David Tanner - Celtic asked Hibs to move the game eight times

It’s no doubt he ain’t going to last there very long.... So any potential employers looking at him for future jobs will not go anywhere near him now after witnessing that press conference.

Understand that, but in a season like this with huge challenges to to the fixture list, they should have been told that there is no room to move matches. If they had been held to play that fixture on the Saturday, they could have played one of their outstanding fixtures midweek. That's the real issue here for me.
Going to Dubai was the real issue as it blocked the midweek before the Hibs game as well

Sky Sports may have moved it regardless to at least the Sunday if not the Monday night as it was FA Cup weekend in England and in the past they shown a double header from Scotland

Neil Doncaster: Hello is that you Peter?
Pig Eyed Pete: Yes, Neil. Can you help me out here. We've asked these bastards over at Hibs to move our game to Monday, so we have time to get back from Dubai and sober up. Eight times we've asked them and that little orange bitch Dempster keeps saying no.
ND: Hang on let me look at the rules. There isn't one.....do you want me to make one up?
PEP: Aye, go on. Make it a good one though.
ND: I could say that if it's a stalemate the home team gets to say?
PEP: Aye, that'll work this time, but what if we are the away team next time?
ND: No bother, I'll just make another rule up.
PEP: Good man, there'll be a wee something in the post for you...

Much as this is tongue in cheek, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there wasn’t similar dialogue between those 2 reprobates.

Neil Doncaster: Hello is that you Peter?
Pig Eyed Pete: Yes, Neil. Can you help me out here. We've asked these bastards over at Hibs to move our game to Monday, so we have time to get back from Dubai and sober up. Eight times we've asked them and that little orange bitch Dempster keeps saying no.
ND: Hang on let me look at the rules. There isn't one.....do you want me to make one up?
PEP: Aye, go on. Make it a good one though.
ND: I could say that if it's a stalemate the home team gets to say?
PEP: Aye, that'll work this time, but what if we are the away team next time?
ND: No bother, I'll just make another rule up.
PEP: Good man, there'll be a wee something in the post for you...

Top class stuff BT.

This is neil lennon, this is how he handles pressure, this is how he conducts himself, the venom in the way he was speaking in that press conference was clear, hes an angry horrible bastard and im so glad it was him that fucked up their glorious 10. Make no mistake the mentally challengeds will defend it by saying they got the trebles etc. 90% of them would have rather had 10 in a row. Get it right up every single one of them. This is our time. We are the people

So why did they need to ask 8 times?
Because I don’t think either club knew about the rule, until celtc asked the SPL to step in.

Tanner does say in that clip that both clubs should have known about the rule.

Because the SPFL ask the clubs to try their best to reach an agreement first before they step in.

I actually remember reading about the rule a few years ago, if memory serves it was first brought in with the intention of it being used at the start of a season so teams can, if they wish, play in a glamour pre season tournament somewhere and earn more cash, not so they can go on a jolly in the Sun in winter.

I believe it can only be done once per season as well, but I can’t remember where I read that so I’m happy to stand corrected if this is not the case.

I’ll tell you when it wasn’t in place; when the ‘establishment’ team who run Scottish football were in a European final (bringing football in this backwater fantastic PR), and we couldn’t get games postponed because the ‘downtrodden, always cheated never defeated’ creatures had to go to Japan.

Despite us being so, so much in control of fitba we couldn’t get any help or make/ force any rule changes.

Go figure.

Because the SPFL ask the clubs to try their best to reach an agreement first before they step in.

I actually remember reading about the rule a few years ago, if memory serves it was first brought in with the intention of it being used at the start of a season so teams can, if they wish, play in a glamour pre season tournament somewhere and earn more cash, not so they can go on a jolly in the Sun in winter.

I believe it can only be done once per season as well, but I can’t remember where I read that so I’m happy to stand corrected if this is not the case.
The rule was brought in to allow Celtic to play in a tournament in Dublin- their home game with Patrick thistle was cancelled to allow them to go to Dublin 2nd or 3rd games of the season around 2016

You just know that Lennon's rant yesterday is actually the real position held within that cesspit of a club and I include Lawell in that. Lawell made that "apology" because he had nowhere else to turn.
That apology was made imo because they were furloughing the youths the next day and needed to get some good pr in first. Didn’t work, but that is what he was going for. No remorse whatsoever from the lot of them.

Likewise I do recall reading about the rule, so it’s not a complete unknown and shouldn’t be to the clubs, if memory serves it came up in 2011 as we had a game v ICT rescheduled to midweek and they weren’t happy with it but it went ahead due to this rule.

Understand that, but in a season like this with huge challenges to to the fixture list, they should have been told that there is no room to move matches. If they had been held to play that fixture on the Saturday, they could have played one of their outstanding fixtures midweek. That's the real issue here for me.
Factor in tomorrow's game, and that would have left them with only one game to catch up.

Not just in football. I remember the website punchaceleb.com where you smacked various people in the head virtually.
There were politicians, singers, sports stars etc but Lennon was ahead by millions B-)
Who knew that anti-Irish racism was such a popular global phenomenon?

It would take a brave man to front up and speak to sky pre and post match tomorrow and aint they lucky they have such a person. Lennon sure as hell wont be allowed near the mic.

He is rightfully getting it stinking today. Even Hartson is in the sun telling him to give it up. If he's in the dugout tomorrow and they lose then he'll be out the door for sure, if he isn't already. He even conceded the league was gone yesterday, hilarious stuff. Surely now this will be the last we'll see of him in a Scottish dugout.
Nah, he will take over the Sheep one day. Made for each other.

The rule was brought in to allow Celtic to play in a tournament in Dublin- their home game with Patrick thistle was cancelled to allow them to go to Dublin 2nd or 3rd games of the season around 2016
And no doubt the low-level paper gatherer who reputedly wrote the rule book made them aware that the rule was still in the rule book although it was there to allow clubs to take advantage of increased revenue opportunities and not sojourns to midwinter sunshine destinations in a season with extremely limited free fixture dates.

Likewise I do recall reading about the rule, so it’s not a complete unknown and shouldn’t be to the clubs, if memory serves it came up in 2011 as we had a game v ICT rescheduled to midweek and they weren’t happy with it but it went ahead due to this rule.
2011 they were going to Dublin to play in a tournament but the SPL hadn't confirmed any start date so when it confirmed 23rd July it caused a problem in the end Celtic v Dunfermline in week 2 as the fixture as the fixture as Dunfermline were due to be playing the League Cup 1st round that same weekend

Before that season started SPL introduced a rule to allow home club 1 postponement for a friendly we postponed a home game with Kilmarnock to play Chelsea instead it was rarely used

They went to Ireland in 2016 to play Inter Milan in the International Champions Cup once the season started

However I don't think this 'friendly' rule exists now as if it did they wouldn't need to ask Hibs in the 1st place

Last edited:
Jim White getting stuck into the bigot here, Simon Jordan is an appeaser and has wolf whistled a moon howler to call in B-D
What a weird year when Jum is saying Lennon has misread the room

They have ruled the banter years for 9 years because of all the failings we have had as a club. They have managed to bundle those 9 years into the space of 4 months.

They are a clusterfuck of a club just now, fans are pissed off, they have 5 or 6 key players out of contract in 18 months who don't want to sign new contracts, they make statements to deliberately piss off their fans, riots at parkhead twice, club losing money, going out of the CL, then finishing bottom of the EL group, losing 4-1 to a Sparta reserve team twice. Losing to us 3 times in a row. Claiming to be the biggest victims of covid despite being handed a title because of it and free shot at the CL as a seeded team. CEO apologising, then the manager completely going against it and basically telling the media the CEO agrees with him despite his statement. Saying no cases apart from 2 positive cases, remarkable. Telling the media his team were breathtaking despite being beat 4-2. I mean the list goes on and on. We must win the league this year, ideally before the Parkhead game but if we can't the next best time would be at Parkhead because they will fucking implode on a scale we have not even seen yet.

Holy fk this trump's anything from Clyde
Frank at 11am on TalkSport is gold !

We can now add assaultit to moonhowler bingo B-D B-)

What is the rule they invoked to allow the Hibs match to be moved?

They already fiddled the fixture list this season by getting the first match against us shoved back as far as possible.

Oh, forgot. That was the computer.

If there is a request to move a fixture and neither side can agree, the SPFL go with the home sides wishes.
Heard that a few weeks ago and its honestly the most ludicrous rule I think I’ve ever heard.
( if they can’t agree then they adhere to the home teams wishes)
is that not just “ home team say what’s happening”

Those pesky kattlicks @ it again getting fixtures rearranged !

As Fadder Ted would say Dats not very "Sporting Integrity",now is it :rolleyes:

There’s as saying when you’re in a hole stop digging but the beggars keep on digging regardless I don’t think there’s a JCB with a big enough bucket for them
In saying that there’s not a hole big enough to throw in the amount of shame and depravity they’ve been responsible for in their sordid history
Pics-Art-01-19-11-34-31.jpg

They used the rule another time and it was the first game they moved. Then their fans moaned that their first league game wasn’t at home. So they wanted the first two games to be at home that season.

He is rightfully getting it stinking today. Even Hartson is in the sun telling him to give it up. If he's in the dugout tomorrow and they lose then he'll be out the door for sure, if he isn't already. He even conceded the league was gone yesterday, hilarious stuff. Surely now this will be the last we'll see of him in a Scottish dugout.
I hope you are correct mate but I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to pitch up at Dens Park at some point. Nelms, Strachan etc, seems a natural fit for him, although I would pity some of the decent Dees fans who would have to suffer him if it were to become a reality.

Back