Reassure a panic merchant if you can

Mate , we WILL win 55 and it will be this season !
You and your dad are going to have a fantastic celebration , with the rest of us.
We will all experience the pleasure of being back where we belong together , we will also reflect on what happened in 2012 and the journey we have been on since.
We knew we would be back , we just did not know how long it would take , there were all sorts of obstacles to overcome , from the boardroom right down to the players on the pitch. The people running our club now deserve all our gratitude for where we are today. Also remember the start of the next season , struggling to assemble a playing squad.
Every player since , who has worn that shirt and played for Rangers has contributed to that journey , they have helped us achieve the goal of '55' and every supporter who has followed and supported this amazing club have played their part and you have too !
You have such a lot to look forward to !
Just remember what Super said ...
sXWOWnL.jpg

Then also remember , next season that Champion's league theme will be belted out at Ibrox , as the 55th Champions take to the field to begin the next chapter !
We are already at the beginning of the end of their dominance , they are already at the beginning of the start of our dominance and their behaviour reflects that.
Enjoy their demise and at the same time revel in our 55th title !
WATP !

Try just to enjoy each game for what it is, a game. It's not life or death. Enjoy the good play, the great goals, spectacular saves, crunching tackles, unstoppable free kicks. We all, really, really want to win this league. It won't make the last 9 years go away, but it will start to put us where we belong. If we hit the post at 0-0, enjoy the shot, don't roll around the floor in agony.

But, I'm pretty sure it's no longer a pleasure to watch, unless we are three-nil up with two minutes left and have a corner. Had wee Defoe's effort gone in on Sunday, it would have made a huge difference to everyone, but when all is said and done, we finished the weekend still the same number of points ahead, with one more game played and one more away game played. No real damage was done, and maybe the players needed that wee reminder that there is still work to be done.

Also, don't fret on Celtic's results, nothing we can do about them. Just have a laugh if they drop points, don't worry if they score a last minute equalizer, it's the draws that have got them in their current predicament. Remember also, sport websites are all about clicks. They are designed to wind you up so you click, and they can sell eyeballs to advertisers. Look at how Strachan was misquoted today. Two pages of posts before someone pointed out, it wasn't actually what he said. And it will only get worse. Be prepared for everyone from Joe Biden to Joe Miller being rolled out to say why Celtic can still do it (hey, that's quite good an election thief and a wallet thief)

And unless we win, don't go near the match threads. People try to be smart arses calling negatives out early. When we do win, go back and read them. You'll get an idea how crazy people are in the threads. Some are just so passionate, some know nothing about the game, some are pished, some are pragmatic, some are naively positive. They are just expressing their desire to wining many different ways. (except the "ah telt ye before he wiz pish/bottle crashed" mob)

But when you read them back afterwards, you'll not get so wound up reading them during the match.

And as Bill Struth might have said "Enjoy the Chase"
One of the best posts I’ve ever read on here.
Even made me feel better and I’m a negative prick.

Taking points out of the equation for a second - their fixtures from now until the end of the season are a lot more difficult than ours.

They still have to visit:

Tony Macaroni
Rugby Park
Ibrox
Easter Road
Pittodrie
Tannadice
St Mirren
St Johnstone
Ross County

Even the bottom sides on that list aren't easy games at this stage of the season as they are all fighting for their lives - Ross County & St Johnstone have already troubled them this season, St Mirren have troubled us. Their home games before the split include Aberdeen x2 and us.

They effectively only have 3 home bankers between now and the end of the season - Hamilton, St Mirren & Motherwell.

That means that at least 14 of their remaining 17 games are potential banana skins - they are not making it through a run like that unscathed. The gap is only going to increase from here on out. Even if we suffer an absolute collapse they just are not going to be able to win enough games to make it count.

The reverse of that is we have 5 home bankers (Ross County, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, St Mirren & Dundee United) + an away trip to Hamilton before the split alone.

We've played much more difficult fixtures than them up to this point and have created a massive gap in the process. Yes our form has dipped slightly, but the one thing we haven't had recently are home games against bottom half opposition to score a few goals and get comfortable - we now have an abundance of those coming up in our next batch of fixtures.

Last edited:
Your health comes first mate, look after yourself. Football can be a good release for people but relax and I'm sure we won't let this lead slip

Watch this (three parts) podcast from the high performance guys -

Then watch the meltdown from yesterday's presser at the other side of Glasgow -

Gerrard's a winner, he needed time to get it together but he's pretty much there with it. He's too focused and professional for it to go wrong now.

He's bringing it home for us, there's going to be bumps in the road, but he's bringing it home.
I actually stated at the beginning of the season before a ball was kicked that it’s either Gerrard that loses his job or Lennon. I just couldn’t imagine Gerrard being the loser.

We will probably drop some points between now and seasons end. God forbid maybe even a defeat

Do you really think they're going to win every game?

George. the big blue steamroller has been unleashed, as you know that never ends well for those in it's way.

Let's go.

It's in the Bag George, only disappointment for me is that they seemed to stop participating in their daily "hold my beer" today.

Lots of very good points made on here and @BasileBoliSoup's post was a bit of an eye-opener when he said:

Don't worry about our form Geo, over the last 25 games in all competitions we've won 21, drawn 3 and lost 1.

Over the same amount of games the scum have only won 11, drawn 7 and lost 7 and that includes losing to us twice.

This is an eye-watering difference.

BUT it isn't the complete story. What has got to be said is that we've been the consummate professionals in all we've done this season and have acted as befits a championship winning club. We're miles ahead on the park but also off the park too.

Between now and May:

If we do better than them we win the league.
If we match their results we win the league.
If we do a little worse than them we win the league.

Not only do we need to collapse but they also need basically a perfect end. Trust in our professionalism. There’ll be some bumps, always are, but we will get over the line.

If we draw half our matches and win the other half, we'll finish on 93 points.

To even match that, Celtic would have to win at least 16 out of their last 17 matches.

8 of our remaining league matches are at home, where we've won 21 of the last 23 league games.

Celtic have 9 of their last 17 games away from home - they've managed 2 wins in their last 5 away league games.

The stats suggest we'll grind out a few wins, and a few draws, whilst Celtic will drop more points and allow us to cruise to the league with at least 5 games remaining.

I'm the same...an absolute wreck. I look at the odds at least once a day. Any adverse movement and wanna know why

To even match that, Celtic would have to win at least 16 out of their last 17 matches.

8 of our remaining league matches are at home, where we've won 21 of the last 23 league games.

Celtic have 9 of their last 17 games away from home - they've managed 2 wins in their last 5 away league games.

The stats suggest we'll grind out a few wins, and a few draws, whilst Celtic will drop more points than us and allow us to cruise to the league with at least 5 games remaining. Anything else would fly in the face of what we've seen so far this season.

The stats suggest we'll grind out a few wins, and a few draws, whilst Celtic will drop more points than us and allow us to cruise to the league with at least 5 games remaining. Anything else would fly in the face of what we've seen so far this season.

Relax bro, enjoy the ride.
My wee mate is the same we have all been going to different houses to watch the game usually 5 of us depending on work etc.
Until we score it’s tense, once in front you can see the tension evaporate and we get the music on.
Wee mate says he feels like the guy who cashed out early when Leicester won the league , knew they would but just wasn’t enjoying it due to the bet.
After what we have been through it’s time to enjoy it and rub those bastards noses in it.

Let’s be honest, they need to go into the next Old Firm game 8 points behind to stand any chance. They beat us, it’s 5 and there’s 6 games left. That sounds plausible.

To get there, it means we need to lose 2 of our next 7 - out of Ross County, Hibs, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Killie, Livi, and St Mirren. And they need to win all 10 - when they’ve won 6 out of the last 20.

Christ how would people cope if it was neck and neck?!

I include myself in that btw!

I honestly think a lot of people would cope better mate (as strange as that sounds)

The hope would still be there, but they would still be hot favs with the bookies and majority of media etc...

Now we know we are in such a strong position, that we can actually only lose it from here, and that gut wrenching thought (as unlikely as it is to happen) is probably what has people feeling more on edge than they need to be.

I was relatively calm watching the games when we were single figures ahead, but for some reason, the further we have stretched our lead, the more anxious I have become watching the games.

The mind is a funny old thing at times..

I honestly think a lot of people would cope better mate (as strange as that sounds)

The hope would still be there, but they would still be hot favs with the bookies and majority of media etc...

Now we know we are in such a strong position, that we can actually only lose it from here, and that gut wrenching thought (as unlikely as it is to happen) is probably what has people feeling more on edge than they need to be.

I was relatively calm watching the games when we were single figures ahead, but for some reason, the further we have stretched our lead, the more anxious I have become watching the games.

That's probably the case. I was more nervous against the scum when we took the lead because it was in our hands and we were getting closer. Weird.

Exactly. People start talking about wiggle room and talking about Celtic losing points,that’s not how we should view it.

Aye me . Dropping the 2 points against Motherwell still irritates me:))B-D

Annoys me too. But in the context of what's going on now, it was easier to take than normal.

Off the back of 15 wins in a row, and I fancy us to go on another run now.

Happy days are around the corner my friend.

In not seeking attention just some confidence from fellow bears

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down

I think the Celtic team must have read your post, OP.

We're all here trying to reassure you with ifs and buts and predictions. Timmy just says "hawd ma beer".

Hopefully nobody needs any more reassurance after tonight. The mentally challengeds are all over the place, and they will drop more points than us between now and the end of the season. I’d love to win the league at the piggery and torture them at Ibrox after the split. Am I being greedy...
B-D B-D B-D

Hopefully nobody needs any more reassurance after tonight. The mentally challengeds are all over the place, and they will drop more points than us between now and the end of the season. I’d love to win the league at the piggery and torture them at Ibrox after the split. Am I being greedy...
B-D B-D B-D
It won’t last that long.
I almost think they’re trying to have us win it before then just so we can’t win the title at their midden again.

I think you've absolutely nailed it there.

Annoys me too. But in the context of what's going on now, it was easier to take than normal.

Off the back of 15 wins in a row, and I fancy us to go on another run now.

Happy days are around the corner my friend.
Let’s hope the pressure of now being expected to win the league doesn’t get to the players IMO it’s what worries me the most given the way it all unraveled this time last year

Since childhood I have had terrible dreams that disturb my sleep and sometimes the feeling carries on into the next day. Earlier tonight I said to my wife, "I don't want to jinx this by mentioning it but I haven't had a nightmare in a while."
She replied, "Do you think it's because Rangers are winning?"

Could be a factor.

Back