Lurgan Flopp - All chat in here please

We’ve come back and been absolutely decimated by these rules. I’m not convinced they’re a public health issue, it seems political in my opinion. Nobody has got Covid. Our protocols were perfect. We’ve been decimated the last two games.
In a press conference that reached new heights in shambolic, rambling, pathetic and narcissism; this stood out as the highlight.

Nobody has got COVID, except those that have.

The protocols were perfect except there is evidence of them being broken.

“Political“, always their favourite word to justify despicable behaviour.

So in mid-conference the ground shifted beneath him when he was advised a second player who had been isolating had proved positive.
This of course makes a mockery of his claim that there was no need for 13 players to isolate. I suspect the reason he subsequently became so incoherent and rash during the conference is because his brain didn't want to process the implications of the 13 NOT isolating.

Another point- plenty in the media are not without blame. They've been condoning Lennon's disgraceful behaviour for years.
That part was comedy gold. Claims that the need to isolate was ludicrous, then is told that someone in isolation has tested positive. A great Jeremy Beadle moment.

You’ve talked about the protocols being perfect, would you concede they’ve not all been around the poolside and at the bar?

We were in our bubble. The players were sitting in a bar, they weren’t on top of one another. We were outside having a beer in our bubble for half an hour. This is being made out to be something it’s not. We weren’t doing a 20 man conga which was lauded by all and sundry because Scotland qualified for the Euros. Our players weren’t behaving like that at all. 80 per cent of them are teetotal so for anyone to call it a jolly is totally disrespectful to the professionalism and the way they conduct theirselves as men.

For me there was nothing wrong with the photographs, and by the way it’s illegal to take a photographs in Dubai without someone’s consent. However we weren’t hiding anything, we weren’t up to anything, we were out there sitting there on our day off having travelled all through the night. Again, that’s our problem and not anyone else’s, but it’s impossible to do any training the next day, so they were given some down time like they all were. This has been a stick to beat us with these photographs and it’s completely preposterous.

There should have been 2m social distancing, John Kennedy slip ups

Not everything was perfect but show me anyone who is doing the right things. For example, when we played Hibs we had to bus six players in two buses because we were told now that is the way it has to be. Three people on a 52 seater bus. That has not been going on throughout the season.

We have been going to away grounds where we are cramped in like sardines. Boxing Day at Hamilton there was no social distancing there, there was no physical distancing. It is inconsistent. Protocols of different clubs are inconsistent. We go to St Johnstone all crammed into a little dressing room. Inconsistent.

As soon as Celtic are deemed to do something wrong then bang. You are all wanting blood. It is absolutely scandalous.

It’s not so much a bloodlust

That’s your opinion? Not from where I’m sitting.

The chief exec has already apologised and you’ve said it’s warranted

I’m only apologising because unfortunately we had one player pick it up. We have to look at that and see what happened. My apology is to the fans because 13 players and 3 staff had to isolate for 10 days which is ludicrous. I’m not apologising for anything else. I’m not apologising for going out there and training for a week. I’m not apologising for the players having a day off.

Is there an apology due to a wider section than just the clubs fans?

To who?

To other clubs, to the population at large who had to stay behind here, to any reputational damage it’s done in the eyes of the government?

What reputational damage has it done? Compared to Raith Rovers, compared to Hamilton, compared to Kilmarnock, compared to Motherwell, compared to Aberdeen? What damage has it done?

Well the first minister and her deputy have said the trip shouldn’t happen?

Why didn’t they stop us from going then? We flew out on the Saturday, the country went into full lockdown on the Monday. You can’t tell me the government didn’t know that we were going into full lockdown before we flew out on the Saturday?

Was the risk going to outweigh the reward?

That’s alright in hindsight. At the time we felt it was worth it. You sit there pontificating to me like the rest of you all are. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could do avoid any damage. But like I say, we’ve been held to a higher standard. There’s no leniency at all. We sent pictures of the plane, pictures of the bus, everything social distancing but it appears it wasn’t good enough for some government officials.

In terms of the review of your position, has it happened?

You need to ask the board that.

Reports you are to continue until the end of the season?

Well that’s great news for me then isn’t it.

That’s not correct, you’ve not heard that?

No.

Is the positive test from someone self-isolating?

It’s from someone self-isolating.

Are you disputing that you should have been without that many players?

Yes.

On the plane they were saying you had to isolate if you were two seats forward or two seats back, which wasn’t the case. We were told it was three metres.

Is it inaccurate?

I disagree with and I’m not convinced that was what we were led to believe. On the buses, the way we’ve been travelling and the way every team has been travelling up and down the country, now - the way the government has set out the protocols since we’ve come back, you can only have three on the bus out of a 52 seater.

We played Hibs and we had six players who couldn’t drive so we had to bus them. We couldn’t put all six on one bus. We had to get two busses to take six players. That would have meant in Dubai, we would needed 20 buses. If that’s the case, every team in the country is breaking protocols.

You feel as if the goalposts are moved?

100 percent.

Is there an issue with the guidelines?

We followed the protocols and it’s backfired on us, we’ve been punished for following the protocols so for me they’re a complete waste of time.

From this new positive, any worry of self-isolating?

Everyone is negative. The whole squad is negative, bar two players. That’s remarkable, and it totally blows out the water the way the trip has been portrayed in certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well. We did not abuse any 'privilege', we did the right things, we were totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking. Yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy."
I'm saving this for later.

He’s lost it.

Contradicts himself several times within his own press conference.

He’s managed to add fuel to the fire regarding this Dubai trip just after his CEO tried to calm the situation down, rather poorly may I add.

Not even the tims can get behind this outburst and they normally love paranoid delusion.

When things really started going south for manky mob I think the fat Japanese's idea was to keep lemon on as a buffer until the end of the season.
I Could see the logic in that as it helped keep the heat off himself. Neic has made a royal c**t off things today though with that rant and you wouldn't trust him worsen matters further from a pr perspective. Knowing the volatile nature he's dealing with the smart thing to do now for liewell would be to get rid. Let's hope this is just the start of an ugly divorce.

I thought the small snippets were bad but my god, he's went full right wing conspiracy theorist. He's a few weeks from shouting fake news and making masks a political issue.

Every club in Scotland will be fuming right now and surely the Scottish government will actually have to go after him. He's making light of covid protocols and claiming they are politically motivated.

A defeat on Wednesday and I can see him paid off or on gardening leave.
How can they NOT sack him tomorrow? He has just told the country that social distancing rules are in his opinion a pile of pish and politically motivated! As well as the several incorrect statements, personal abuse of Walker etc etc....If Clerr was thinking of letting them off the hook she better think again.....

Watch out for the “Sellick” minded MSP questioning herr Nicola tomorrow regarding Lennys statements about contradictions.

I think that's been sorted out, Liewell will want him gone, especially after todays madness.

I’ve no doubt Liewell wants rid but I can see the costs being an issue. Lennon is apparently on £800k a year and when you think of his back room staff too it’s quite a payoff.

Maybe explains why he took the punt on spending £250k on the Dubai trip hoping Lennon would turn it around instead of forking out 10 times the amount on getting rid of the management team and hiring a new one.

He will always be remembered by their own fans as the manager that lost ten and disliked for the utter embarrassment he caused the club at the end of his tensure.

Just lovely, Karma has played a blinder the last couple of months

Sounds as if he is absolutely shit-faced!!!
Funny how every mentally challenged and his dug, went on non stop about Neic's mental health over the years, and now we have a man, obviously not quite right, probably on the Don Revie, and he's on his own. Hypocritical poet rhats. Ps, hope he stays!

Lennon has brought himself and his club into disrepute. To state social distancing rules are politically motivated is wrong and he should be asked to clarify his comments and retract them. If not he should be removed as manager of his club for bringing the game into disrepute. The authorities are due to carry out fit and proper checks on David Martindale prior to Wednesday's game, there's an irony there.

They do have form for pretending things didn’t happen so nothing new for them to pretend the press conference didn’t happen

Reactions: o7o
Hope this fire between Lennon and Lawell drags out a couple of weeks yet and they end up with Kennedy till the end of the season.

4221396001_5459307202001_5459287004001-vs.jpg

Hamilton have hit back at Neil Lennon following his "no social distancing" claim.

The Celtic manager earlier questioned the coronavirus protocols being followed by both Accies and St Johnstone during an irate press conference.

Lennon said: “Show me anyone who is doing the right things.
“When we played Hibs we had to bus six players in two buses because we were told now that is the way it has to be.
“Three people on a 52 seater bus. That has not been going on throughout the season.

“We have been going to away grounds where we are cramped in like sardines.

“Boxing Day at Hamilton there was no social distancing there, there was no physical distancing.

“It is inconsistent. Protocols of different clubs are inconsistent.

“We go to St Johnstone all crammed into a little dressing room. Inconsistent.

“As soon as Celtic are deemed to do something wrong then bang. You are all wanting blood. It is absolutely scandalous.”

Accies have now responded in a statement and confirmed they are satisfied by the protocols in place at the Fountain of Youth Stadium.

It read: “It is not our policy to comment on statements made by other clubs.

"We are content that we meet the most stringent standards of Covid protocols for all people visiting our stadium.”

How can they NOT sack him tomorrow? He has just told the country that social distancing rules are in his opinion a pile of pish and politically motivated! As well as the several incorrect statements, personal abuse of Walker etc etc....If Clerr was thinking of letting them off the hook she better think again.....
It's Celtic. They let a pedophile ring grow right under their noses and still claim it's nothing to do with them. They are a club like no other, shame and decency aren't really in their nature.

Any other club would have him immediately retracting his statement, offering a public apology and put on suspension or fired. Instead they've taken it down and are trying to pretend it never happened. At best in a few days, when they realise how bad public opinion is, you'll get a club apology and an "internal investigation", quiet no laughing in the back there.

Back