Strachan Saying that Celtic are a "Far better team" - Now With Full Article

“I believe when they play – the stats, using my eyes, everybody knows it - Celtic are a far better team.”
A far better team than what or who
It’s the narrative that’s got them so entitled, if they are so better than us and he was referring to Edouard and Griffiths up top then why could they not score against us?

He said they were a better team with “Édouard and Griffiths playing”

Better than say the Celtic team with Harper and Rogic upfront

Wring your knickers out FFS

They have dropped more points in the last 3 games than we have all season... how the f*ck is that possible?

I'm confused as I just looked at the league table and it seems to directly contradict what he's saying.

I share your confusion.

So I thought I would clear it up by going to have a look at their Europa League group compared to ours and, well it's the strangest thing, but they are rock bottom of that too with an extremely negative goal difference.

I just can't work it out. I mean everyone knows they are better, but the evidence doesn't support that. Very strange. Hopefully someone can clear this glaring anomaly up.

He said Celtic were a far better team when Édouard and Griffiths played.

He never said they were better than anyone just a better team when they played.

Do you know what I think he is right.

Why are people getting wound up ? Neic Lennon obviously has multiple log on for here,

And I’m meant to be the angry one.
Not wound up, just disbelieving.

Bigging himself up to get the job he left behind all those years ago.

Gordon, your a fucking dinosaur. Get back in your box and behave, and only come back out if your called upon you irrelevant numpty.

The stats show we are 21 points ahead. Imagine being behind by 21 points to an inferior team - the utter shame of it

Don't normally defend the wee ginger twat but that's not really what he said.
I saw the full transcript and what he actually said is that with wee eddie and the Leith bigot in the team they are a better side.
There was no mention of Rangers in the sentence.

Taken from Glasgow Live.

Gordon Strachan reckons Celtic are a better team than Rangers at full strength despite Steven Gerrard's men big lead at the top.

The Ibrox side are 21 points clear at the Premiership summit after a dominant first half of the season.

Rangers have two derby victories over their rivals on top of that and look destined to win that elusive league crown.

But former Scotland boss Strachan still believes that Celtic, on their day, are a better side than the Light Blues.

He told Football Pass: "There’s not a title race. There’s a battle to start playing football again and winning points.

“Only when you get, I would say, if Celtic could get seven or eight points from them – and that’s going to be a hard get – then you could say there’s going to be a title race.

“But at the moment it’s not a title race.
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-gives-celtic-title-19652651
“It’s up to the Celtic people to drag themselves back.

“There was an opportunity in the last couple of games. But they’ve had draws.

“They could’ve got a couple of points closer, that’s for sure.

“But, because of the circumstances, they’ve played games of football without major players.

“And you need your major players – especially up front where you’ve got four of your strikers missing, including your two top ones Edouard and Griffiths.

“I believe when they play – the stats, using my eyes, everybody knows it - Celtic are a far better team.”

Neil Lennon returned from isolation on Monday to vent his anger after Celtic were criticised for their trip to Dubai as he and 13 first team players were unavailable for ten days.

And Strachan reckons the outburst was. calculated move to get a reaction out of his players.

He added: “Just when the Celtic people thought they were having a nice easy afternoon, the boys are back training, getting ready to play Livingston on Wednesday…

“Neil, who has been locked up for 10 days isolating, has got himself in a chair and I’m sure he was ready and calculated.

“Then he gave us, he gave everybody in the football world, something to talk about again.

“Talk shows, everything, will be talking about that.

“And whether you admire it or whether you think it’s a bit clumsy or maybe not needed, it’s happened.

“What we’ve seen is there’s an anger there – which you need as a manager.

“There’s passion there – which you definitely need as a manager.

“It’s also maybe given an indication to the players ‘Are you up for the fight?’.

“Like, ‘If I’m going to take people on, you better be with me.’

“Whether he’s right or wrong, that’s not the point.

“We’ve all been there as a football manager when you think ‘This could be wrong.’

“But is it right for me to say to the players ‘Are you with me?’

“So that might’ve been a part of Neil’s defence.”

Strachan has praised Rangers' turnaround from last year and insists they deserve all the credit for their success so far.

He said: “I think Rangers have had a lot of work on their defensive side.

“Now people think defensive side is a back four, heading the ball away and blocking things. It’s not that.

"That comes when individuals have been asked to do their jobs and they’ve been good at that.

“But as a group I think their platform for good attacking football is where they defend from.

“So, I don’t think they’ve been lucky in any way – I think their run of form has been excellent.

“You’ll probably say that maybe their flair players over the course of the last couple of months have not been as prolific, shining as they have been,

“But their shape has been fantastic.

“So all credit goes to them. For all this thing about Celtic, you must give credit to Rangers who have done extremely well.

“And to take the body blows that they had last year…

“I spoke to Gary McAllister last year after this happened and I did say to him – and he knows it well – that the footballing gods make you suffer before you win something.

“And they suffered last year. They suffered as bad as what the Celtic group are going through now.

“People saying this and that about them.

“The fact they’ve done without any fans is fantastic.

“So they’ve done it all themselves. That’s a fantastic achievement.”

This and Browns comments are exactly the sort of shite we want them to be coming out with, hopefully the team have seen it

Stats wise they aren't, far from it actually.

During Celtics mini revial most of their "chances" and goals came from long range. Celtic don't play good football, they get in and around the box and just pot shot.

Think about what Celtic players would actually get into out team, I don't think their goalkeepers or defenders would.

They have good center midfielders in Christie, Turnbulll and Macgregor, but Christie is probably the only Celtic player I'd actually want. Edouard can be a decent striker but he seems a bit lazy and inconsistent.

So looking at their team I think I think I would only pick Christie ahead of Aribo, the rest I would pick our usual starting players.

They are a better team, than Ardeer Thistle...just!

Wee ginger baws angling for a new job?

The ginger is dead, long live the ginger!

They really are a thick lot.

Not going to say Celtic were not a better team than us last season but stats, league pts, European performances and my own eyes quite clearly show we are currently the far better side.

Brilliant... I hope they are every bit as good next year as they have been this year and the year after and the year after that and so on...

He doesn't even say they're a far better team than Rangers. He just says they're a better team with Edouard & Griffiths in their team than without.
This is the headline -

Celtic ‘far better team’ than Rangers despite table says Strachan​

I'm probably alone in this, but I didn't think they were the better team when we played them last; their chances were either driving into the Rangers box, and relying on individual effort, or resorting to taking a chance from outside the box- Rangers had a job to do, which was, at the very least, not to lose the game. It was very much the same as the first game, at their ground, they struggled to break Rangers down when we had kept our shape. Two games lost out of two says they are not the better side.
Fair points but we did allow them to get into some dangerous positions to get a shot in from just outside the box. Christie in particular was guilty of shooting high and wide a few times when he could have caused us some real problems we need to close them down better next time.

C'mere ya stupid wee runt!

giphy.gif
Lmao! That's brilliant. B-)

Is that right Chesney. 21 points clear and conceded a mit full of goals all season...undefeated.

And Gerrard is a better manager than you so do one ya wee khont.

This is what they do to try and sooth the pain, it's the same when they say we haven't won the title they lost it or when they say they have better players in every position.

It's absolutely pathetic

Top players missing ffs Edouard and Griffiths seriously even with them and the others that isolated is no guarantee they would win their games given their form this season!

Usual headline nonsense. What he says is very very clearly that Celtic are a better team with Griffiths and Eduoard in the side. Anyone interpreting it as him saying they're better than us is just wilfully ignoring what he actually said.

This is the kind of thread I expect to see on Kerryfail.

Honestly, Bears all over the place here making themselves look stupid.

ALL Gordon Strachan sees right now is a Rangers canter towards the Premiership crown.
It’s still only January but it’s a measure of how poor the Hoops have been throughout a calamitous campaign – a proverbial mile behind the Gers in the league, out of the Betfred Cup, out of Europe – that Strachan refuses to recognise the term ‘title race’.
Back in 2008 he sparked a sensational late Hoops comeback to secure a third successive championship – winning their last seven games, including two derbies, to pip UEFA Cup finalists Rangers who at one point had been seven points clear.

Now, though, it’s a CHASM of a gap from the Ibrox side who have a 21-point lead with 14 games left. And asked if there’s still currently a title race, Strachan told Football Pass: “No, not at the moment.“There’s not a title race. There’s a battle to start playing football again and winning points.

“Only when you get, I would say, if Celtic could get seven or eight points from them – and that’s going to be a hard get – then you could say there’s going to be a title race.“But at the moment it’s not a title race.“It’s up to the Celtic people to drag themselves back.
“There was an opportunity in the last couple of games. But they’ve had draws.“They could’ve got a couple of points closer, that’s for sure.“But, because of the circumstances, they’ve played games of football without major players.“And you need your major players – especially up front where you’ve got four of your strikers missing, including your two top ones Edouard and Griffiths
Strachan smiled wryly over Neil Lennon’s sensational outburst on Monday – blasting ex-Celtic striker and Sky Sports pundit Andy Walker and First Minister Nicola Sturgeon while also vehemently denying the trip to Dubai amid the pandemic was a mistake.
He wonders if it was all simply a tactic by Lennon to use the platform of his first public address since returning from the UAE to fire up his team.
The 63-year-old fellow red-head has had his fair share of explosive outbursts through a memorable football career.
And of Lennon’s tirade, Strachan said of his former Celts captain: “Just when the Celtic people thought they were having a nice easy afternoon, the boys are back training, getting ready to play Livingston on Wednesday…
“Neil, who has been locked up for 10 days isolating, has got himself in a chair and I’m sure he was ready and calculated.
“Then he gave us, he gave everybody in the football world, something to talk about again.
“Talk shows, everything, will be talking about that.“And whether you admire it or whether you think it’s a bit clumsy or maybe not needed, it’s happened.“What we’ve seen is there’s an anger there – which you need as a manager.“There’s passion there – which you DEFINITELY need as a manager.“It’s also maybe given an indication to the players ‘Are you up for the fight?’.“Like, ‘If I’m going to take people on, you better be with me.’“Whether he’s right or wrong, that’s not the point.
We’ve all been there as a football manager when you think ‘This could be wrong.’“But is it right for me to say to the players ‘Are you with me?’“So that might’ve been a part of Neil’s defence.”
Strachan, meanwhile, has been knocked out by Rangers this term.
Of Steven Gerrard’s champions-elect – 21 wins, three draws, 60 goals scored, seven conceded – he said: “I think Rangers have had a lot of work on their defensive side.
“Now people think defensive side is a back four, heading the ball away and blocking things. It’s not that.
“That comes when individuals have been asked to do their jobs and they’ve been good at that.
“But as a group I think their platform for good attacking football is where they defend from.
“So, I don’t think they’ve been lucky in any way – I think their run of form has been excellent.
“You’ll probably say that maybe their flair players over the course of the last couple of months have not been as prolific, shining as they have been,“But their shape has been fantastic.
“So all credit goes to them. For all this thing about Celtic, you must give credit to Rangers who have done extremely well.
“I spoke to Gary McAllister last year after this happened and I did say to him – and he knows it well – that the footballing gods make you suffer before you win something.
“And they suffered last year. They suffered as bad as what the Celtic group are going through now.“People saying this and that about them.“The fact they’ve done without any fans is fantastic.
He obviously means they are far better than their present form.

According to all these 19th Century Terrorist sympathisers the best team always wins the league.
Unless it’s Rangers

Taken from Glasgow Live.

Gordon Strachan reckons Celtic are a better team than Rangers at full strength despite Steven Gerrard's men big lead at the top.

The Ibrox side are 21 points clear at the Premiership summit after a dominant first half of the season.

Rangers have two derby victories over their rivals on top of that and look destined to win that elusive league crown.

But former Scotland boss Strachan still believes that Celtic, on their day, are a better side than the Light Blues.

He told Football Pass: "There’s not a title race. There’s a battle to start playing football again and winning points.

“Only when you get, I would say, if Celtic could get seven or eight points from them – and that’s going to be a hard get – then you could say there’s going to be a title race.

“But at the moment it’s not a title race.
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-gives-celtic-title-19652651
“It’s up to the Celtic people to drag themselves back.

“There was an opportunity in the last couple of games. But they’ve had draws.

“They could’ve got a couple of points closer, that’s for sure.

“But, because of the circumstances, they’ve played games of football without major players.

“And you need your major players – especially up front where you’ve got four of your strikers missing, including your two top ones Edouard and Griffiths.

Neil Lennon returned from isolation on Monday to vent his anger after Celtic were criticised for their trip to Dubai as he and 13 first team players were unavailable for ten days.

And Strachan reckons the outburst was. calculated move to get a reaction out of his players.

He added: “Just when the Celtic people thought they were having a nice easy afternoon, the boys are back training, getting ready to play Livingston on Wednesday…

“Talk shows, everything, will be talking about that.

“And whether you admire it or whether you think it’s a bit clumsy or maybe not needed, it’s happened.

“What we’ve seen is there’s an anger there – which you need as a manager.

“There’s passion there – which you definitely need as a manager.

“It’s also maybe given an indication to the players ‘Are you up for the fight?’.

“Like, ‘If I’m going to take people on, you better be with me.’

“Whether he’s right or wrong, that’s not the point.

“We’ve all been there as a football manager when you think ‘This could be wrong.’

“But is it right for me to say to the players ‘Are you with me?’

“So that might’ve been a part of Neil’s defence.”

Strachan has praised Rangers' turnaround from last year and insists they deserve all the credit for their success so far.

He said: “I think Rangers have had a lot of work on their defensive side.

"That comes when individuals have been asked to do their jobs and they’ve been good at that.

“You’ll probably say that maybe their flair players over the course of the last couple of months have not been as prolific, shining as they have been,

“But their shape has been fantastic.

“And they suffered last year. They suffered as bad as what the Celtic group are going through now.

“People saying this and that about them.

“The fact they’ve done without any fans is fantastic.

He doesn't say Celtic are a better team than Rangers.

Back