Scott Brown: Celtic still a 'fantastic team' who can win 10th straight title

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t read the article. Did he say anything about why the team have played so much better since he was dropped in early December?

He was never going to say otherwise. That draw ww had with Motherwell should fingers crossed give us a wee pause for reflection on what level of performance for 90 mins is needed in each game.

Probably just saying that because of the bad optics of a Celtic captain conceding in January but aye, we'd have to monumentally bottle it for them to genuinely believe 10IAR is back on. For an insanely average player he hasn't half been spoiled with titles and trophies; largely as a result of our downfall. They were wanting him gone during our 3IAR stint under Walter I'm sure.

I genuinely can’t get my head around the fact that someone as limited as Brown has as many medals as he does. It’s a damning statistic that shows the state of Scottish football and the complete lack of competition as a result of our orchestrated demise.

To be fair, Brown has at least had more brains in the way he responded than his manager did yesterday (low bar though that is). If the roles were reversed I would have expected out captain to say we were still fighting for the league etc.

Brown and Lennon do have lots in common when you look at them they both they don't look the full shilling, and both back it up regularly with facial,verbal,and body language.

Brown is one of the most despicable ever to play in the Scottish game, he obviously learned from his manager. He treats his fellow pros with utter disrespect, and doesn’t have one redeeming feature, like his manager he got lucky being there when our demise was orchestrated.

“The 35-year-old "can't put his finger on" why there has been such a big drop-off in standards at Celtic this season”

General shyteness under the first bit of pressure in 10 seasons. Not that difficult is it?

Celtic are still a "fantastic team" and have not given up on winning a 10th successive Scottish Premiership title, captain Scott Brown says.

The skipper was among 13 players who had to isolate following Christopher Jullien's positive Covid-19 test after the club's Dubai training camp.
Depleted Celtic - also without manager Neil Lennon - drew both matches in the players' absence and trail Rangers by 21 points with three games in hand.

"We always have the faith," Brown said.

"We've always got that positivity. We know that we can keep winning games and that's what we have to do to put pressure on our rivals.

"Yeah, I don't see why not [winning the league is still achievable]. We believe that it is, but we need to make sure we win every single game now."

Lennon, Brown and the other isolating players - except one who has also tested positive - return for Wednesday's match away to Livingston as Celtic seek a first win in four outings.

"Isolation was hard, seeing the lads playing and not everyone being able to help them out," said Brown, who sidestepped questions about the club's protocols in Dubai.

The 35-year-old "can't put his finger on" why there has been such a big drop-off in standards at Celtic this season.

As well as their title deficit, Neil Lennon's men have been knocked out of Europe twice and eliminated from the Scottish League Cup, although they did complete last season's quadruple treble with victory in the rescheduled Scottish Cup final.

"We're still there, we're still trying," Brown said. "We still believe we're a fantastic team, but we just need to make sure we keep showing it in games."

Brown has lost his place in midfield to Ivorian Ismaila Soro, who has started six of the last seven games, and the skipper added: "It is fine. Soro has done fantastic and he is a great lad.

"I have played 60 games for the last 14/15 seasons. For me, it is about trying to help Soro out as much as I can because he is still young. I am here for the gaffer whenever he needs me."
He hasn’t played 60 games once in his career and in that period has only played more than 50, 4 or 5 times.

A rough estimate would suggest he averaged around 40 odd games in that period. Nothing unusual for a modern footballer really

Oft repeated, but for the first 5 years (at least) of his career at the "Dome" their fans couldn't stand him & couldn't wait to get rid of him, seeing him as a complete waste of money. His ability simply doesn't match his medal haul.

As regards the rest of the season, if they take him, Duffy & Barkas out of the team for starters & motive Eduard for seconds, they simply won't lose many games for the rest of the season - if any at all IMO - and I mean it.

It is therefore vital that we don't ease up and give them the slightest hint of a door opening, and why it was so annoying dropping 2 points on Sunday.

We need to rediscover some of our sparkle on Saturday, get some goals again and get a convincing 3 points

Celtic are still a "fantastic team" and have not given up on winning a 10th successive Scottish Premiership title, captain Scott Brown says.

The skipper was among 13 players who had to isolate following Christopher Jullien's positive Covid-19 test after the club's Dubai training camp.
Depleted Celtic - also without manager Neil Lennon - drew both matches in the players' absence and trail Rangers by 21 points with three games in hand.

"We've always got that positivity. We know that we can keep winning games and that's what we have to do to put pressure on our rivals.

"Yeah, I don't see why not [winning the league is still achievable]. We believe that it is, but we need to make sure we win every single game now."

Lennon, Brown and the other isolating players - except one who has also tested positive - return for Wednesday's match away to Livingston as Celtic seek a first win in four outings.

"Isolation was hard, seeing the lads playing and not everyone being able to help them out," said Brown, who sidestepped questions about the club's protocols in Dubai.

The 35-year-old "can't put his finger on" why there has been such a big drop-off in standards at Celtic this season.

As well as their title deficit, Neil Lennon's men have been knocked out of Europe twice and eliminated from the Scottish League Cup, although they did complete last season's quadruple treble with victory in the rescheduled Scottish Cup final.

"We're still there, we're still trying," Brown said. "We still believe we're a fantastic team, but we just need to make sure we keep showing it in games."

Brown has lost his place in midfield to Ivorian Ismaila Soro, who has started six of the last seven games, and the skipper added: "It is fine. Soro has done fantastic and he is a great lad.

"I have played 60 games for the last 14/15 seasons. For me, it is about trying to help Soro out as much as I can because he is still young. I am here for the gaffer whenever he needs me."
REUFL0x.gif

Not a difficult question and the answer is Because Rangers have been excellent......just can’t bring himself to say it.

Same as his manager yesterday, a thick ugly mentally challenged bastard that can't see how shite his team really are , out of Europe twice,out of the league cup and well fucked in the league, more than just lager that fucking moron's been on

Evostik shop on speed dial ya rocket.

Brown is one of the most despicable ever to play in the Scottish game, he obviously learned from his manager. He treats his fellow pros with utter disrespect, and doesn’t have one redeeming feature, like his manager he got lucky being there when our demise was orchestrated.
Future septic manager

It was a total riddy seeing him come on at Ibrox on the 2nd, basically to get morelos sent off and act the tough guy.
They talk about captain being the epitome of the football club and it culture. Never a truer word said in this case.

Instead of laughing at him heres hoping our players ram those words right back down his throat

He's a complete joke of a player

How embarrassing that's your captain and a mutant like Lennon is your manager.

Lol!

I’m not sure why Brown winds so many of us up. It’s obvious he is just playing to the gallery, he has to come out with that shite to keep them on board.

Even Scott Brown knows his team have fecked it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back