Daily Mail says TLB to see out the season

No decent manager would want to take over at the moment. If Lennon does go, its more likely that they'll appoint Kennedy or Strachan to see out the season before getting a new man in.

Mark McGhee in at the end of the season. Early exit from Europe. Please, please make this happen.

I wonder what happens to Lennon after this? Will we finally have seen the last of his bigoted shit stained face in Scotland?

He's played for them, managed them twice and had the other green and white job in Edinburgh.

Surely nobody will touch him up here and he'll be down in the Championship/League 1 area.

They will delay season tickets until after we have won the title.

Then a day or two later they will sack/dispense of TRLB

Then to much hoo hah they will announce new manager and leaked targets.

Spin about modern manager new footballing structure blah blah - title challenge next season.

Then the letters will be posted out.

Their moronic fans will lap it up.
Agreed, but I think it's a risky strategy because they are underestimating the anger from their own support.

Hopefully it's another strategic disaster

They expected a precession to 'the 10' - and to hand over to Kennedy in a blaze of glory and sentimentality.

They have no Plan B.

Saves him coming out with the predictable "if I wasn't sacked I was confident of winning 10 in a row, but I wasn't given that chance"

Plus he'll be in charge for 55. Perfect.

Overhauling their football operations will probably involve looking at what we are doing and copy that.
If they were serious they'd be appointing the senior positions now so that they can assess what they have and what needs done and by who.
They need a Ross Wilson type to come in and do the hiring.
It's going to take time and they really have to get it right because we've got a head start on them.

Good luck punting season tickets when you could legitimately end up watching a team managed by Steve Clarke full of Kilmarnock rejects!

Desmond has some job on his hands this summer.

Needs a new CEO, who then needs to pick a new Manager, plus all the back room staff.

Not to mention, the Manager then needs to rebuild the team as they’ll all want off that bus.

I'm trying to stay away from threads about that mob but this is too good. They're bang in trouble from top to bottom with a manger who can't motivate his players and I'm fucking loving it.

Let them get Eddie Howe in the summer if they want. We've got Stevie Gerrard. %^*& them.

Guarantee they copy our model. Granted we are just doing what other forward thinking clubs down south are doing.

Forever in our shadow...

By keeping him till the end of the season when it’s in black and white that he’s not eligible for any bonuses that were written in for “10” or CL qualification, they save themselves a fair bit of cash plus the new manager isn’t tainted by the shit show of this season.

The big unknown is how much leaving him there could cost them in the long run...... hopefully lots!

I'd like them to get him! he makes teams hard to beat but essentially shite when cards are on the table will have to be a crash barrier imo they will be only ones interested :))

Not sure he’s a modern & forward thinking guy, but as you say an experienced Walter type almost.

I wouldn’t trust him to develop my young talent either MrsJR.

I think they would be happy with SC. His football would bore them to death but he hates us so he fits their profile search.
But where would Crocker go with "they know their football round these parts" as Clarke sets up a back three in the six yard box, a midfield in their 18 yard box and a lone striker.

Also, would the faithfull fru and fru accept Broadfoot into their bosom?

I wonder what happens to Lennon after this? Will we finally have seen the last of his bigoted shit stained face in Scotland?

He's played for them, managed them twice and had the other green and white job in Edinburgh.

Surely nobody will touch him up here and he'll be down in the Championship/League 1 area.

After 2 decades of everyone else in Scotland telling the mentally challengeds how much of a disgusting scumbag he is, it seems they have finally caught onto what we’ve been saying all along and it will be them that will chase him out of Scotland.

There is a hint of irony in there.

If ever there was a sign that the baton of TBY has been handed over, its retaining a failed manager who nobody wants and the players hate.

The strong rumours must be true the mentally challengeds can’t afford to pay him off at the moment... GIRFUY
It’s the double whammy of paying him off and putting together a huge package for a high profile new manager at the same time. They need fresh funds for that. I say sack TLB and give Gavin Strachan a crack at it.

Strangely it makes sense, no compo to another club for pinching their manager. No added wages for new appointments, paying someone on gardening leave. Or paying up his contract, cheapest option really.

Good, I want that little prick here when we lift the title!

He'll go before that happens.

I'm sure a poster on here called it that this would happen.

So, that means his 12month rolling contract has been terminated, but when? Also "would prefer to keep him" that'll instil confidence in his squad B-D

But where would Crocker go with "they know their football round these parts" as Clarke sets up a back three in the six yard box, a midfield in their 18 yard box and a lone striker.

Also, would the faithfull fru and fru accept Broadfoot into their bosom?
Crocker would find a way to praise them .

Its the bi polar opposite of the Brendan blue print that they crave.

Strangely it makes sense, no compo to another club for pinching their manager. No added wages for new appointments, paying someone on gardening leave. Or paying up his contract, cheapest option really.
The biscuit tin mentality has never left them.

Overhauling their football operations will probably involve looking at what we are doing and copy that.
If they were serious they'd be appointing the senior positions now so that they can assess what they have and what needs done and by who.
They need a Ross Wilson type to come in and do the hiring.
It's going to take time and they really have to get it right because we've got a head start on them.
Sssshhhhhhhh. Don't tell them ffs!

JadedUnknownAmericanratsnake-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Celtic 'would prefer' to keep Neil Lennon until the end of the season ahead of operations overhaul​

The Parkhead club are said to be keen to keep their manager in place until this season is wrapped up at which point they intend to reshape the football department.

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report.

The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a 'state-of-play' video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week's apology over the trip to Dubai.
He's working his notice.

Well that will save them a few bob. Money must be getting tighter over there.
Huge wage bill, and possible court action shortly, so makes sense go for the cheap option.

If this is true then Lennon already knows he's getting punted at the end of the season. Wonder what effect that will have on his motivation and "professionalism" in the role.

The guy that runs Kerryfail might need to give up his day job just to keep on top of things over the next few months B-D

Commence the fire sale .
Let the Japanese eyed pea bring in the replacements.
Let the cards collapse.

Final nail to get these cnts to face the law for their criminal past.

Makes sense if its a rolling contract.....

but no manager in their right mind would touch that job

Back