Most famous celebrity you have met at a football game?

Met Viola Davis in a restaurant/bar in Seville she was staring in the film with Tom cruise,we had a good chat with her and her man, she's went on to be very successful

Sat next to Alex Rae and his dad at the semi final against them, where we won on penalties.
Also sat next to actor from River City (that famous that I don’t know his name) was pleased to see that he was proudly wearing our scarf.

One of my mates worked for Sony at the time and thought he had worked a few tickets for us in the Presidential box for that game.... then Tom Cruise decides he wants to see the Queen’s Eleven and we were bumped into some hospitality on the other side of the ground!

Actually, we bumped into John Brown and Mark Hateley in the stand just before kickoff as well.

John Peel at Fir Park 1980s. Rangers not playing - think it was a pre-season friendly against Leeds they were playing.

Andy Fordham - row behind me in the Broomloan.
Ricky Warwick, (lead singer of the Almighty/Black Star Riders) - sat next to me in the Broomloan.
Walter Smith - stood just along from us at the Linlithgow Rose ground at a pre season warm up game. Got his autograph.

All very pleasant bears and down to earth.

89 a euro night met jock wallace.
Shell suit bob, one the plays alex
Other sxottish actor dont know his name at monocco game at Ibrox

I used to sit in the directors box at Cardiff and met a few celebs.

Two stand out for me. First one Joe Calzaghe. We went to go to our usual seats, fashionably late after a pre-match pint. When we get there, there are 4 people sitting in our seats - Robbie Regan, Steve Robinson, Nicky Piper and Joe Calzaghe. 3 World champions and an Intercontinental champion. Joe Calzaghe is sitting in my seat so I ask him to move. He’s arguing that his ticket says the seat he’s in. I retort that I sit in this seat every week. Anyway, I point out the error on his ticket row number and tell him that if he doesn’t move I’ll knock him out. The other 3 were in stitches of laughter and, mercifully, Joe took it the right way - and moved to the row behind lol. Phew.

Another one was in the same seats for a game against Leeds and the Stereophonics were sat in the row in front of us - Kelly Jones being a dirty Leeds fan. Cardiff score and my mate let’s out a cheer. With that, he accidentally spits out his chewing gum - which lands in Stuart Cables hair. If you remember Stuart Cable, he was the drummer with the mad curly hair. My mate tries to covertly retrieve said chewing gum but only succeeds in getting it more tangled. Kelly Jones notices and ends up in fits of laughter. Cable had the chewing gum cut out at half time and saw the funny side - and we all ended up in the bar after the game drinking beer bought by Kelly Jones, fair play to him.

Met loads of celebs tbh but not all at football - nicest being Tina Turner who I sat next to on Centre Court at Wimbledon.

Maddest - Don King.

Wullie Henderson, absolute gentleman. Arthur Newman a few times, always has time for fans.

Don’t really want to admit this, but when I was 11 my Dad took my older brother and I to the Scotland v Argentina game at Hampden. Scotland won 1-0 (Stewart McKimmie)

Sat right behind me was Rod Fucking Stewart. My Dad wasn’t best pleased when he realised that he was right behind us and he totally blanked him. I remember he put his hands on my shoulders during the celebration of the goal. At the time I never thought anything of it but looking back now I feel degraded. I should have swapped seats with my brother.
Was he not a Rangers fan at that point?

Eccentric Beardy Chelsea ex-Chairman Ken Bates, after we played Chelsea in a friendly at Ibrox on 14/02/1986..

Is Carlyle one of us or one of them?
Very definitely us. Which reminds me I sat next to Mark Warburton on a late afternoon flight up from Heathrow to Glasgow the day Sam Allerdyce resigned from the England manager’s job. Anyway chatting to Warburton he told me he was in a supermarket near his flat in the West End of Glasgow when he bumped into Robert Carlyle who was in the shop with his kids. Carlyle wanted photos of him and his kids with Warburton. Warburton told me he said to Carlyle, ‘hang on I’m the one who should be star struck meeting a famous film star not the other way about’. Warburton said Carlyle was most definitely a Bear and I said I’d met him once too, at Hampden.

I got hospitality for a game against Dundee in 2002 through an auntie who worked for one of the sponsors. Was in the Blue Room at half time and met David Sneddon who won Fame Academy (the first of all these pop idol/X-Factor type shows) that year. Couldn’t have cared less but got his autograph for my sister who was delighted!

Sat next to Numan on way to Parkhead in the St Tams bus out of Larkhall.

Hates them does oor Arthur!
I used to work with Patesy RIP who ran the St Tam's buses for years would sort me out with tickets no problem circa 1987/88. I a few years ago worked as a private hire driver and got a job to pick up Artur at Edinburgh airport £35 fare £15 tip and the pleasure of having a Rangers great in my car.

I was refereeing an under 12's game one Saturday morning in Bothwell and noticed a guy at the side of the pitch new the face just couldn't think of his name so at half time asked one the coaches who that guy was? Said it was Lubo Moravic his boy was playing for the home team . Another time can't remember the venue but John SuperSU McDonald was a coach with another boys club gave me grief for not giving his team a penalty I just told him that was a dive to be proud of I had watched him do that when I was a boy he just smiled and walked away.

Sat next to Jimmy White in the main stand at fir park late 80s /early 90s.He was playing at a snooker tournament in the civic centre. Still got the programme somewhere with his autograph on it

Edgar Davids in San Siro, Milan
Pierluigi Collina in Millennium, Cardiff
Noel Gallagher in Estadio de luz, Lisbon
Deco in Estadio de luz, Lisbon
David Morrissey in Olympic Stadium, Kiev
Steven Gerrard in Olympic Stadium, Kiev
Jamie Carragher in Metropolitano, Madrid
Hasan Salihamdzic in Wembley
Roy Hodgson in Wembley

Sat next to big Amoruso a good few years back in the main stand. We were playing Hibs I think. An absolute gent, time for everyone and got the crowd going around him.

Also sat next to Cannigia and a pile of kids watching us when he was still at Dundee, which I thought was strange, but became clear soon after. I suppose he would be more famous than Amoruso.

We often mention greats like Gascoigne, Laudrup and De Boer on here as world stars who played for us and tend to forget Cannigia. I thought he always gave his all for us.

Ally McCoist during his drink ban at a Rangers home game, Davie MacPherson at a Rangers home game, Nacho Novo at an away ground, and Nicky Campbell at Brazil v Scotland in Turin.

Stuart Adamson at a Clyde v Brechin game. I was in hospitality, he was drunk and trying to blag his way in. Wearing a Dunfermline club tie, claiming he didnt have to pay for a ticket to get in because he was representing them.

Watched him argue with the doorman, then watched him get led outside and told to piss off because he wasnt getting in.

Saw Pope John Paul II at a Stockport v Hartlepool match back in the late '70's.

I was steaming and singing "Two popes gone but the Queen lives on, doodah, doodah...' and he came over to me and bashed me on the heid with his pointy bunnet, saying 'oi, mate, no need for that!'

He had a point I suppose, and after the match we went for a few pints together followed by a fish supper. I just had chips with mine, but he had mushy peas. Depraved behaviour, but what else would you expect from a pape?

Back