Another COVID FC Player Tests Positive For COVID-19

Oh dear they have made the itv evening news

20210118-185258.jpg

No that is not the rules. You have to avoid close contact with anyone even those in your own household. You can't use the kitchen at the same time, can't watch TV together, can't sleep in the same bed etc.
What are you saying they sleep in the same bed........

I understand the players right not to be named. Or Celtic's right not to name him. However, since the guy is probably going to be at very least semi-famous and has just travelled from Dubai to Glasgow recently, through different hubs etc. then it's everyone's right to know.

Also, since this is another member of the Celtic squad who has tested positive Livingston should have the right not to play them as a health and safety risk and have 3 points awarded to them.

I understand the players right not to be named. Or Celtic's right not to name him. However, since the guy is probably going to be at very least semi-famous and has just travelled from Dubai to Glasgow recently, through different hubs etc. then it's everyone's right to know.

Also, since this is another member of the Celtic squad who has tested positive Livingston should have the right not to play them as a health and safety risk and have 3 points awarded to them.
I'm not convinced being semi famous supersedes medical confidentiality.

I'm not convinced being semi famous supersedes medical confidentiality.
No, of course it doesn't.

Just seems a bit fucked up that this guy has been around to swan around transport hubs to go on a piss up with his team, mingle with several people (although, I guess he might not have mingled), then use several transport hubs on the way back and nobody gets to know who it is.

I am sure it'll come out soon enough regardless. That said, I still do believe Celtic have risked other players by being allowed to play.

Just seems a bit fucked up that this guy has been around to swan around transport hubs to go on a piss up with his team, mingle with several people (although, I guess he might not have mingled), then use several transport hubs on the way back and nobody gets to know who it is.

I am sure it'll come out soon enough regardless. That said, I still do believe Celtic have risked other players by being allowed to play.
I think they have been very lucky that the positive case was not amongst the players who played against Hibs. Makes sense if it's Ntcham and Edouard. Both would have been isolating together, and now will have to isolate for 10 days from his positive test.

They'll both regularly be on zoom to their agents I'm sure. They could potentially claim that the employer put them at risk by their behaviour.

I think they have been very lucky that the positive case was not amongst the players who played against Hibs. Makes sense if it's Ntcham and Edouard. Both would have been isolating together, and now will have to isolate for 10 days from his positive test.

They'll both regularly be on zoom to their agents I'm sure. They could potentially claim that the employer put them at risk by their behaviour.
Cynical me says they are fudging the tests

Mate, people need to calm down a bit with this stuff. I want them hammered for things aswell, but the correct protocols will be in place here.

Just because they haven't told us who the player is, track and trace will know who it is obviously. They will do their stuff, and if anyone was in close contact with him anywhere 48hrs before his positive result, they will be informed of the need to isolate for 10 days.

celtic not naming the player, is NOT putting anyones health at risk.

Nah! Doesn't matter if they are a PLC.

Data protection and medical confidentiality trumps that.

Or else you would be hearing that Jimmy from Tesco in Cambuslang has syphilis.

Don't be a mental heid!

Did they breached confidentiality when they told the press that Forrest damaged his ankle ligaments?

Did they breached confidentiality when they told the press that Forrest damaged his ankle ligaments?
That's an interesting point actually. Do player contracts have something in it meaning injuries are allowed to be public by the club? It's probably just never been tested.

In this instance it is a potentially serious illness though, and no employer would release that information to the public.

Strange one this. If one member of a household has to isolate then I think they are supposed to confine to their room, not sleep with their partner, use different toilet facilities, different eating utensils, not share towels etc etc.

I’ve no idea how that applies here.
Correct, it's a very strange one.

Lennon was asked at yesterday's presser: "Is everyone back for Wednesday and have they been tested?"

He replied: "Yes. All been tested rigorously. I’ve been tested five or six times myself. We’ve all been tested again today, we get the results back later on but from the lateral flow test this morning, everyone is negative."

Later on during the presser, he then announced that another player had tested positive, presumably from the tests that were done yesterday morning and presumably the tests were done at Lennoxtown, as it was their first day back.

Training pics from yesterday apparently show Edouard, but not Ntcham. If they do live together, my understanding is that Edouard should also have been told to self-isolate for another 10 days from yesterday.

Of more concern to them would be who else was Ntcham in contact with between turning up at Lennoxtown and receiving his positive result.

The fact that Lennon only found out about the positive test during the presser mid-afternoon, would suggest that the result also didn't come back till mid-afternoon. In which case, why was Ntcham not in any training pics if he gave a negative lateral flow test in the morning? If they thought he was fine, surely he would have been training.

As usual, something stinks and I wouldn't trust a word they come out with.

The whole "confidentiality" thing is probably BS. As has been stated, it's quite common for managers to talk about who is out and the state of their injury. Also, it will be well known once tomorrow's team sheet is announced. So to me, the most likely reason is for sporting advantage, i.e. don't let Livi know so they can plan for the probable team. Same for the 13 being unnamed prior to the Hibs game.

The whole "confidentiality" thing is probably BS. As has been stated, it's quite common for managers to talk about who is out and the state of their injury. Also, it will be well known once tomorrow's team sheet is announced. So to me, the most likely reason is for sporting advantage, i.e. don't let Livi know so they can plan for the probable team. Same for the 13 being unnamed prior to the Hibs game.
the english FA asked Man City not to name their players. in an NHS sense, you cannot identify a patient under any circumstances or release health information about someone. perhaps the player wants privacy or perhaps Celtic just hiding behind it.

from the Record ..

But during Monday’s explosive rant Lennon also alluded to those numbers soaring after the bus trips came into the scope of the investigation team.

He said: “On the plane it was the guys that were closest to them. So all of a sudden it was two rows back, two rows forward, two rows to the side.

“We were under the impression that with business class seats the distance from two seats back was pretty safe.

“And some lads had to isolate because they were on buses with Christopher.

“This is where I’m confused because all clubs in Scotland have been travelling up and down the country in two buses.

READ MORE​

“With these guidelines that we’re now having to adhere to it means that only three players can travel on a 52-seater bus.

-------

question - why would you have a business class section on a chartered plane? has it been confirmed they chartered their own plane to Dubai?

So apparently they seated Julianne in 2 different positions in coaches with different people seated around him which is why so many had to isolate. Lennon came out ranting about goalposts being moved as though they’d suddenly doubled the required social distance just to get it up celtc.
When is that lying clown getting disrepute charges?

But Record Sport has learned the major reason so many of the travelling party had to self-isolate was based upon a probe into six separate journeys on the team coach, with the club’s own manifests showing injured defender Christopher Jullien sat in at least two different seats.

According to the rags the reason they had so many players etc isolating was because Jullien switched seats on the team bus. So much for their great protocols.
They were also trying to argue about the social distancing protocol on planes, which states that anyone sitting within 2 rows of a person who tests positive for Covid has to self-isolate.

They were using a La Compagnie Airbus A321neo which has fitted out with 72 luxury seats with extra legroom (18 rows of 2+2 seats). Their argument is that the seats are 1.5m apart, so only 1 row in front and behind should have to self-isolate, as the 2nd row is 3m away and more than 2m.

That's what Lennon was going on about during the presser yesterday, when he was claiming that they were being victimised. They wanted the 2m distance used, rather than 2 rows of seats. However, the rules for plane travel are specific about 2 rows and don't make any reference to distance.

Last edited:
So apparently they seated Julianne in 2 different positions in coaches with different people seated around him which is why so many had to isolate. Lennon came out ranting about goalposts being moved as though they’d suddenly doubled the required social distance just to get it up celtc.
When is that lying clown getting disrepute charges?

See my post #1237 above about his 'moving the goalposts' comments.

They were also trying to argue about the social distancing protocol on planes, which states that anyone sitting within 2 rows of a person who tests positive for Covid has to self-isolate.

They were using a La Compagnie Airbus A321neo which has fitted out with 72 luxury seats with extra legroom (18 rows of 2+2 seats). Their argument is that the seats are 1.5m apart, so only 1 row in front and behind should have to self-isolate, as the 2nd row is 3m away and more than 2m.

That's what Lennon was going on about during the presser yesterday, when he was claiming that they were being victimised. They wanted the 2m distance used, rather than 2 rows of seats. However, the rules for plane travel are specific about 2 rows and don't make any reference to distance.
Thanks dd that part of the presser had left me unclear but you have sorted us cheers

Seems like they could have determined this in advance and travelled with a smaller group to 0ffset the air travel risk

So..if its a 72 seater they flew on how could they have a party of 60 on it ( as NL confirmed) and leave sufficient distance. Seems impossible to do this with only 12 spare seats

Thank fvck we get a decent Shakespearean quote, instead of hung by thine own petard or hung by thine own pitard, or hung by their own sword.

I am fvckin sick of it!

from the Record ..

But during Monday’s explosive rant Lennon also alluded to those numbers soaring after the bus trips came into the scope of the investigation team.

He said: “On the plane it was the guys that were closest to them. So all of a sudden it was two rows back, two rows forward, two rows to the side.

“We were under the impression that with business class seats the distance from two seats back was pretty safe.

“This is where I’m confused because all clubs in Scotland have been travelling up and down the country in two buses.

READ MORE​

“With these guidelines that we’re now having to adhere to it means that only three players can travel on a 52-seater bus.

-------

question - why would you have a business class section on a chartered plane? has it been confirmed they chartered their own plane to Dubai?
Somebody posted the plane type in a thread the other day. Presumably the front of the plane has bigger spaces between seats for business class but the whole plane would get the same service.

Rather than thinking who sat where in the Dubai Airbus, let's think a bit more of who sat in Frank Cairney's knee in his Celtic provided Ford Corsair when nobody knew nothing about anything.

Think about Aviemore, Kearny, Parkhead, Barrowfield, Cumbernauld car parks etc.

Yes, I know it sounds mental but it might just be time to give up on some of the trivial stuff and focus your efforts on what really matters.

Lennon was asked at yesterday's presser: "Is everyone back for Wednesday and have they been tested?"

He replied: "Yes. All been tested rigorously. I’ve been tested five or six times myself.

Can anyone answer?

I thought you had to isolate for 10 days? Why were they back training after 6 or 7?

And does this seem like a lie to anyone, the quote above about being tested five or six times. Seems like overkill surely. Unless I read it wrong, I would feel it is more believable if he said he was tested three times?

At the sametime as Julian, halfway through isolation and then before return?

Five or six times over a six or seven day isolation seems a lot.

from the Record ..

READ MORE​

-------

The plane the hired was a corporate plane with a full business class configuration. They do this regularly if the have long trips for European games.

Rather than thinking who sat where in the Dubai Airbus, let's think a bit more of who sat in Frank Cairney's knee in his Celtic provided Ford Corsair when nobody knew nothing about anything.

Yes, I know it sounds mental but it might just be time to give up on some of the trivial stuff and focus your efforts on what really matters.
Jesus christ ffs. Are we meant to talk about paedophiles all day aye? Court cases are ongoing, but thanks for your advice.

Whit??

Back