15 wins in a row, today had to happen eventually

With the Tims dropping points yesterday it would have been nice to take advantage and extend our lead.

I'm pretty chilled about the draw too. No harm done and we're still undefeated.

Slightly disappointed that we couldn’t capitalise today after they dropped points yesterday, but we’ve lost no ground so ultimately no harm done.

As long as we match their results, well be fine :)

We’ve dropped 6 points all season, it’s impossible be at our free flowing best for 60 odd games too.

On another day Goldson’s header goes in, or Defoe’s strike takes a nick & flies into the corner.

I’ve no concerns about today at all, folk getting worked up need to chill out a bit & have a look at our position in the league

However, I’m not excusing some of the awful performances today. Merely saying it’s not going to be an issue in the long run.

I also think that’s far too many games over the past 6 weeks we’ve been “ok” at best, but like I said if you can win without breaking sweat then do it.
Nice to be rotten but still pick up the majority of points. We need to get over this little injury blip. Once we have a full squad apart from Arfield it will sharpen performances up. No need to panic bears. Just look at the table.

What I’m annoyed about is that for nearly all the first half we didn’t try to push it. Utterly passive and I think it stems from our mid block which allows their backline to move unchallenged into our half and play too much of the game there. We corrected it in the second half or maybe they just sat in to defend their lead. SG also unhappy about ‘starting too late ‘.

A draw was a fair result considering how we started.

I think i'd rather just keep playing twice a week tho if this is the performance from a apparent rest period.

Massive game next Saturday at home to County as that mob don't play need to make the most of it and win.

Just proves how vital the win against the poets the other week was. Lose that and drop points today we wouldn’t feel as comfortable.

As OP said it was inevitable we would drop points at some point I’m just firstly we are still undefeated and secondly it was on the same weekend 2nd place did so they don’t get a confidence boost from this.

Onwards and upwards looking forward to County next week.

As above. Thought I should put this up before the iminent uncalled for FF meltdown:))

Today was just one of those days. Absolutely nothing to worry about and we were eventually going to drop points.

Exactly. We are in a STRONGER position now that we were in on Friday night. No need to panic. No ground lost.

We have had a lot of away fixtures in the past few weeks. As a whole we’ve navigated them well.

7-3-4 would give us 90 points from here.

We have 8 home 6 away remaining.

The absolute max Celtic could get by beating us twice 17-0-0 is 96 points. Thats off 8 home 9 away.

We are so close. Just like waiting for Christmas as a kid now.

Love to see us blitz the next 4 and then we could effectively finish with a 2007/08 collapse and still win with our last 10 record from that year.

Every week we see out giving them nothing gained makes it more impossible as the weeks pass.

Out of curiosity i had a look at our results from 2009/10 season quite surprised we drew nine games and lost 3. When you think about it we are doing alright.

Nothing gained nothing lost
In a way it is a gain as we are one week closer. Being so far ahead the weeks count as much as the points. From the tims point of view thats another week with nothing gained, another week down when there arent many to go to shorten the gap. If we equal eachother for like 10 more weeks we win the league:D

In a way it is a gain as we are one week closer. Being so far ahead the weeks count as much as the points. From the tims point of view thats another week with nothing gained, another week down when there arent many to go to shorten the gap. If we equal eachother for like 10 more weeks we win the league:D
I’m glad someone else is on the same wavelength as me!

Where's the meltdown?
You are the meltdown mate:))

Babbling a load of p!sh all day about how its terrible that today happened and motherwell bottom of the league etc etc etc. Trolling every positive comment you can find:))

Personally I cant find a single thing to be negative about when my team are 21 points clear.

15 wins in a row, it was getting a bit unbelievable. We hadn't played that well lately. A reality check today. We start on another winning run at the weekend against Ross County.

January was always going to be a tough month to get through unscathed ... I thought it might have come at Easter Road but hopefully we can win our next 2

10 out of 12 in a tough month would be excellent ... especially when the Tims look like dropping points whenever they take to the field

Always happens when you play a team bottom of the league and a new manager. Almost as if they need the points more than us. I don’t think we were “god awful” as some panty wetters are saying. That mob never got out their own half in the second half. We’re missing 3/4 of our first picks at the moment. A draw was bound to happen at some point. We’re still winning this league.
So your a panty wetter if you are annoyed that we played pedestrian pace football against the worse team in the league and allowed them to take the lead through our own lethargy?

I wasn't so much annoyed we dropped points. I was disappointed in the level of performance.

Not too concerned by the result today. Shit happens. I was far more bothered by the performance, but I suppose the team has earned the odd off day. I just hope it doesnt continue

Not against the bottom team in the league it didn't
Motherwells league position is sort of false.
they were just shy of the top 6 when they got those decisions reversed, points I think they’ll get back.

they’re definitely not the worst team in the league by any means. They’ll probably turn Aberdeen over again next week

As above. Thought I should put this up before the iminent uncalled for FF meltdown:))

Today was just one of those days. Absolutely nothing to worry about and we were eventually going to drop points.

I have been sort of expecting it for weeks now. I know it doesn’t work that way, the sense that “that’s it out the road so we can now start winning for ages again!” but hopefully it motivates the players to continue to keep their performance levels as high as they can be in the coming games.

Today for me we used our one free hit this season, that weekend every year both us and them drop points. Didn’t impact us negatively in terms of missed opportunity to close a gap on them like previous seasons gone however I still would’ve liked an extra cushion at the top.

We reset and go on another winning streak, we know now the team have it in them.

If we drop points next weekend or even week after at Hibs then I’ll get concerned.

Today isn’t an issue if the players take it on the chin, up their game and win our next couple of tough matches.

If we were to drop points at Hibs then the alarm bells might start to ring.

This league is far from over, a good few posters on here seem to have forgotten what it takes to get over that line. There’s going to be plenty more days like today but this team has got to finally show they’ve got the resolve and the ability to win the league.

JS77150117-1.jpg

Couple of points here. Today’s performance was not a one off, we’ve been struggling and grinding out wins for a while with woeful finishing and even defensive mistakes starting to creep into our game.
Also, if Covid causes the Gov to stop all football then the further we are in front of bheast fc the more chance we have of the title being awarded to us like what happened last year, instead of it being declared null and void.
It doesn't matter how many points we are ahead, it goes to a points per game ratio like last year.
Null and void can't and won't happen.

Champions respond to dropped points. Let's see how we respond on Saturday, which won't be the walk in the park some will be thinking or predicting.

So your a panty wetter if you are annoyed that we played pedestrian pace football against the worse team in the league and allowed them to take the lead through our own lethargy?

I wasn't so much annoyed we dropped points. I was disappointed in the level of performance.
Are we not unbeaten in the league and 20 odd points ahead? Fkn get real :rolleyes:

January was always going to be a tough month to get through unscathed ... I thought it might have come at Easter Road but hopefully we can win our next 2

10 out of 12 in a tough month would be excellent ... especially when the Tims look like dropping points whenever they take to the field
Yeah the only thing about yesterday's draw means there is a bit more pressure going to Easter Rd (assuming we win on Saturday). If we do win the next 2, and I assume everyone would have been happy with 7 points from 9 out of the 3 tough away games in January, then we are pretty much home and dry

It's a very, very poor result. No need for too much hand-wringing PROVIDED the players use it as motivation to up their performance levels and get back on track. We've been poor for a few weeks now but have been grinding out the results until now. That's what champions do, but equally what champions do is have short periods where they are off form, not long periods.

No panic, we have a big lead and the filth dropped points as well so our lead is still the same as it was. But we do need to get back to the form we showed earlier in the season, sooner rather than later.

We are in a great position but it’s very important we don’t drop anymore points this month. Can’t give Celtic a sniff at thinking the league is back on

It's a very, very poor result. No need for too much hand-wringing PROVIDED the players use it as motivation to up their performance levels and get back on track. We've been poor for a few weeks now but have been grinding out the results until now. That's what champions do, but equally what champions do is have short periods where they are off form, not long periods.

No panic, we have a big lead and the filth dropped points as well so our lead is still the same as it was. But we do need to get back to the form we showed earlier in the season, sooner rather than later.
Nope.

We are in a great position but it’s very important we don’t drop anymore points this month. Can’t give Celtic a sniff at thinking the league is back on

To be honest I think it's very likely we'll be going into the next match against them with our lead reduced by a couple of points.

People are mental with this "it's over" chat.

Looking at the fixtures we have tims, Hibs and Livingston all away before the split.
For me, there's potential there for a few points to go out the window.

They have Livingston and Kilmarnock away that could be tricky.

Would not surprise me at all if we go into the next game against them on March 20th with a 9 or 10 point lead.

Which is actually a brilliant position to be in when you think about it but it does give them an opportunity.

Yesterday was a weird one. It's a very rare occasion where we'll drop points and it's "as you were".

We went in to the tims game on the second 7 points clear and 3 matchdays later we are 12 points clear. Yet, we have shown yesterday that we can and WILL drop points.

At the same time I just can't see them managing to win 17 out of 17 and we're at the stage of the season now where anything they drop is an absolutely huge boost to us.

We'll be winning the league with 3 games to go in my opinion. Possibly 4 to at best.

I doubt it will be over before the split which means they will still be hanging in there to some extent. Beating them in either OF game will be the blow that finally finishes them off.

blue tinted specs and high expectations which sometimes are unrealistic make our fanbase fickle at times especially when going behind or the team not putting in 100% for 90 minutes every single week.
always been this way.

To be honest I think it's very likely we'll be going into the next match against them with our lead reduced by a couple of points.

People are mental with this "it's over" chat.

Looking at the fixtures we have tims, Hibs and Livingston all away before the split.
For me, there's potential there for a few points to go out the window.

They have Livingston and Kilmarnock away that could be tricky.

Would not surprise me at all if we go into the next game against them on March 20th with a 9 or 10 point lead.

Which is actually a brilliant position to be in when you think about it but it does give them an opportunity.

Yesterday was a weird one. It's a very rare occasion where we'll drop points and it's "as you were".

We went in to the tims game on the second 7 points clear and 3 matchdays later we are 12 points clear. Yet, we have shown yesterday that we can and WILL drop points.

At the same time I just can't see them managing to win 17 out of 17 and we're at the stage of the season now where anything they drop is an absolutely huge boost to us.

We'll be winning the league with 3 games to go in my opinion. Possibly 4 to at best.

I doubt it will be over before the split which means they will still be hanging in there to some extent. Beating them in either OF game will be the blow that finally finishes them off.
The ones saying its over are the same ones saying it wasnt over when it got awarded to them last season. Yes, it was different circumstances and a bigger gap, but was a much shorter period of time for us to be able to recover. It was all ifs and buts from us, if we win this, if they lose that, if we beat them, if we win a game in hand etc etc. The bottom line is these ifs and buts still exist but this time from a tim point of view. For as long as there is these ifs and buts, nothing is over.

So i agree with you mate.

I fully expected us to drop points at some point so yesterdays result isnt my issue its more how we start the games. Outwith aberdeen quite a few games lately we havent started with a tempo and work rate to get in the other teams faces. Letting teams and motherwell play out from the back yesterday without a press in the first half is what i dont get as they aint good enought to do it. Feel we miss jack and arfield in that regard to pressing hopefully they can both be back playing within the next month. I thought a draw in one of the away games this month would happen just didnt expect it to be motherwell but its done and we move on start another winning run.

First off I’ve always been behind Gerrard even when there was a lot of ridiculous negativity last season. I always knew this wasn’t a quick fix and what he’s done in 2 and a half seasons is incredible when you think back some of the games in 2017.

The worry I would have is that we’ve looked capable of dropping points the last few games (with the exception of St Mirren away and St Johnston at home) but we haven’t until yesterday. Think we need to rest some of the midfield when Jack comes back in and possibly use Zungu. Ross County at home next is a chance for a convincing win.

I just fear complacently as a lot of people are claiming the league already won. I agree that Rangers would have to completely collapse in order to throw the lead away.

In Celtic’s “invincible” season they had 4 draws out of 38 so we can only afford 1 more slip up to match that.

However a 15 match winning streak is incredible and had to come to an end eventually.

"Today had to happen eventually".

I don't subscribe to that and hopefully our management team and players don't. Not being "look at me, look at me" or anything but we should have won that game today and we would have, imo, had we turned up for more than 45 mins.

blue tinted specs and high expectations which sometimes are unrealistic make our fanbase fickle at times especially when going behind or the team not putting in 100% for 90 minutes every single week.
always been this way.
Have to agree expectations are very high we have set a really good season start to live up to. We should acknowledge the GA had Motherwell set up very well both defensively and offensively. They could have easily come and park the bus. whilst there was an element of that in protecting the lead but I do think they came with a game plan to play football.

For me, the game again pointed out one of the deficiencies in the current Rangers team which is the lack of having someone who can shoot from distance. More often than not we find ourselves in a frustrating 'park-the-bus' situation, and all too often it seems we try to walk the ball into the net, whereas having someone who can shoot accurately and powerfully from outside the box would provide another important option in games like Motherwell.

The OP said there was going to be a meltdown. It never really happens does it?

What you get is punters going tonto on adrenile during and after a game of football.

What worries me is the OP's over confidence, in my opinion. Nothing is over.

When Subo's singing the Sash, we'll have a party.

You and me both.

In my opinion everything's done.

This is not the Celtic of two or three years ago. Tierneys away and Thumbs a mess Brown is well over the hill. McGregor, Christie and all the French guys want to be elsewhere and their manager will change this week.

I reckon we could lose 6 games and still win the league.

Championi

Frustrated the way we started the game. Didn't turn up at all.

Glad Gerrard said the players got a bit of a rocket at half time. Our players can't afford to get complacent (even if the fans are!).

Still, we had enough chances to win that game.

Itten deserves more game time, Kent deserves less.

Teams have sussed out that we are weak at the low cross into the box, we need to work on this.
When Roofe comes back we will have a wide player who is real goal threat, this will help.
Onto Ross County, they made it hard for us in the previous fixture but I think we will raise our game and win by a couple at least.

Teams have sussed out that we are weak at the low cross into the box, we need to work on this.
When Roofe comes back we will have a wide player who is real goal threat, this will help.
Onto Ross County, they made it hard for us in the previous fixture but I think we will raise our game and win by a couple at least.

I feel like Helander is better than Balogun at reading situations like this.

Back