Anyone know how much Ajax pay their players?

I'm sure it was reported that Ajax had a similar wage bill to Celtic the season they made the CL semi finals.

They seem happier to pay big transfer fees these days, so I'd imagine wages have risen accordingly.

Their wage bill has significantly increased in the last two or three years. Probably a symptom of the top English and German raiding youth players who’d normally sign on at Ajax. Young Dutch players going abroad to academies which means Ajax need to buy more established players in as they aren’t coming through as much or to the same quality.

I heard while watching the Ajax Feyenoord game at the weekend that they they had spent £180 million on transfer fees over the last 2 years. Not sure how much they have brought in but I would imagine its more than their outgoings

I heard while watching the Ajax Feyenoord game at the weekend that they they had spent £180 million on transfer fees over the last 2 years. Not sure how much they have brought in but I would imagine its more than their outgoings
Ajax have received at least £350 million in transfer fees in the past 3 seasons.

Sure I seen somewhere Ajax had taken in over €400m with the sales of de Jong, de ligt and van Der been amongst others. They must be paying big wages for players like Antony with big transfer fees

Apparently they do not reveal individual player's salaries but introduced a salary cap in 2016 of €1 million per player per year.

Some newspaper articles report them as having players earning 3 or 4 times that salary cap so I guess you can't trust those. Their average player salary appears to be about 30 % - 40% of ours but they have a higher total wage bill as they have lots of development squads, etc.

Apparently they do not reveal individual player's salaries but introduced a salary cap in 2016 of €1 million per player per year.

Some newspaper articles report them as having players earning 3 or 4 times that salary cap so I guess you can't trust those. Their average player salary appears to be about 30 % - 40% of ours but they have a higher total wage bill as they have lots of development squads, etc.
They’ve scrapped the salary cap so that they can invest in players.

sounds like good business

And there is no reason why we cant position ourselves in a similar position now that Gerrard has brought some modern thinking and professionalism to our behind the scenes team. Look at the value we are already seeing in recruitment for the first team.

And there is no reason why we cant position ourselves in a similar position now that Gerrard has brought some modern thinking and professionalism to our behind the scenes team. Look at the value we are already seeing in recruitment for the first team.
We'd need regular standout performances in the UCL to regularly sell players for amounts in that ballpark

yep can't wait and we wont settle for just domestic results like the nappy rippers have the past years

It was 10/12 million less than Celtic a few years ago. I think it's more transfer fees (on younger high potential players) they spend on

I’m not sure where I read it but £60m comes to mind. I’m sure I read it somewhere being compared to the scums wage Bill which is higher.

Some examples of the fees theyve received over the past 3 seasons

Ziyech - 40 million
Van De Beek - 40 million
De Jong - 75 million
De Ligt - 75 million
Dest - 21 million
Botman - 8 million
Wober - 11 million
Dolberg - 21 million
Nissen - 5 million
Sinkgraven - 5 million
Kluivert - 23 million

roughly 350 million just there plus plenty other players whove went for less than 5 mill

You’d like to

Ziyech - 40 million
Van De Beek - 40 million
De Jong - 75 million
De Ligt - 75 million
Dest - 21 million
Botman - 8 million
Wober - 11 million
Dolberg - 21 million
Nissen - 5 million
Sinkgraven - 5 million
Kluivert - 23 million

roughly 350 million just there plus plenty other players whove went for less than 5 mill
klaasen-€27m
Sanchez-€42m

Think they were 2017 or 2018 though.

Ziyech - 40 million
Van De Beek - 40 million
De Jong - 75 million
De Ligt - 75 million
Dest - 21 million
Botman - 8 million
Wober - 11 million
Dolberg - 21 million
Nissen - 5 million
Sinkgraven - 5 million
Kluivert - 23 million

How often do they get a batch of players they can sell for that kind of money, 10 years maybe more ?

How often do they get a batch of players they can sell for that kind of money, 10 years maybe more ?
Looks like theyve got a pretty solid conveyor belt at the moment. They seem to invest the cash well and have both an excellent scouting department and youth setup

Remember we are not on a level playing field with them yet. I think the closer commercially and sale player we can get and over a period of time youth development along with consistently champions league/europa money then we can think about things like this. Ross Wilson recently spoke to RYDC on comparisons with Ajax and Bisgrove spoke about commercial comparisons.

Back