Brendan Rodgers

When the look back at how they lost their 10 hopes....losing him will haunt them even more! Nice!!!

A very good manager, never did take to him as a person but I wouldn't say that I hated him. Certainly not after he did a midnight flit from the sty. He clearly didn't have much time for them, that job was just a means to an end-it was hilarious how he left them.

He’s undoubtedly a very good manager, the filth must genuinely be sick when they look at the jakey, drunken ned they have in the dugout now.

Rodgers is still a squinty mouthed hand pump though.

He’s a tremendous coach who can take players to much higher performance levels.

They enjoyed him there but they never truly appreciated what they had.

Too busy shouting Sevco and tugging themselves furiously like a little chimp over invented financial blogs.

Never mind, they got what they deserved in the end.

And what do they need now? A professional manager and what have they got, a shaved chimp!

Sevconians, getting what they deserve!

Yet Rodgers said him less than a month he doesn't think they are full article yet, even he said he might need another year.

They are prone to pick up some poor results from time to time.

As are the rest of the teams around Leicester.
And when have you ever heard a manager say this is it, we are ready for it?

They detest him for “leaving in the middle of the night” but he was offered the job and I think was told take it now or we move on to somebody else. Of course he was going to take it.

I do love the mental image of him slinging underwear and toothbrush in a nightbag and gtf at 3am though. B-)

He's a good manager however he knew he had to get out of dodge as he could see the tide was slowing turning

He only went to the poets because he knew (oo er) that he had no real opposition , as soon as Rangers brought in SG , he knew what was coming and f*cked off. He wont get a bigger club than where he is.
He's a 19th Century Terrorist C*nt & a Shitebag.
Agree in part.

When he left Liverpool he didn't want to take any old shite for fear of his stock dropping, but instead of sitting on his arse waiting on the sidelines consigned to the scrap heap with the likes of Alan Pardew, he saw the poets as a perfect opportunity to go and win trophies and come out of it on the other side with a domestic record that backed up his credentials. You can't fault him for that

The Leicester job came at the right time for him. I dont think he "shat it" and ran, it did however look like he was growing bored of life at the poets and when a recent premier league winning side come knocking then he was always going to take it.

He is revolting but he is an excellent coach and knows what he is doing. Shite bag? Not for me. Self driven and played the poets for fools - he absolutely fuckin used them to get what he wanted instead of sitting waiting for a call to come in from a relegation threatened west ham for example.

Scum tho.

As are the rest of the teams around Leicester.
And when have you ever heard a manager say this is it, we are ready for it?

Liverpool and City haven't been at their peak best imo, no idea if we will see it all this season, the games between the big games I've seen this season have been dog shit.

Thought Leicester have been an exception, still expect them to tail off.

Clearly a bit of an arse.

No doubt he is a good manager though and the day he left that mob was a good day for us.

Not counting his uncontested achievements in Scotland but he has taken a mid table Leicester to just missing out on a CL spot last season and has them top of the league halfway through this season.

Took over Liverpool who had finished mid table and within 2 seasons had them very close to champions scoring over 100 goals.

Probably due another crack at one of the big guns and may well get Lampard's job in the summer.

Just saying...
Rodgers had an exceptional 1st season at them, no doubting that.
2nd season they won the league with their 2nd lowest winning points total in 20 year.
3rd season before he left, they had also dropped lots of points.
We would've stopped themomg before 10 in a row if it wasn't for hiring Pedro.

Celtic Reserves are bigger than Leicester said Sutton B-D
Left for a far bigger club, even without European football in a far bigger league, working with far better players and it's telling he hasn't bought a single Celtic Superstar or even poached any of these wonderkids they claim to have.

Leicester also behaved like a big club, chose their man and said you come now or not at all. Exactly as it should be but apparently Celtic should be waiting until the summer, perhaps their not as big as they say?
They also a extremely well run club with a good set of owners.
The bloke has a brain.He knew it was only a stop gap for him in real terms at Celtic.Yes,he's one of them but he isn't bigoted.His whole career was built in England .There was always going to become a time where he would pull the plug due to firstly ,where could he go further with them without them having to splash out? secondly I genuinely think he knew some of the more rabid elements amongst them are a bridge too far.

Struggle to hate him the way I would most scum employees past and present, I’m sure someone will come along with an example otherwise, but he personally always seemed fairly respectful of us when he could have gloated, and when Gerrard arrived and we matched them head to head he didn’t revert to their type and blame refs etc.

Definitely a bit of the Brent about him, but he can clearly get a tune out of players.
He blamed refs numerous times especially when we beat them 1-0 with jack scoring

I was certainly not unhappy when Rodgers left sellick. He has proven himself an excellent manager worthy of a shot a really top team. Chelsea would be an obvious fit, Arsenal too. However, given what he's accomplished at Leicester I can't see him walking away before the season is over, and if by some miracle they were to win the EPL, I believe he'd stay on at the King Power - at least for another year.

Good manager, no doubt about it. However, the second he signed on with that lot is the second I decided I’d rather eat a cricket ball than see him have a successful career.
Sounds like a tough ‘un.

Having seen the game tonight, and the complete shambles Chelsea, are in at this time after the money they have spent, I can see him taking over from Frank, sooner than later, most of that team are no better than mid-table for me, and that is me being kind.

He’s a tremendous coach who can take players to much higher performance levels.

They enjoyed him there but they never truly appreciated what they had.

Too busy shouting Sevco and tugging themselves furiously like a little chimp over invented financial blogs.

Never mind, they got what they deserved in the end.
Did well against virtually nothing in Scotland but failed massively, embarrassingly massively, in Europe.
What prevented him raising performance levels in that competition?
Only the English league part of his cv is worth considering.

Clearly a very good football manager. Celtic getting him was really once in a lifetime stuff.

Underestimating him amongst ourselves was probably to be expected but the board's failure to take him seriously set us back years. Fcking Pedro. Fcking Murty. Fcking Murty again. Who gives a fck how he got on in Europe when it didn't affect us?

Ironically him leaving, and his replacement being nowhere near good enough, has put us in a wonderful position for this year.

Great coach.
Has the capability of getting more out of players than they even realise
He would be an excellent manager for Manchester United
The virtual second he was offered it he’d be off
Good luck Leicester however, great to see them on top again
The poets hate Rodgers with a passion so he’s ok in my book

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at a massive club like Real Madrid. His credentials are up there with the best of them and he's got the ego to match.

Shark face is an embarrassing David Brent type character. But he’s undoubtedly a great coach and I’m glad he got bored with no challenge in Scotland and fùcked off back down south.

I still think Liverpool’s near miss with the title was more about Suarez than anything though.

He was the best thing to happen to the scum for many years.

You'd have to be in full scale denial not to admit he is a very decent manager.

I think he was out the door because of the pedo allegations, understandably did not want to be their boss when that all comes out.

Still, fuck him.

JS116479236.jpg

How do you put up 8.75 fingers ya greasy prick.

I don’t see Leicester winning it, but they’ll be top 4. He is a good coach, and can definitely get teams playing for him at a higher level. Man U would be a good fit, but I think Chelsea will be where he goes.

He'd leave Leicester tonight if somebody offered him more money but he must be on decent wedge after the improved contact when arsenal were interested. He's clearly a good coach but never stayed in one job for more than 3 years.

They bottled a top 4 finish big time last season which never gets mentioned. Where they not in the top 4 for 90% of the season or something mad like that before flopping when the season restarted.

However he is clearly getting alot out of that squad. Vardy is probably the only player they have who is close to being world class, with Maddison perhaps on his way there, yet they're undoubtedly in the mix for the title.

Did well against virtually nothing in Scotland but failed massively, embarrassingly massively, in Europe.
What prevented him raising performance levels in that competition?
Only the English league part of his cv is worth considering.

I think his stubbornness in adopting his approach when setting his team up to play in europe is what let to Celtics satisfying maulings in europe.

His refusal to play more defensively against sides like Barcelona and PSG and try to go toe to toe with them with a side of players plying their trade in Scotland....not the best idea.

He was always only ever going to be a stopgap at Them, as he is a very good manager.

A few of the traditional ‘bigger’ sides down there could do much worse.
And a rather expensive one at that. He also fell out with the bored/board.

Piss poor European record including a 7-0 defeat to Barca, the rotten mob's worst ever result in Europe, Liverpool were also poor in Europe under Rodgers.

His teams play some nice stuff, but can't seem to defend well, he will have more chance of winning the EPL at a club like Leicester than a bigger club, although his ego will tell him different.

Good manager, no doubt. It was a big boost for us when he left Celtic.

IMO, we'd be in a much tighter title race right now if he'd stayed.

Celtic Reserves are bigger than Leicester said Sutton B-D
Left for a far bigger club, even without European football in a far bigger league, working with far better players and it's telling he hasn't bought a single Celtic Superstar or even poached any of these wonderkids they claim to have.

Leicester also behaved like a big club, chose their man and said you come now or not at all. Exactly as it should be but apparently Celtic should be waiting until the summer, perhaps their not as big as they say?
Leicester wouldn't have been considered a bigger club than Aberdeen before they won the league, obviously despise Celtic but they're significantly bigger than them

Surely success in European competition must be the defining line for a very good or great coach or manager. I don't mean winning a European trophy, I just allude to good results against the standard, better and top team's in Europe and qualifying for the later stages regularly and consistently.

Rodger's CV will have a blank space on it in this respect with Celtic unless it records the trouncings, embarrassing and abject shocking performances in Europe that he presided over whilst there. He was not too impressive with Liverpool in Europe either, Played 18 won 5, drawn 6, lost 7. Failed to qualify from 2 Europa League Groups as well and papped out in the last 32. Gerrard has a superior Europa League record with Rangers than Rodgers has with Liverpool!

Last edited:
Surely success in European competition must be the defining line for a very good or great coach or manager. I don't mean winning a European trophy, I just allude to good results against the standard, better and top team's in Europe and qualifying for the later stages regularly and consistently. Rodger's CV will have a blank space on it in this respect with Celtic unless it records the trouncings, embarrassing and abject shocking performances in Europe that he presided over whilst there.

Rodgers Celtc lost 1- 13 on aggregate to PSG, and he was still praised by the Scottish media. lol

PSG were then the obvious new favourites to win the CL, but were papped out in the next round.

Good manager. His European record up here being held always makes me cringe given how much he dominated us domestically. Was delighted when he left them because he was probably their most talented asset.

He’s now got a decent but not great Leicester team top of the league. He’s clearly got a knack for getting the most out of his teams, a rare talent down there.

Latest posts

Back