Lurgan Flopp - All chat in here please

They have got off with this jolly scot free. People bumping gums doesn't change that.

If the shoe was on the other foot we would be hammered no question.

I know what you are saying, but, I think this is better than getting fined. Every cant is calling them out now. Just adds to the pressure they will be under.

Meanwhile at the Lennon household
more like this the pished cunt

giphy.gif

If he stays on for much longer after this the poets must be in an absolutely rotton state no way if a Rangers manager did that press conference would he see out the day

It is one cover-up that has failed miserably, the best PR intervention company in the world couldn't make it look anything but a disaster.
considering it even made ITV evening news tonight the cats out the bag breeding like a bastard Neic no chance of getting a job in football anywhere worth working.

I think it is hilarious and I have no sympathy for Lennon or for Filth FC.
But that is because of who they are.
They have behaved so arrogantly for years that they deserve everything negative that comes their way.

However, if I was able to view them in this one instance objectively, I might see where Lennon is coming from.
Filth FC are not being chased down because of this trip to Dubai, that isn't the reason that their usual fan club have lost patience with them, no the reason is as I said on another thread.

The SNP and their pals in the press hate them this season because they have let those Orange Bstrd Unionist scum from across the city back into a position of ascendancy.
This is causing all the Rangers haters to swallow platefuls of humble pie with the horror of even more helpings to come later in the season.
For this reason and this reason alone, they have become the unforgiven.

FFsake, if the Filth were running riot in Scotland and keeping the Unionist bstrds in their place, they could have fckd off to Dubai and had a conga in the fckn swimming pool with party hats and holding bottles of champagne and the SNP would have strategically ignored it, whilst the press corps would have applauded it as the 'craic' from diligent dedicated lovable athletes who deserved a day off.

Who are they trying to kid?
This all day long. Absolutely bang on the money.

Split over 2 posts, due to length of content...

Fizzing Celtic boss Neil Lennon didn't hold back as he laid into the media and the government for their reaction to the trip to Dubai.

The Hoops manager has accused people of 'bullying' the club, at having an 'agenda' and slaughtered Andy Walker for his opinion on Sky Sports last week.

It came after a second Celtic player was tested positive for Covid-19 - after Christopher Jullien returned a positive test last week.

Lennon also criticised the government and the protocols in Scottish football.

Here's everything Lennon said during his incredible press conference.

Question: How has the last week been for you?

Neil Lennon:
Interesting watching the media and the fallout and the attacks on the club. I have a question for you Charles, on your show last week you had Andy Walker on live saying our winter training camp was a jolly. Can you explain to me what he meant by that?

You can’t go on a public platform and spread lies and insults about my professionalism, my players professionalism. 70 to 80 per cent of the players are teetotal. You know the inference and the innuendo he was making. It wasn’t a stag doo, it wasn’t an 18-30, even though it’s being portrayed like that. We went out there with the best intentions, the lads had one day off. We got into Dubai at 7 in the morning and were entitled to a bit of down time.

It’s not as if we did the conga in the dressing room dancing to Baccara or doing a train journey from London to Glasgow while having Covid.
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport.../celtic-Rangers-involved-spfl-crisis-19614454
I think we’ve been harshly treated. I would apologise to our supporters for the fallout, it shouldn’t have been Peter who had to do it, it should have been me. It was my decision, along with the backroom team, medical staff and sports scientists to go with the best intentions for the benefit of the team going forward for the second half of the season.

Unfortunately it’s not worked out that way, we’ve had one positive test but that shows our protocols were very good out of a group of 60 odd people.

I think the fallout from this has bene way too much and a bit of bullying going on and we’ve been held to a far higher standard than any other club.

What I want is for you to go speak to Andy and for Andy to apologise because he was demanding apologies from the club. I want an apology from Andy because he is questioning my professional integrity, my players professional integrity and the use of the word term ‘jolly’ is quite crass and arrogant.

He accused the club of being arrogant, we weren’t. We had no intention of being arrogant or rubbing it in anyone’s faces. We went out to do a good week’s work and get a volume of work we wouldn’t have got here in Scotland. Until then, you won’t be getting anything from me or my players.

Who is Andy speaking for then? Does he speak for the Celtic support? Is he all of a sudden a man of the people? Challenging the club’s social ethos. Andy has been in the game here for 20/30 years and he’s made no contribution to Celtic whatsoever.

I’m not sure he’s in a position, he stood up there as if he was a Celtic legend and a stalwart of the club, putting the boot into me, the club and everyone involved and I think he’s totally out of order.

Who is he speaking for?

He’s on your platform.

His opinion is false and it’s insulting.

Peter apologised on behalf of the club last week and you felt you should have been in a position, when you look back over the last week or so is this a point where the stuff off the pitch has taken the headlines? A couple of draws and a loss to Rangers, has this overshadowed it?

There seems to be some sort of agenda being driven here. We played very well at Ibrox and didn’t deserve to lose the game. We were the better team. We’ve come back and been absolutely decimated by these rules. I’m not convinced they’re a public health issue, it seems political in my opinion. Nobody has got Covid. Our protocols were perfect. We’ve been decimated the last two games.

The players have done all they can, the ones who have been left behind to play the games. Could have played a little bit better in both the games but considering some of them hadn’t played in a year and we had some young boys out there doing a man’s job, to come away with two points we’ll have to take it.

We’re very motivated, it’s great to see all the players so we want to go on a run now and put in the type of performances we put in towards the end of December.​

Do you feel you have a chance of turning this situation around?

Of course. The league may be beyond us but we’ll not stop trying. What we have to do is start winning games on a consistent and regular basis.

Is everyone back for Wednesday and have they been tested?

Yes. All been tested rigorously. I’ve been tested five or six times myself. We’ve all been tested again today, we get the results back later on but from the lateral flow test this morning, everyone is negative.

How did you keep in contact?

Just by technology. Obviously you had zoom, you had cameras at the game, cameras in the dressing room as well.

Is it worth an apology for what’s happened?

At the end of the day we’ve gone out there with the best of intentions and professional, just as other clubs are doing at the minute. We were out there speaking to the manager of the training complex and he was saying ‘if there’s a circuit break in England, we’ve had some enquiries from English clubs as well’. British athletics were out there, Zenit St Petersburg are out there now, it wasn’t just exclusive to Celtic going out there. Other clubs use the facility as well because it’s world class.

I do regret that we lost 13 players and three very important members of staff but that was out of our control.

Was there a doubt in your mind?

I was just hoping that we’d go out there and get away from the pressure a little bit, get some warm weather, train, get them refreshed like we have done many many times before and get a positive impact when we come back. Always in the back of your mind there’s a worry someone might pick it up but you don’t imagine you’re going to lose 13 players and three staff because one player has picked it up somewhere.

When you come back and the whole thing explodes, do you feel in some ways has it created this madness but it’s also hampered your chances of sitting down with Peter and saying ‘I’ve turned this around’?

I don’t think it’s hampered my position. I’ve had chats with Peter on a daily basis. We feel we’ve been held to a higher standard than other clubs. There’s outbreaks across the country, Aston Villa shut down, Raith Rovers. They haven’t travelled anywhere. We could have maybe stayed here and had an outbreak but because our protocols have been so good, we’ve been able to quell that.

In terms of the trip itself, we felt really good on the way back. We felt we had a good week, quality of work physically and mentally really good coming back for the second half of the season. But this thing has taken off and we’ve been shot at from all sides rightly or wrongly. You all have your own opinions professional or morally but right from when this was first mooted, I thought it would be the best thing to do at the time.

More politically motivated

I’m not getting into a fight with the government but I’ll leave it out there. Sorry just to clarify there, Iain has just told me that we’ve had one other person who has been deemed positive. So we’ve had two out of the whole 60. The person would rather remain private.

Discussions with Peter, do you feel Peter has said to you you’re the man?

He’s not said that, no, but I don’t think he needs to either. My job is to carry on and get the best out of the team. It was only a month ago we won the treble but now there’s a bloodlust for me to lose my job. There has been for quite a while but that’s the nature of being a football manager in this day and age.

Is it another player?

Yes.
It wasn’t a stag doo - Stag A Doo Doo Doo!

Reactions: o7o
The sun reporting the official twitter account has blanked any mention of the press conference from today Surley he must be getting sacked now

If the club backed his comments they would have shared the press conference videos or quotes as they normally would.

I think he’ll be sacked by the end of the week regardless of Livingston result.

Last edited:
So in mid-conference the ground shifted beneath him when he was advised a second player who had been isolating had proved positive.
This of course makes a mockery of his claim that there was no need for 13 players to isolate. I suspect the reason he subsequently became so incoherent and rash during the conference is because his brain didn't want to process the implications of the 13 NOT isolating.

Another point- plenty in the media are not without blame. They've been condoning Lennon's disgraceful behaviour for years.

After being in self-isolation for a week festering. He just cannot help himself and so much wants to play his ever-ready victim card. But in doing so he`s made an utter cuunt of himself by that performance today. This story will continue in the press & media all week. It gets better and better.

Falling in his sword to save Pete? I smell a pay off and a mutually agreed separation
My thoughts exactly.

He is saying it was his decision which is laughable tbh and having a meltdown.

Says he will keep fighting etc knowing full well he is getting paid off.

On the other hand if thats his actual thoughts and his behaviour he should be sacked straight after that.

Hes a cert to get sacked imo only good thing is no manager worth his salt will touch that job just now total car crash at the moment,so likely Kennedy will fill the job untill the summer

you know what mate i genuinely do believe he would be a farce. when tranny rodgers was appointed i held my hands up and said that it was a terrific appointment - simply because he is a very decent manager. i like to think that i can look at their appointments completely objectively.

Howe though. In my opinion Howe could be a fucking SHAMBLES for them. An absolute clustercunt in the transfer market, wet as a drip of spunk, and a guy who has only ever operated at a level where he is expected to do OK.

he'd be eaten alive and i genuinely think he could set them back a decade.

Good thing about this is that a mentally challenged cunt i know sat and looked me in the eye back in 2018 and told me McInnes would have been revolutionary for us and that we had absolutely fucked it by going for Gerrard and not re-visiting the option of McInnes. This same guy now says that Howe would be the bollocks for them and that he would change them for the better. With that seal of endorsement, I'm all in.

fuck howe.
Howe is weak but not stupid.I don't think there is any chance of him taking the job.He would know that being chased out of the shark pit would spoil his chances of staying on the merry-go-round of mediocre managers who get jobs.Jack Ross will be their limit I reckon.Cheap,safe(ish)and doomed to fail.

Lennon stated twice in about 3 minutes they are all negative and nobody has covid yet not one "journalist" said well there's clearly two positives ya moron.
Or mentioned that 4 of his players took part in the conga he was greeting about and also failed to mention his picture with someone at the pool that he must have consented to.

Howe is weak but not stupid.I don't think there is any chance of him taking the job.He would know that being chased out of the shark pit would spoil his chances of staying on the merry-go-round of mediocre managers who get jobs.Jack Ross will be their limit I reckon.Cheap,safe(ish)and doomed to fail.
Mate i reckon Howe is a shout for them and I dont think the Mark Hughes links are too wide of the mark either - a fucking dinosaur capable of trying to recapture the wibble glory days of packing the team full of hacking bastards who "play hard".

neither appointment would surprise me. hope it fucking bankrupts them.

The reason I was delighted he got the job full time even though he managed to win trophies for them was because this is his reaction to sustained pressure this is the start of there comedown as we continue or rise

When are we expecting a response from Andy Walker/sky re Lennons demand/threat?

Do we think Walker will back down and apologise or will he be forced to by Sky or will Lennon be told he is getting no such apology?

Back