Favourite short-lived Rangers song.

He is the Rangers centre half Goldson, Goldson
He is the Rangers centre half Goldson, Goldson
He’s 6 foot three, he walks the talk
For 55, our defensive rock
Connor Goldson, the Rangers centre half

The real version of Sure & Steadfast.

"Parkheads a piggery" (and still is).

To the other extreme when Tennent's Lager lassies or other such ladies were paraded round the track at Hampden on the back of a truck at half time during cup finals.

"Get yer tits out for the boys"

Two Popes Gone to the tune of Holiday reminded me of that other Boney M based classic. To the tune of Brown Girl in the Ring, I give you "Glavin's in the jail".

We played the mentally challengeds in the new year game a month after they lost the Coca Cola cup final to Raith.

For a good 5 minutes solid in the warm up we gave him the “McStay missed a penalty” as he got more and more wound up.

Kept putting his hand to his mouth as if he was yawning then lost the rag and fucked a shot full pelt a mile over the bar to howls of derision and laughter.

I may need confirmation on this one. But I vaguely remember the usual drunken trip up to Inverness (always a superb away day) when the Killers new song 'Human' had just been released.

It went something like this....

We are Rangers, cos we're not Celtic
A win is vital, a draws no good
Cos we're on our way to winning the league title
We are Rangers, cos we're not Celtic.

First and last line are most definitely wrong and I only remember singing it in Inverness. Was fun at the time though :))

Tommy Burns , Tommy Burns so does Doyle
I remember being at the piggery when one of the first renditions of that song started before the kick off. The filth in 'the jungle' were utterly confused as they couldn't understand why we were singing TB...confusion turned to mentally challenged rage when the penny dropped.

BTW Doyle was one nasty piece of work, 'bitter' doesn't even begin to cover it, sent off playing against us a few times.

When yer tired & yer weary and yer heart just skips a beat
You'll get yer fu*kin head kicked in if ye walk down Jame's street
Take a walk into the MERMAID & you'll hear a famous noise
Gerrout ya "fine wee fella you B-D " we're the Brigton Derry Boys
Come along come along and we're loyal & we're true
And when we meet those "fellas:))" we'll be ready for a do
Unto the cry of NO SURRENDER, surrender or you'll die
It's good luck to the Glasgow Rangers from the Brigton Derry Boys.
Fine wee ditty B-D, nostalgia.

I don’t know if I have imagined this but I’m sure we sang “I’m your biggest fan I’ll follow you until you love me, Graeme, Graeme Murty”.

I am hoping this is a figment of my imagination as its an absolute abomination.

Last edited:
I remember being at the piggery when one of the first renditions of that song started before the kick off. The filth in 'the jungle' were utterly confused as they couldn't understand why we were singing TB...confusion turned to mentally challenged rage when the penny dropped.

BTW Doyle was one nasty piece of work, 'bitter' doesn't even begin to cover it, sent off playing against us a few times.
I only remember when they beat us 4 2 he got sent off

The Queen said no to Mass.

To the tune of We're gonna win the league. Mid 80s i think v them shortly after HM had turned down an invite to attend Mass. Simple but effective.

“We built this city on Jason Holt”

I also recall a Sasa Papac song which went to the tune of the tv show Heartbeat. Was this real or have I just dreamt it?! :D

Pierre, there's only one Pierre.
He takes it up the rear.
Cause he's a fvckin queer.

Only heard it once, at the piggery, after they were taunting us by singing his name after he'd scored against us in the UEFA Cup for Feyenoord.

Quickest I've ever seen them sit down and shut up. Well, second quickest after Ricksen stopped short YNWA. B-D

I only remember when they beat us 4 2 he got sent off
Indeed, I was at that game as well, still annoys me to this day how we threw that game away.

However, I'm sure he was sent off in a game when the new Copland road stand was opened but the Broomloan was demolished. Or perhaps Aitken? Another bitter bastard back then.

Edit: Just checked, yep it was Aitken we drew 2-2 in August 1979. It was a surreal day thinking back on it. I remember the filth only had the West Enclosure and we're getting pelters from the bears in the Main Stand above. I was in Copland Rd front that day, I think the ticket was ~ £3.00 or £3.50. Which was a bit of a hike from previous pay at the turnstile prices.

Last edited:
We all dream of a team of Davie Weirs

opoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(One for the older bears)

we’ve got Peter McCloy number one .....

Those were the days my friend
We took the Stratford End
We took the shed the north bank Highbury
We took the Villa too
And on the Molleneaux
Coz we’re the boys, the boys in Royal blue
Those were the days my friend
We took the septic end
We took the beech, we kicked the gorgy too
We took the firhill road & septic shat their load
Those were the days, Those were the days my friend

Would ye like a chicken supper bobby sands
Would ye like a chicken supper, ya durty fe**yin fu*ker

There's a wee narrow close, just by Bridgeton cross
And it's there is the place we call home
Where on the 12th we rejoin, to remember the Boyne
And let's pray to have no pope of rome
Ooooh no pope of rome, no chapels to sadden my eyes
No nuns & no priests, f*ck yer rosary beads
Everyday is the 12th of July.

One Friday night, the battle was over
The battlefield was drenched in blood
And there i saw a dying soldier
These were his words, before he went
God bless my wife and dear old Ulster
God bless the Queen, Queen Mother too
God bless those young, good Orange soldiers
Like you & you and you & you
Three cheers for the Red White & Blue
For Army & the Navy & the UVF (or the Red Hand Commandos of the UVF)

Last edited:
“We built this city on Jason Holt”

I also recall a Sasa Papac song which went to the tune of the tv show Heartbeat. Was this real or have I just dreamt it?! :D
The Jason Holt rendition of Spandeu ballet was a standard weekend-walking home pished song for me :))

Reactions: BWO
3 Little Birds

You can stick your Kenny Miller up your arse, was short lived until the 4-2 game.

Matt McKay’s digiredoo

Does anyone remember another terrible club sanctioned effort?

Went along the lines of “We are the Copland and we follow the Rangers and we welcome the chase”.

Every verse started with the name of a stand. Had a terrible backing track. I think this was a post Villarreal 06 “please don’t sing the Billy boys” endeavour.

Does anyone remember another terrible club sanctioned effort?

Went along the lines of “We are the Copland and we follow the Rangers and we welcome the chase”.

Every verse started with the name of a stand. Had a terrible backing track. I think this was a post Villarreal 06 “please don’t sing the Billy boys” endeavour.
Was in the wee blue book 06/07 season. Truly horrendous

THE Baku :)).

Brilliant song. LOL

Had a few great nights belting that one out on the bus back from Ibrox.

Back