just can't see that happening.

Eddie Howe would be mad to take that job.
Assuming he has ambitions to Manage one of the big clubs down south, Sharkhead could ruin him. They’d expect to be challenging next season the pressure to implement an immediate miracle fix would be off the scale.
His style of open attacking football will be attractive to them however his Bournemouth sides never had anything remotely like a decent defence.
Ironically I’d have gladly had him at Ibrox when we started rebuilding to take us through the leagues and create a foundation for future success.

This ^^^^

Howe did a very decent job at Bournemouth for a period and is clearly a good coach. But I really don’t think he has the character traits required to succeed in Glasgow, the goldfish bowl and daily scrutiny would consume him and spit him out quite quickly. I don’t buy the homesick at Burnley story, I recall he returned south for family reasons more than anything else, but if he does get appointed at the bheggars I think he’d quickly realise that it’s not a job for him. In fact, to quote a favourite FF journalist I reckon Howe is already “quietly terrified” at the prospect :)
Spot on

Surely the board can not blame Lennon for the last two results and only blame themselves.

Would be madness to sack him just now and tbh I want the horrible <unt there at the full time whistle when the league is officially over. He should be out here with the most who suffer from this.

To those asking who would take the job, it’s not so long ago that we were crap - no CL on the horizon, next to no cash, no 4 trebles in the bag, crazy Pedro as manager and yet we attracted Stevie G.

I’ve seen reports of his son joining their Board - not sure it’s as CEO though. Certainly smacks of Dermott wanting to keep a closer eye/tighter rein on things.

Ross Desmond has been attending scum board meetings as Dirty Dermot's representative for the past couple of years. He's hardly going to be a breath of fresh air.

I think Lennon will see out the season then go. Not much point changing now with the league gone and this transfer window being difficult to rebuild a squad

If the fat Japanese gives Lennon the keys to the biscuit tin for a rebuilding job there will be riots outside the Chamber of Secrets. Keeping Lennon in post after this clusterfuck of a season would be a massive two fingers to their fans, and would be football and business suicide. I’m sure he’ll be away when they can identify a new manager and agree on a severance package. The fat Japanese might be out the door right behind Lennon.
Honestly I’d expect the same but Snyde mentioned Celtic possibly keeping him and allowing him to rebuild was hinted a few times yesterday albeit very quickly .

Celtic are skint and any money from player sales will be needed to pay off Lennon , bring in a new guy and give him some funds .

celtic are not recouping the £30 million lennons wasted

Howe would be similar to the Brendan appointment. An unemployed manager waiting on a good offer.
The difference this time is we are in a far better position than when Rodgers came in.
Howe or whoever they bring in won’t have it as easy as Rodgers
Howe is a decent manager, he performed absolute miracles with Bournemouth, it was actually astonishing from where they were when he took over.

But it doesn’t look like he would enjoy the pressure up here. I reckon he will look to stay on the south coast.

Clarke would absolutely sort their defence out, he is a Scottish Sam Allerdyce. But the manky hordes just wouldn’t tolerate his style.

Any other decent manager wouldn’t touch them right now. I really hope they go down the “bold” approach of Scott Brown, thinking he can do what Gerrard has done.

Nobody will take that job this season as they will be associated in their part in losing the '10' so Lennon will stay until the end of the season.

I hope they do go for Howe he is like Rodgers in a way where he plays good football but just can't build a defence. He likes to spend money on crap as well so maybe he would sign Duffy and Laxalt permanently. If he got homesick at Burnley then how is he going to handle life up here under a ton of pressure? It's a non starter more likely to be someone like Jack Ross

I'm really not sure what makes Eddie Howe such a great appointment. Maybe it's just me i don't know. He won back to back promotions and strung a few passes together in the Premier league but so did Paul Lambert.

Better than what they currently have yes, but Daffy Duck would improve them.

Last edited:
I think they'll hand it to Kennedy for the remainder of the season under the auspice of it being a caretaker role.

Similar to Lennon in his first stint, they'll be hoping a few results galvanise the support to give them option of appointing Kennedy in the summer under a "restructure".

What nobody is talking about is how much needs to be done behind the scenes at Celtic. They've taken their eye off the ball - long term planning has been non-existent since Rodgers left (possibly even before) with all focus on their quest for a tainted 10. What they do next (rebuild) will come from Desmond's pocket or external funding.

Back