Daily Mail says TLB to see out the season

I think Clarke will knock it back Scotland have a favorable world cup qualifying group i think if he can be the man that can get Scotland to two major tournaments thats more appealing than a complete rebuild when down sizing with them the recognition he'd get with archiving that with Scotland is way bigger than he'll get with them or any mid table English side

Yes FN, a Killie fan in my work told me 2/3 years ago that Clarke said he’d never take either of the Gladgow club jobs, because the hassle wasn’t worth it.

So there’s a big chance he would.

Not read the whole thread but common sense says this has always been the case.

If they sack him now and bring in someone permanent they'll be forever tainted after losing the league even though the damage would already have been done. Keep him to take all the damage then start again in the summer.

He'll only be sacked if they are genuinely in a battle for third

Last edited:
Yes FN, a Killie fan in my work told me 2/3 years ago that Clarke said he’d never take either of the Gladgow club jobs, because the hassle wasn’t worth it.

Clarke said this when asked if he was sounded out for our vacancy. I think he pointed to the sectarian/bigotry angle when saying he doesn't need the hassle.

If they sack him now and bring in someone permanent they'll be forever tainted after losing the league even though the damage would already have been done. Keep him to take all the damage the start again in the summer.

Likewise for me. Wouldn’t surprise me if they haven’t already started his notice period now so that they have less to Kay come the end of the season. I think it was mentioned on here, or may lifted from one of their sites, that if they sacked him now they would be liable for bonuses for the league and 10 in a row. Not sure if that is true or not but would make sense financially if they are struggling.

Brilliant
Well worth it for the comedy value alone .
Maybe the Celtic board aren't stupid... they may see the opportunity for a movie here.

I'm trying to stay away from threads about that mob but this is too good. They're bang in trouble from top to bottom with a manger who can't motivate his players and I'm fucking loving it.

Let them get Eddie Howe in the summer if they want. We've got Stevie Gerrard. %^*& them.
You mean like a House of Cards built of shifting sands, that kind of trouble?

With the world cup being next year he can potentially have two tournaments back to back if they qualify he could do that then retire happily a hero for many people. Clark's a wank but he's not stupid he's got Scotland set up and playing a certain way with a young playing squad who are buying into what he wants he's not swapping that for a team who are all over the place Nicky hammond who picks who they sign and your better players all being sold because they want out. I think they'll take a punt on someone forginen with no links to to try and be all hipsterish or they'll go with similar to what we done with Gerrard a big name with not much experience as its easy to get a pissed off fanbase to buy into if they sell it as a project

With the world cup being next year he can potentially have two tournaments back to back if they qualify he could do that then retire happily a hero for many people. Clark's a wank but he's not stupid he's got Scotland set up and playing a certain way with a young playing squad who are buying into what he wants he's not swapping that for a team who are all over the place Nicky hammond who picks who they sign and your better players all being sold because they want out. I think they'll take a punt on someone forginen with no links to to try and be all hipsterish or they'll go with similar to what we done with Gerrard a big name with not much experience as its easy to get a pissed off fanbase to buy into if they sell it as a project

Yes. It would also buy their board a couple of years if presented as a project a la Steven mate.

If they sack him now and bring in someone permanent they'll be forever tainted after losing the league even though the damage would already have been done. Keep him to take all the damage then start again in the summer.

I’d say they are in a battle for third now .’the sheep and spoon burners are 6/7 points behind them although they’ve played more games . No way will the beggars go without dropping anymore points

Apparently Howe is going to be their next manager next season, the finishing touches are being applied and Jason Tindall will be his assistant.
People I know who are close to Celtc are saying he will be unveiled on the 29th.
Martin Reilly (Whoever the %^*& he is) is negotiating with Neic Lennons severence payout
BRING IT ON!!!
Jason Tindall isn't going to leave being manager of Bournemouth to become assistant manager of Celtic. The question I've always had with Howe is that when Howe left (was sacked) Bournemouth why didn;t they get shot of Tindall at the same time? Unless of course, Tindall was the real deal between the two.

I honestly don't think they will make 2nd place if this is true. It is so toxic over there.

They have 16 games left still have to play and it is mostly the tougher games they have left.

Us twice
Aberdeen 3 times
Hibs away
Kilmarnock away
Livingston away
St Mirren away

I honestly don't think they will make 2nd place if this is true. It is so toxic over there.

They have 16 games left still have to play and it is mostly the tougher games they have left.

Us twice
Aberdeen 3 times
Hibs away
Kilmarnock away
Livingston away
St Mirren away
A point missed by many. We have, to this point, played more of the "traditional" tough away games than they have, We have 5 homes to play before the split, starting with Ross County tomorrow, all against sides 6th place and below. Win all 5 games will put us on 81 points, probably more than enough to win the title.

CQN, aka Lawwells fluffers, writing that Howe is a no-go and that Twat Busby is staying out of loyalty to the plaxers he convinced to stay for 'the 10*'.

Also saying the next appointment will be someone on the way up who is better than Delia but not reached the attention of the big 5.............. maybe rhymes with 'Plaque Loss'.

B-D B-D

Celtic 'would prefer' to keep Neil Lennon until the end of the season ahead of operations overhaul​

The Parkhead club are said to be keen to keep their manager in place until this season is wrapped up at which point they intend to reshape the football department.

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report.

The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a 'state-of-play' video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week's apology over the trip to Dubai.
Tbh makes sense

Anyone coming in now won’t be able to change much right now

Us twice
Aberdeen 3 times
Hibs away
Kilmarnock away
Livingston away
St Mirren away
Why not?

They're only 6 and 7 ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen and their current form is poor.

God knows we managed to slip to third more than once in recent memory!

Celtic 'would prefer' to keep Neil Lennon until the end of the season ahead of operations overhaul​

The Parkhead club are said to be keen to keep their manager in place until this season is wrapped up at which point they intend to reshape the football department.

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report.

The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a 'state-of-play' video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week's apology over the trip to Dubai.
I love the spin.
They ‘would prefer’ to keep him. Read they don’t want to pay him £1m to go away and he is not quitting.
And whoever they have tapped up has said ‘no thank you’.

He must be threatening to go nuclear if Lawell sacks him,he was there in 2012 when that club were up to their eyeballs in dirty tricks
He was sent out to the mhedia on many occasions to talk about financial doping,lance armstrong, being cheated out of trophies and medals etc

McCarthy with Roy Keane?
No chance they hate each other , so the obvious Catholic appointment will be clark after the euros , but I think clark will have to resign first as they will not want to pay compensation for him .

The way they are going they will also be giving us a big head start next season, they are a shambles and the time for action was months ago

They're going to do what they always do and copy Rangers with the structure.

The difference is that we have a huge pull to players in our manager. We are also going to be able to offer a better chance at CL football and a club clearly on the up. We have a fanbase "aye ready" to pump money in because of our love for our own club. They have a fanbase who won't pay for another season like this.

They better start to spend a bit better or things could be bad for a long time. We won't let them back up through complacency.

No chance they hate each other , so the obvious Catholic appointment will be clark after the euros , but I think clark will have to resign first as they will not want to pay compensation for him .
I did propose that pairing with tongue in cheek.
SFA Pete will not ask scum fc for compo.

I wonder what happens to Lennon after this? Will we finally have seen the last of his bigoted shit stained face in Scotland?

He's played for them, managed them twice and had the other green and white job in Edinburgh.

Surely nobody will touch him up here and he'll be down in the Championship/League 1 area.
Bt sports as a pundit. Nothing surer

The strong rumours must be true the mentally challengeds can’t afford to pay him off at the moment... GIRFUY

Don’t believe that tbh. If that was the case, he’d have been given his 1 year notice and he’d be working it now. Come the summer they’d then only need to pay him off for 8 months as opposed to 12.

He’ll be away in the summer, but in place until they have their new strategy figured out.

They have a massive rebuilding job on their hands and therefore I just don’t see a big manager wanting to work with players for 4 months that he’s not going to have. Added to which surely they will change the structure of their recruitment team before appointing a manager.

Think they’ll announce that Lennon will leave after his contract expires at the end of the year

Don’t believe that tbh. If that was the case, he’d have been given his 1 year notice and he’d be working it now. Come the summer they’d then only need to pay him off for 8 months as opposed to 12.

He’ll be away in the summer, but in place until they have their new strategy figured out.
If he went now theyd have to pay a new manager while paying Lennon at the same time, unless one of the backroom staff took over.

Looks like McCarthy is odds on to get the Cardiff job

If he went now theyd have to pay a new manager while paying Lennon at the same time, unless one of the backroom staff took over.

Yes agreed, however they could still let him see the season out while working his notice. Alternatively give him his notice, stick him on leave and let one of the backroom team takeover. Which ever way, if he’s not going to be there next season, he’s as well getting his notice now, who knows, he may actually have been given it in December?

It’s kind of obvious that it’s a money issue. If they could afford to sack him he would have gone ages ago.

The sugar daddy Desmond is obviously not wants to spunk anymore of his money away. Dave King estimation of a house of cards I’m sure is soon to come to fruition.

Ah the punishment, gets to stay in charge to the bitter end. Cant complain to anyone daft enough to listen he'd have caught us up had he not been sacked. Love it.

Pointless getting rid of him till the end of the season the league is gone,They will have things in place at the end of the season for their new man probably a coach who is not presently in work to save them cash.

Love it. They've given up, they are a dead in the water.

As Monty Python would say, they've passed on! This Celt*c challenge is no more! They have ceased to be! They've expired and gone to meet their maker. 'Lennon is a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If Lawell hadn't nailed 'im to the dugout 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CELT*C MANAGER.

I hope this is the case, as I want to witness the pain in his ugly mug the closer we get to the title.

Back