Former captain

Wazzah

Which formerclub captain would you love to see lift the title

Also can't wait to see tav lift it

Yeah Lee Wallace.

Would be a nice touch from the club (when the time comes) to acknowledge somehow all the players and captains that have led us back to the top.

I really hope they are considering some kind of fitting tribute.

Honestly none, This is Tav's title and he probably deserves it more than any captain previous or in my lifetime anyway
Good point. If we include caretakers he's played under 5 managers and suffered a fair amount of abuse from all quarters. Through it all I can't think of any adverse publicity through his conduct as the Rangers captain. He'll have really earned his place in our history.

Yeah Lee Wallace.

Would be a nice touch from the club (when the time comes) to acknowledge somehow all the players and captains that have led us back to the top.

I have absolutely no desire to see guys like Kevin Kyle, Michael O'Halloran & Ian Black anywhere near Ibrox ever again.

What is it with these threads? We have a captain, he is more than deserving to lift the title for us.
I don't think any one thinks it should not be JT. It's just something to talk about while we wait for tomorrow.

Same as there are loads of Ceptic threads. Not necessary, just passing the time ( and having a right royal laugh).

Yeh, it’s Tav. Pretty much every other Captain we’ve had has had the pleasure of a trophy lift anyway. The only thing I ever would add to these hypotheticals about trophy lifts and flag unfurling would be to have a representative of the fans there, not a high profile one per se, just Joe Bloggs off the street as a representation of our loyalty over the years.

Yeah Lee Wallace.

Not for me.

They got their recognition when they won the league trophies. Their time has been and they’ve received our gratitude at the time.

It’ll be this group of players and staff who deserve all the credit.

As mentioned there’s been some absolute leeches on our way up as well, on and off the pitch.

Tav will do me fine.

He wasn’t my first pick and there’s been plenty of times in his Rangers career I would have chased him but he’s displayed real grit, perseverance and a degree of flair to come back.

He’s got all the qualities that make a great Rangers man.

If we get this over the line, realistically, we should have a massive gathering on the pitch.

King to raise the flag.

Wallace
Jig
Alexander
McCoist

Plenty more - but all should be invited onto the pitch.

Not going to happen, but years back Klitschko walked out to holograms of other boxers.

Imagine Tav walking past our previous captains to lift it? Ricksen would be particularly emotional.
That would be amazing!

Feel quite emotional just thinking about it.

I don't think any one thinks it should not be JT. It's just something to talk about while we wait for tomorrow.

Same as there are loads of Ceptic threads. Not necessary, just passing the time ( and having a right royal laugh).
I read that as John Terry at first, and to be fair he'd probably try and nick the spotlight off Tav if he thought he could

We have a Captain, and James Tavernier is his name. He will be lifting the Championship Trophy, in what will be our 55th title win, and rightly so.

Back