Time to bring back the lilac change strip?

ICM

Official Ticketer
I wrote this today as a bit of fun but I do think that a proper quality Castore re-make would be incredibly popular.

Isn’t it time that Rangers got together with their kit partner Castore, to produce a quality updated version of the much sought-after lilac change kit?

Given that retro shirts are incredibly popular at present, arguably more than ever before, it would seem to be a prudent choice from the decision makers at Ibrox.

The orange kit is always a favourite with the fans and the club has done well over the last few years to incorporate this, in regard to kit and training wear.

However, now is the time for the return of an icon.....

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/castore-bring-back-the-iconic-lilac-third-kit/

Maybe not next season, would rather see some classic blue, white, red and orange options personally. But if we did it that again I’d take it.

Never liked it first time around so it’s a no for me. Wouldn’t mind seeing a new version of the navy orange striped strip we wore for Peter Huistras last game though.

Not sure a top worn twice and the last time a 2-1 defeat to Motherwell is iconic.
Have you seen the meltdown on here regards the "cursed" retro kit worn against St Mirren?

I wrote this today as a bit of fun but I do think that a proper quality Castore re-make would be incredibly popular.

Isn’t it time that Rangers got together with their kit partner Castore, to produce a quality updated version of the much sought-after lilac change kit?

Given that retro shirts are incredibly popular at present, arguably more than ever before, it would seem to be a prudent choice from the decision makers at Ibrox.

The orange kit is always a favourite with the fans and the club has done well over the last few years to incorporate this, in regard to kit and training wear.

However, now is the time for the return of an icon.....

https://Rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/castore-bring-back-the-iconic-lilac-third-kit/
Yes, lilac, black with white trim, no collar! Black shorts lilac socks. Spot on

It's a novelty and expensive for collectors. Not really a design classic like some of the other contenders. The more iconic modern ones have all done something different and that's what Castore need to do. Lots of inspiration to draw from through the decades and the retro design this year is great start.

Not sure a top worn twice and the last time a 2-1 defeat to Motherwell is iconic.
Have you seen the meltdown on here regards the "cursed" retro kit worn against St Mirren?
It’s incredibly popular. Genuine articles go for more than any other top and when a retro replica site puts it on sale it sells out almost instantly.

Anyone that says they don’t like it is a deeply closeted individual.

I liked it, but would rather see a modern version of this;

images

Never liked it first time around so it’s a no for me. Wouldn’t mind seeing a new version of the navy orange striped strip we wore for Peter Huistras last game though.
That strip was worn the season before.

Huistra's last game was 94/95 and we wore the red with black pinstripe top. Loved that top, always thought it looked like a baseball top.

Isn’t lilac the colour you get when red, blue and white are mixed and that was the point of the shirt?

I thought it was a great strip.

That strip was worn the season before.

Huistra's last game was 94/95 and we wore the red with black pinstripe top. Loved that top, always thought it looked like a baseball top.

It would have been a great top if it wasn’t for that daft RFC running through pinstripes messing it up. I straight black and red stripe top would be immense, like the old scarfs, good one for the 150th anniversary

It would have been a great top if it wasn’t for that daft RFC running through pinstripes messing it up. I straight black and red stripe top would be immense, like the old scarfs, good one for the 150th anniversary
Haha see I loved that feature.

A great top, one of my favourites although In general the 3 strips should be In the clubs traditional colours

Blue, white & red should give the change of tops required so no clashes

I liked the strip but I think we only wore it in a pre season friendly and a defeat at Fir Park.
Not many happy memories there.

Iconic due to the players who wore it and its uniqueness.

Nearly 30 years later, it's still sought after and in demand.

I liked it, but would rather see a modern version of this;

images
Was just about to post this one as well, one of the very few shirts of ours I have really liked over the years.

Would be interesting to see it in red with a blue/white band as well.

Ah the European strip we never actually got a chance to wear in Europe. So because I'm superstitious I'm out.

It is for officials in game. There's a reason why the original and the purple Puma kit from 15/16 were hardly worn.
The reason it was hardly worn is because it was a European kit and we got pumped out in the qualifiers. It was much lighter than the purple kit from 15/16.

Back