Allan McGregor - Rangers GOAT

Just look at some of these saves. Year after year in the modern era of the game. Quicker, more powerful and more skilful players than ever before. He’s stopped them all. I’m sorry, no one comes close.

You say no one comes close, i'd suggest the man who was voted our greatest ever goalkeeper more than comes close.

Goram was better.

Brilliant servant, might be an age thing but I hate this GOAT shite another American term flashed around about just about anyone decent. He's definitely in our top 5 goalkeepers though, probably top 3.

You say no one comes close, i'd suggest the man who was voted our greatest ever goalkeeper more than comes close.

Goram was better.
He wasn’t. Period. I can see why many of us believe so, but the modern game - McGregor’s career - is so much faster and the attention levels/reflexes needed are infinitely more. McGregor GOAT.

Just look at some of these saves. Year after year in the modern era of the game. Quicker, more powerful and more skilful players than ever before. He’s stopped them all. I’m sorry, no one comes close.

Tell you what, when you finish your standard grades (and if you get good marks), I’ll show you a couple of goalies who not only came close but surpassed McGregor.

I love McGregor by the way.

He wasn’t. Period. I can see why many of us believe so, but the modern game - McGregor’s career - is so much faster and the attention levels/reflexes needed are infinitely more. McGregor GOAT.
Goram would have been a great keeper in any era. All great players would have been great whatever the era, class is permanent

Andy Goram was easily one of the best if not the best keeper in the world at his peak. For me for a period he was better than Schmeichel.

As much as I love McGregor there's a reason he's never been seen as such, there's a reason he played for the likes of Hull and Cardiff. He's improved a lot and stopped a lot of clangers that he used to drop and has been fucking brilliant for us since returning.

But he's not near Gorams level.

Its Goram

But great to see the Samaras save again. Looks better at full speed though.

He also deserves his penalty save with a snapped achilles tendon to be in there. But we got beat when he went off.

A proper video might contend with Gorams.

Not trying to be offensive here, but are you in your 20s?

Most of us who lived through the 9 in a row years will say The Goalie was the best keeper we’ve ever had.

McGregor is Goram’s number 2 in our greatest ever squad.

Not trying to be offensive here, but are you in your 20s?

Most of us who lived through the 9 in a row years will say The Goalie was the best keeper we’ve ever had.

McGregor is Goram’s number 2 in our greatest ever squad.
Peter McCloy was my hero growing up pal. That’s how old I am. Will always love the goalie, but McGregor eclipses him. A few on here just don’t want to know it.

these threads always turn into a ruck between new bears and salty old bears

we have many GOATs

too many GOATs to mention

we are The Rangers

I grew up watching Woods, Goram & Klos etc & I always said Goram was the best but I think macgregor has at least overtaken woods & klos. I think the last couple of years have put him on a par with the goalie

I like McGregor, never seen the other three & for all McGregor is capable of the sublime, he’s also capable of the ridiculous.

Wee things also nip at me, his indecision sometimes (mainly with crosses), the nose bleed when he leaves his 6 yard area & his kicking.

That said, he’s the best shot stopper I’ve ever seen play for Rangers.

People label him world class, world class players don’t play lower end championship for Hull. Who knows, in a different era maybe he would be but he lacks the skills modern keepers need.

I can’t really say he’s better than X,Y or Z as I’ve only seen videos & Dvd’s of the others as opposed seeing McGregor for 90 minutes most weeks.

Certainty for HOF & in my opinion, the Bremen save is the greatest made by a Rangers keeper.

Peter McCloy was my hero growing up pal. That’s how old I am. Will always love the goalie, but McGregor eclipses him. A few on here just don’t want to know it.
If I rated Mcgregor above Goram I'd have no hesitation in saying so but as far as I'm concerned Goram is the best I've seen in my time and I go back to the early 1960s

Back