Jack Wilshere Signs For Bournemouth

Two or three weeks after being linked with us I went right off him. A player who claims that he is fully fit, so much to give etc and he completely misses the first half of the season when he is desperate to play? At 28/29 years of age?

As someone else said earlier in the thread, he gives off the impression that he is doing clubs a favour.

Will miss the 20 pager on him possibly joining us that would have been on here at the end of January.:D

He is a talented player. There is no doubt about that. You don't play for Arsenal in the EPL or indeed England if you're not decent. However.....he is so injury prone and has been paid millions whilst on the treatment table. Wouldn't have been an option for me.

The thread on him signing was one of the FF greats since I joined the board, think Doc ended up chopping about 7 of them.

Just total nonsense.

No denying he has bags of talent but falls into the same camp as Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck.

Wilshere made his debut for Arsenal in 2008 and averaged 15 games a season since then.
Spot on BK. Imagine the money the four of them were on and the amount of game time they missed through injury. Some at Liverpool called Sturridge 'twisted sock' as he'd be out for a month with one.

He is full of himself which is a shame as he could have been a good player
He is a good player but his career has been ruined by injury, anyone who saw him v us at the emirates cup would have pegged him to have a great career, he was fantastic that day.

Fair play, undoubtedly too big a player to play for Rangers so he has moved to a club where he can truly showcase his remarkable abilities and win trophies, from the treatment table.

Good player but that puts an end to the speculation. We dont need him either we have Glen Kamara.

Hope he stays injury free.

He is a talented player. There is no doubt about that. You don't play for Arsenal in the EPL or indeed England if you're not decent. However.....he is so injury prone and has been paid millions whilst on the treatment table. Wouldn't have been an option for me.
Can you imagine the wages he'd have been draining the club of. I'd much rather give our youth players a chance who'd at least be hungry. Good riddance and welcome to obscurity.

Could’ve gone abroad and had a different challenge there, was a possibility to come up here and be part of a historic season playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, who does he choose?

Bournemouth in the Championship. Typical backward little Englander mentality not wanting to get out of his comfort zone.

The fact that no team in the top division went for him says an awful lot. I hope for Bournemouth’s sake it’s a pay as you play deal otherwise it’s going to cost them a huge amount of money in wages

No denying he has bags of talent but falls into the same camp as Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck.

Wilshere made his debut for Arsenal in 2008 and averaged 15 games a season since then.
Walcott? About 500 top flight appearances and almost 50 England caps approaching 32. He’s regularly played about 40 games a season. Sorry but nowhere near the same camp as the others you mentioned.

I'll admit, I was pretty keen for him to sign for us, I thought he was a step up in quality from the type of player we already have, and one who would maybe take us that extra step further in Europe and in the league.
Thankfully, we have done exceptionally well so far this season with the players we have, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't always be looking to improve.

However, when I saw what Wilshere said about not being his first choice, I changed my mind and I'm glad that we didn't try to sign him.
I could accept that he maybe fancied going to a better league, but to say we weren't his first choice and then to end up at Bournemouth sums him up.

Good luck Jack, imagine what could have been if you had some humility.

Back