15 wins in a row, today had to happen eventually

Wasnt a great game today but we weren’t going through the whole season winning every single game. League is still over in my opinion. 12 clear IF they win their games in hand

my fb full of the usual “shite rangers” patter but most of them probably are sitting wearing their NTL Nike tops they have hoked out from the bottom of the wardrobe

Always happens when you play a team bottom of the league and a new manager. Almost as if they need the points more than us. I don’t think we were “god awful” as some panty wetters are saying. That mob never got out their own half in the second half. We’re missing 3/4 of our first picks at the moment. A draw was bound to happen at some point. We’re still winning this league.

We’ve dropped 6 points all season, it’s impossible be at our free flowing best for 60 odd games too.

On another day Goldson’s header goes in, or Defoe’s strike takes a nick & flies into the corner.

I’ve no concerns about today at all, folk getting worked up need to chill out a bit & have a look at our position in the league

However, I’m not excusing some of the awful performances today. Merely saying it’s not going to be an issue in the long run.

I also think that’s far too many games over the past 6 weeks we’ve been “ok” at best, but like I said if you can win without breaking sweat then do it.

Nothing to worry us going forward from today. In control for pretty much the whole match, on another day we win that game with some of the chances we’ve created. Fine margins

Was always going to be hard to break them down.

Showed resilience in getting the equaliser at least. As mentioned by others, hard to do it every game.

Few players look a little jaded and we could do with one or 2 in Jan to freshen up and give alternative options.

I did not believe, even after beating Celtic, that we would get through Pittodrie, Motherwell and Hibs without drawing at least one of them. The law of averages suggested we were due a slip up. It happens to all teams.

However I also would not have believed, after that Old firm game, that we could draw with Motherwell and still be 2 points further ahead of them when we were after full time on the 2nd of January.

We are in a fantastic position. On to Saturday and who knows, maybe even get another little gift on Wednesday night.

Couple of points here. Today’s performance was not a one off, we’ve been struggling and grinding out wins for a while with woeful finishing and even defensive mistakes starting to creep into our game.
Also, if Covid causes the Gov to stop all football then the further we are in front of bheast fc the more chance we have of the title being awarded to us like what happened last year, instead of it being declared null and void.

As above. Thought I should put this up before the iminent uncalled for FF meltdown:))

Today was just one of those days. Absolutely nothing to worry about and we were eventually going to drop points.
It would have been foolish to think we would win every game this season. We had chances and had 1 cleared off the line. It is now very important that we batter ross county

Couple of points here. Today’s performance was not a one off, we’ve been struggling and grinding out wins for a while with woeful finishing and even defensive mistakes starting to creep into our game.
Also, if Covid causes the Gov to stop all football then the further we are in front of bheast fc the more chance we have of the title being awarded to us like what happened last year, instead of it being declared null and void.
The null and void is a cry for help from the mentally challengeds. Do not believe that will happen, it cant happen after they were awarded it last season

Football will not be stopped, that post is just total scaremongering.

At the absolute worst we may see a 3 wee break, even then there must be a 0.00000000001% chance of that happening.

Football will not be stopped, that post is just total scaremongering.

At the absolute worst we may see a 3 wee break, even then there must be a 0.00000000001% chance of that happening.

The guy's post was completely absurd. People on this forum who rage about absolutely everything...that one surely takes the biscuit. Effectively saying drawing today has made the chances of the league being declared null and void more likely, whereas if we'd have won it would have been more likely they'd award it to Rangers.

Honestly, thats ban worthy pish. Shouldn't be allowed on the internet that guy.

The guy's post was completely absurd. People on this forum who rage about absolutely everything...that one surely takes the biscuit. Effectively saying drawing today has made the chances of the league being declared null and void more likely, whereas if we'd have won it would have been more likely they'd award it to Rangers.

Honestly, thats ban worthy pish. Shouldn't be allowed on the internet that guy.
I don’t understand it myself mate ;)

As above. Thought I should put this up before the iminent uncalled for FF meltdown:))

Today was just one of those days. Absolutely nothing to worry about and we were eventually going to drop points.
Why?

46 points out of 48... As opposed to 2 points out of 9.

I normally can't watch their games, but I watched the first 80 mins (and last 30 seconds of injury time) of their game with Hibs... And the whole Livi game. We are light years ahead, even with the quality of our final balls today.

We were always going to drop points, there's no better time to do when they have dropped so many in a week.

If this had happened in December we'd have folk giving Tav abuse on social media and the most extreme whoppers in our support calling for Gerrard to go.

As it was, we are in a better position than this time last week, and a week closer to the title.

Obviously a shame that chance Defoe made for himself at the end didn't go in.. I had planned a day of listening to YouTube's finest.

Bring on Ross County

dont think its a meltdown at all which is down to the fact that the mentally challengeds matched our result yesterday. different story if they'd clawed back a couple of points on us.

with a bit of luck they will lose midweek against Livi and we can take advantage with our next home match against Ross County

Because, simply, shit happens.

Why do you need to search for a reason? Is it to apportion blame? Does it make you feel better? Why not just content yourself with the knowledge that in football, sometimes you don't win?
The OP said there was going to be a meltdown. It never really happens does it?

What you get is punters going tonto on adrenile during and after a game of football.

What worries me is the OP's over confidence, in my opinion. Nothing is over.

When Subo's singing the Sash, we'll have a party.

You and me both.

Annoying that we didn't take advantage of their dropped points but in the same vane, they didn't take advantage of ours. I know which position I'd rather be in...remaining unbeaten is also a big positive.

Today was no surprise really as the warning signs have been there since Tannadice.It is disappointing but not the end of the world like some are acting if it is.

I don’t mind dropping the 2 points today as long as we get back to winning ways next week. It is now a little test of the players mentality. If we were to drop points 2 games in a row the players could start to feel the pressure even with the gap we have. We all know what happened the last couple of years at this stage.

Think fans are perfectly entitled to criticise a poor performance yet not have a 'meltdown', which I've not seen anywhere on here since the final whistle.

I'm frustrated we lost a game we should be winning and saying 'we were going to drop points eventually' doesn't change anything.

We're unbeaten in the league. In the middle of January. No team can win every single match. Hell...we might even lose one. We'll be fine.
Exactly. Do people think we are going to win every single game we play? Of course not.

Exactly. Do people think we are going to win every single game we play? Of course not.
Should we expect to beat utter dross at the bottom of the league?

Yes or No?

We all know that teams and players can go through difficult spells.

But we seem to have a whole midfield off on their hols.

Are we correct to point this out or just shut up?

I think bar the obvious disappointment in dropping points today might be good in the long run. Twitter was an embarrassment last night with people planning parties etc. I include myself in this. It’s not over and won’t be until it’s mathematically impossible for them to catch us. Hopefully this brings everyone including the team back down to focus on the remaining job

Back