Most famous celebrity you have met at a football game?

3 pretty good ones ....

1. Sat next to Kenny Dalglish in the rangers directors box. Think he was scouting Danny Wilson for Liverpool at the time.
2. Was in hospitality in Seville and was 2 rows away from Tom cruise and Cameron Diaz
3. Not at a game but was on holiday in Thailand about 20 years ago and it turned out Clarence seedorf was staying at the same hotel. Got chatting to him a few times and even ended up playing in a beach football game with him and other guests

Was sat next to Jim Baxter at a Morton home game (not v Us) couple of years before he died.
Sat behind Lionel Charbonnier at Rugby Park (v Us).
Michael Mols sitting just behind me at home game in Govan corner couple of years back.
Used to see actor Brian Pettifer outside Ibrox at home games few years back.

We sit just behind the players lounge seats so regularly see other footballers or "celebrities". Mrs Polster tops the lot....

Dean Windass was there a good few times looking mental as always, various ex-players, shellsuit boab sits just across from us, but the best was Robert Carlyle. My mate (poster on here) got a selfie and goes "here Begbie, can i get a selfie" and the bold yin slaughtered him for it!

Hate to say this...... Tin Hat On!,,,,,
Jim White at Rangers Bohemians UEFA cup 1984!

Head already hung in shame!!!

Charbonnier and John Brown were right behind me at the piggery in 2000 when Wallace scored. Bomber went over me at the goal.
My mate was adamant he was behind us in the club deck a couple of times during 14/15 season, I wasn’t sure.

The late Walter McGowan at an away game at Shiittodrie - think he pals with Willie Henderson.

(For you younger Bears Walter was a famous boxer - world flyweight champion).

Was sat next to Jim Baxter at a Morton home game (not v Us) couple of years before he died.
Michael Mols sitting just behind me at home game in Govan corner couple of years back.
No doubt when it came to Rangers games Brian would just Get Some In! If you ever watched the comedy years ago he always made reference to the famous as Bruce Leckie.

Sat beside John Jeffrey and David sole (Scotland rugby players).. In the main stand at a European game.. JJ was a giant of a man

stayed in the same hotel as the team before alania vladikavkaz game at Ibrox when I was younger, they were on top floor so I waited by the lifts for autographs as they all came down, including big Ron Atkinson who stays away from the football these days...

Not counting footballer/managers:

Janick Gers, guitarist with Iron Maiden on the terrace at Hereford v Hartlepool in 1990 (He's a Poolie)

Rod Stewart and John Reid in the boardroom at the Stade du Nonce (long story)

And I slept in Ray Winston's executive suite at the West Ham Hotel!!

Ron Atkinson before Bruges away. Jonathan Watson in Blue Room day we beat Tims 4-0.

Numan at the 2016 semi final. Non footballer would be the lassie that used to do the BBC Scottish news (maybe still does, I try and avoid the news these days), can’t mind her name but think it was well known she was a bear

Stood next to Ian Ferguson, then of St Mirren, at a midweek game at Cappielow. He signed not long after.

Guitarist and bassist from Wet Wet Wet sat in front of me at Champions League qualifier versus Leeds United.

Stood next to Roger Daltrey at Brentford versus Huddersfield game.

Cabinet Minister Michael Gove sat behind me at QPR game.

Brian Pettifer and his son sat behind me for years in the Broomloan family section

Not counting footballers, Linford Christie at Wembley, a Man Utd cup final, can remember who against ! Run Rig sat in seats behind me Scotland v Spain, opening of the 'new' Hampden IIRC. Most my games attended at Ibrox was in the Copland end, didn't get many celebs in there :D

Alan McGee sat in front of me in the main stand on one of the big European nights. I had a demo of my band in my pocket (I always carried one). Was too nervous to tap him on the shoulder.
oh what could have been B-)

Brian Pettifer and his son sat behind me for years in the Broomloan family section

His son must have moved to CD7 as he was using his son's ticket for a midweek game and asked us where the seat was.

Other than ex Rangers players there's been Jeff Winter, Andy Cameron, Dean Windass at an Accy v Leeds game and former England cricketer David Lloyd who is a regular at Accy games when he isn't commentating on cricket.

Nigel Mansell Exeter golf and country club mid nineties waiting to tee off this idiot running up the fairway towards us it’s only the F1 champion himself asks me and my mate also big rangers man what we thought of the course we’re like fuk me it’s Nigel Mansell I it’s no bad he bought that club the next week

Sat next to Maxwell from Big Brother at an Arsenal game
I also bumped into him before an Arsenal game, he was actually brand new. Thought we were taking the piss at first when we said he was “famous” :D
Also saw all of Wet Wet Wet apart from the drummer on Copland Road before a game.
Seen loads of footballers at games.
Last one was Brian from Glow at Murrayfield v Hearts :D He is tiny!

Ps: Nice to see that FF hasn’t let us down with random sightings of “famous” people nowhere near football grounds.

I won 2 tickets for the Main Stand in the Rangers News in September 1972 against Falkirk, my first time ever at Ibrox, and just a couple of rows behind us was Lulu (she was appearing at the Edmiston Club at the time).

I have been fortunate and met most of Rangers Royalty from the last 50 years and plenty of football-related personalities but away from an actual game I met Billy Connolly on plenty of occasions and Midge Ure through work, Lulu for about 3 minutes and Gordon Brown at a dinner to raise money for a Jim Baxter Memorial Statue. Met Danny Boyle, strangely in The Louden

I have been fortunate and met most of Rangers Royalty from the last 50 years and plenty of football-related personalities but away from an actual game I met Billy Connolly on plenty of occasions and Midge Ure through work, Lulu for about 3 minutes and Gordon Brown at a dinner to raise money for a Jim Baxter Memorial Statue. Met Danny Boyle, strangely in The Louden
Also met Maggie Bell through her Mum, that's a nice story

Franco Baresi at the Champions League final between AC Milan and Liverpool at the Olympic Stadium in Athens.

Couple brief encounters.

The Goalie going into the ground in Vienna in 2018. Thought I clocked him and said “I reckon that was Andy Goram?” to a mate. The Goalie didn’t skip a beat turned around and announced “Aye it was Andy Goram” before heading off to his seat.

Also not at a game but Ricardo Carvalho stopped for a photo in Royal Exchange Square when Marseille were last here for the friendly in preseason.

Met a lot of players over the years so won't go there but outside the current squad of the times ,Andy Fordam a few times . Billy Simpson and Johnny Hubbard ,not just former players but real peoples people .Honoured to have had the privilage .
Dave mckay in the Derby club after the Ted Mc minn match .Couple of hours of the best craic i ve ever enjoyed at the footall . Was in with his son and driver sitting beside us and an absolute gentleman full of great stories of his playing days .

Not a celeb but big Davie Syme was sitting directly behind me in the Amsterdam Arena when we played there in 97 (I think that was the year)never met a celeb at a football match
We shared a beer or two with him the night before the game in Stones coffee shop.

He joined in with the singing of some cultural folk tunes.

B-)

Graeme Clark of Wet Wet Wet used to sit in my row in the Govan Rear. He'd always attend with his manager Dougie Souness, who always wore a half and half Rangers and England top (The Umbro chequered one). Also see Traceyanne Campbell of Camera Obscura regularly and my son got a photo with Ant Middleton outside the main stand before a game against the scum (2-0, Arfield salute game).

Back