Most famous celebrity you have met at a football game?

BF_Loyalist

Met Danny Dyer outside Ibrox when he was doing a documentary on the firms up here in Scotland

who would be the most famous celebrity you have met while at a match, either at Ibrox or another ground?

2 of the guys from Wet Wet Wet were sitting behind me one night at Hampden.

Not Marti Pellow and not the drummer. The other 2.

It was Rangers v Aberdeen, maybe a league cup semi final? Late 90’s probably. I’m sure we got beat.

2005 League Cup Final v Motherwell, got tickets for the wee bit above the North Stand (which I hadn’t even known was there) and the real Davie Provan was sitting in front of us.
Not at the actual game but walking to the stadium in Manchester I thought the two guys in front of us were familiar, it was Alex Rae and Alan Smith.

Leslie Grantham at the Loverkrands Cup Final
Andy Fordham in The Clachan
Arthur Thompson

Kirsty Wark was in the Clachan Bar before/after a Kilmarnock game that's about my whack of seeing anybody remotely famous at or going to the football, boring I know

Robert Carlyle in the Hampden corporate hospitality lounge at the Lovenkrands cup final.

Andy Cameron in Stretford end hospitality lounge after CL game against Man Utd.

Don’t really want to admit this, but when I was 11 my Dad took my older brother and I to the Scotland v Argentina game at Hampden. Scotland won 1-0 (Stewart McKimmie)

Sat right behind me was Rod Fucking Stewart. My Dad wasn’t best pleased when he realised that he was right behind us and he totally blanked him. I remember he put his hands on my shoulders during the celebration of the goal. At the time I never thought anything of it but looking back now I feel degraded. I should have swapped seats with my brother.

2 of the guys from Wet Wet Wet were sitting behind me one night at Hampden.

Not Marti Pellow and not the drummer. The other 2.

It was Rangers v Aberdeen, maybe a league cup semi final? Late 90’s probably. I’m sure we got beat.

Graeme Clark is a massive bear

Grado, 4-0 semi defeat nothing spectacular

oh Scott Allan and Cummings were behind me at the 2015 league cup semi final which McDowell took charge of I’m sure

Not a celeb but big Davie Syme was sitting directly behind me in the Amsterdam Arena when we played there in 97 (I think that was the year)never met a celeb at a football match

Sat next to Tiger Shaw at the 93 cup semi against Kilmarnock.
Kevin Drinkell was sat two up from Tiger but never really spoke to him.

If the pub counts, then Sean Connery.

He was in the Kearny Scots Americans club for a Rangers game, but as I recall he wasn't really watching the match and had come to see his mate who was in the Hibs Famous Five team and worked there. Can't remember his name as I was only about 4 or 5 at the time.

Mentioned recently that I sat in the next seat but one to Robert Duval, it was only at ht when I saw his face on the big screens that I realised he must be a VIP, I had no idea who he was, just an American talking incessantly throughout the game.
It was in the lead up to them filming 'A Shot at Glory', he was trying to understand the intracsies of Scottish Football, hence all the questions.

Andy Goram stopped me on Edmiston Drive when I was a wee guy and gave me a ticket for Rangers v Southampton??

I was way off, it wasn't Southampton, it was Sheffield Wednesday

When I got to my seat I had Walter directly in front of me, closest I had ever been to him and was a wee bit star struck :cool:

Last edited:
Nicolas Sarkozy at Man City v Monaco, the 5-3 game.

Also, met Tubes from Soccer AM in the Kona Kai bar across from Stamford Bridge at Chelsea v Villa few years ago.

Back