George Letham - TRFC Board Appointment

Forth Bear

THREE Bears investor George Letham has been appointed to the board of The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Documents lodged with Companies House on Tuesday show that Letham was named as a director on January 15.

TRFC Ltd is wholly owned and operated by the RIFC plc and Letham will now take a seat at the top table alongside Managing Director Stewart Robertson, Ross Wilson, the Sporting Director, James Bisgrove, Andrew Dickson and James Blair.
Glasgow Times: The gates of Ibrox Stadium

READ: Chris Jack: Rangers can welcome the chase after Old Firm power shift
Letham was one of the 'Three Bears' that invested in Rangers alongside Douglas Park and George Taylor as Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan won control of the club in March 2015.

The 63-year-old currently has a 4.33 per cent stake in RIFC plc and will now have a say in the running of the football board at Ibrox.

Great news, a top bear is always a good thing in leadership positions. I actually didnt realize he hadnt been involved recently in the board?

Spent a couple of days in his company when we had that disaster in Kaunas, and a few times in Bar 72.
Absolute gentleman.
Congratulations on your appointment and well done The Rangers board.

Surprised but only because George had never shown any interest in being anything other than a punter in the stands.

Never a bad thing to have good guys at board room level though.

Good news. Used to play for the amateur football team he ran in Edinburgh and a nicer guy you could not meet. Never went into depth about the going’s on at Rangers but could always tell in conversations he had the clubs best interests at heart. Wish him well.
Stables Loyal

Whatever has to the weirdo in the wheelchair?
Had lots of shares or did I dream it?

Julian Woldhardt is based in Hong Kong where he is CEO of a private equity investment company. He’s a non-executive director of RIFC and is not involved in the day to day running of the Club.
Also his company DCP Capital sponsor the womens team. David Lui who co owns DCP Capital iwns a smaller amount of shares in Rangers too.

Although I know the name through the 3 Bears I know very little else about George. Can anyone tell me his business background?

Also his company DCP Capital sponsor the womens team. David Lui who co owns DCP Capital iwns a smaller amount of shares in Rangers too.
[url=https://postimg.cc/jnY7qwFy][/URL]

Found this on Rangers Website regarding shareholders. Woldhardts wife has also got shares. Just wasn't sure on his role as director. But since explained he's a non executive director. Hopefully him and Stuart Gibson work their magic in far east

[url=https://postimg.cc/jnY7qwFy][/URL]

Found this on Rangers Website regarding shareholders. Woldhardts wife has also got shares. Just wasn't sure on his role as director. But since explained he's a non executive director. Hopefully him and Stuart Gibson work their magic in far east
Yeah he and his wife have shares under 2 company names. Woldhardt and Lui are very highly respected in Hong Kong and China as pioneers of their field.

George Letham appointment is another great sign for the club. I have a feeling this is the first of many appointments or changes to the boards.

Been in his company before very nice person, with Rangers in mind, am I right in thinking, we have two entities running the Club, so as never to get to a Rat, Whyte case in future?

Been in his company before very nice person, with Rangers in mind, am I right in thinking, we have two entities running the Club, so as never to get to a Rat, Whyte case in future?
Not really. TRFC Board is more to do with the day-to-day operation of the football side of things and the RIFC Board run the holding company. That's where the 'real' power lies.

Last edited:
Although I know the name through the 3 Bears I know very little else about George. Can anyone tell me his business background?

Was a director at Ideal Boilers for a number of years before helping set up Stelrad Radiators which I think might have been a spin off from Ideal. Both successful companies.

Back