Another COVID FC Player Tests Positive For COVID-19

I suppose there's a chance it isn't true but that's the word on the street.

Ntcham tested positive and Édouard lives with him so they both have to isolate.
If this is the case then they have not kept to the self isolation rules, in other words they have been in close contact during their isolation period.
That is bad, very bad for them, the absolute minimum for that must be the 7 games that our two got.

If this is the case then they have not kept to the self isolation rules, in other words they have been in close contact during their isolation period.
That is bad, very bad for them, the absolute minimum for that must be the 7 games that our two got.

They live together obviously they'll be in close contact.

Strange one this. If one member of a household has to isolate then I think they are supposed to confine to their room, not sleep with their partner, use different toilet facilities, different eating utensils, not share towels etc etc.

I’ve no idea how that applies here.

It's not always possible to do that though really.

If a player tests positive whoever they live with will have to isolate.

It's not always possible to do that though really.

If a player tests positive whoever they live with will have to isolate.
Yes, I’d agree that following a positive test both would have to isolate.

The grey area is whether they can be held to account for not isolating from each other when in the same household. If only 1 was isolating then they’d need/be required to isolate from each other. Not sure the situation when both are isolating. Are they required to isolate from each other? No idea. If they are - no matter how difficult - but haven’t, then they are in breach. I think.

Yes, I’d agree that following a positive test both would have to isolate.

The grey area is whether they can be held to account for not isolating from each other when in the same household. If only 1 was isolating then they’d need/be required to isolate from each other. Not sure the situation when both are isolating. Are they required to isolate from each other? No idea. If they are - no matter how difficult - but haven’t, then they are in breach. I think.

No chance that's a rule :))

Definitely not one that could be enforced.

They've not done anything wrong here, other than being Tim's.

Strange one this. If one member of a household has to isolate then I think they are supposed to confine to their room, not sleep with their partner, use different toilet facilities, different eating utensils, not share towels etc etc.

I’ve no idea how that applies here.

You are correct, but everyone in the household of a covid positive individual has to isolate regardless of whether they stay apart.

They are deemed as close contacts regardless, as the positive one could have passed to others before testing positive or showing symptoms.

No chance that's a rule :))

Definitely not one that could be enforced.

They've not done anything wrong here, other than being Tim's.
No idea if it’s a rule or not. What I do know is that the Coronavirus guidelines stipulate that if my wife has to isolate she’s supposed to move into a different room, use different crockery/utensils, ideally separate ablutions and so on.

That’s what I’m thinking
If one is positive and isolating before found positive as may be the case here and they are sticking to the rules the other might be ok to not isolate further. It depends how they have been living I guess. That will be for test trace and protect service to decide, so edouard might have to do another 10 days - not that that would bother him.

No idea if it’s a rule or not. What I do know is that the Coronavirus guidelines stipulate that if my wife has to isolate she’s supposed to move into a different room, use different crockery/utensils, ideally separate ablutions and so on.

Yeah it's guidelines mate but it's really not going to happen unless she's positive, then yeah you'd make more effort to do that.

But if she's isolating after being a close contact to someone else then it's not.

You are correct, but everyone in the household of a covid positive individual has to isolate regardless of whether they stay apart.

They are deemed as close contacts regardless, as the positive one could have passed to others before testing positive or showing symptoms.
I know that. That’s not what we are debating. It’s whether 1 or both of them could be accused of failing to isolate properly PRIOR to one of them testing positive.

I have no idea - just musing.

Yeah it's guidelines mate but it's really not going to happen unless she's positive, then yeah you'd make more effort to do that.

But if she's isolating after being a close contact to someone else then it's not.
I think it highly unlikely that any action will be taken. I’m just musing in the hope they get clobbered.:)

If they share a home and one has now tested positive then the other should self-isolate for the 10 days though:

Everyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will be put in touch with the local contact tracing team so that other close contacts can be identified. These close contacts will also be asked to self-isolate for 10 days from symptom onset in the symptomatic person.

Last edited:
Both of us are isolating just now and she's sitting right next to me, so maybe I'm breaking the rules. I doubt it though since we are isolating for the same reason.

And when she came out of isolation would she go full bat sh*t crazy and go off on a complete unhinged rant for half an hour? :)

Both of us are isolating just now and she's sitting right next to me, so maybe I'm breaking the rules. I doubt it though since we are isolating for the same reason.
I think the scenario envisaged was, for example, you being in close contact to a workmate. You would need to isolate but your Mrs wouldn’t - unless you displayed symptoms or tested positive.

We digress. This is Lounge territory.:)

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with what you told the wife to get two weeks peace?

Back