Gerrard after this season?

greggakd

I’ve seen and heard a lot of folk on social media and phone ins etc suggest that if/when we lift 55 he will feel he has done what he came to do and look to move on. A few I’ve seen even said goldson and tav might be thinking the same. Couple that with Liverpool’s turn in form and some suggesting if that continues klopp might get the sack.

I personally can’t see it myself, and I imagine he is quite happy cutting his teeth in Scotland at the moment but what would I know! the fact I’ve seen it mentioned a few times got me a little worried at the thought.

I’ve seen and heard a lot of folk on social media and phone ins etc suggest that if/when we lift 55 he will feel he has done what he came to do and look to move on. A few I’ve seen even said goldson and tav might be thinking the same. Couple that with Liverpool’s turn in form and some suggesting if that continues klopp might get the sack.

I personally can’t see it myself, and I imagine he is quite happy cutting his teeth in Scotland at the moment but what would I know! the fact I’ve seen it mentioned a few times got me a little worried at the thought.
Hi Neil, no I think he’ll stay for the champions league

I’ve always thought it’s mad to say when he came in that we almost want him to leave to go down south because it will be because he has been successful.

now the thought makes me sick haha

Hi Robert hiya pal.

The Gaffer is going nowhere after 55, there is only one job he will leave for and thats not vacant for the foreseeable, a pop at the Champ League next year and back up this seasons forthcoming achievements with 56 next season will be the target moving forward

Reactions: Ter
Champions League qualification with us is a free hit so I think he will want a go at it.

He'll stay and we'll draw liverpool in the groups stages of the champions league you just know its going to happen
ohh yes now, a trip to glasgow my kinda scene, klopp wont get sacked and stevie g will want to win the Cl with yous.. Rangers-Liverpool in the CL fucking magic, who's got a spare couch for that one ?

He will stay here until Liverpool pick up the phone. He will want a go at the CL with us and knows Liverpool will want to see how well he can perform in the CL.

I don't think he's ready for the jump yet. He's not won anything here yet. 55 is pretty much wrapped up but you just need to look at the st mirren game. He still has flaws and a failure in Cup games.

I think he'll lift us to 55 and want to take us into the CL. And for that I'm absolutely buzzing to hear that music when we get back to Ibrox.

Unless he gets offered Liverpool or the England job I’m sure Gerrard is at Rangers for a wee while yet.

He will want some CL experience with Rangers. I get the feeling he has that fondness for our club that many get. He is a proper football guy and sees exactly the size of the job at Rangers compared to a mid table EPL team

Going nowhere,especially if and when he wins a trophy in front of our legions....he'll have his senses knocked for 6 and then he'll know we are a top british,european and world club ,full of tradition.

I'd be surprised if him and Tav/Goldson don't fancy a go at the Champions League, Tav especially given the level he's been with us from. Beyond that, given our record in Europe I'd be shocked if Gerrard isn't looking at it and thinking he has the opportunity to be relatively competitive in the Champions League never mind just qualifying for it, which would be another boon to his reputation.

I think Gerrard's exit in the long-term will mostly be dependent on factors out with our control. He won't leave for the sake of it or to a job which is stacked against him from the off, but if an offer came in similar to the one Rodgers got at Leicester with a young talented team that he had the opportunity to take to the next level and compete at the top end of the Prem (or perhaps abroad) then I think he'd take it.

In any case, I'd be shocked if he seen it as 'job done' after this year or even the year after, short of an offer he couldn't refuse. There's still plenty of levels he can take us through, particularly in Europe. Fingers crossed then that any such offer is years away , and there are several trophies and memories yet to be made in the Gerrard era.

Where this nonsense emanating from?

Is it just coming from mentally challengeds?

Here’s my take. If you turn down millions of pounds (and trophies) at Chelsea/Manchester United to remain loyal to Liverpool as a player. Then why on earth would you manage against them later on?

In my honest opinion I can only see Gerrard as Liverpool and England manager in the future from the available British jobs. I wouldn’t rule him out managing in the continent but with a young family I can’t see that happening for 15 or so years.

Obviously things can change drastically but them 2 jobs I mentioned are pretty secure at the moment.

If, and hopefully when, we get to 55, I will put money on the Manager leading us into Europe regardless of who comes after him.

Unless he gets offered Liverpool or the England job I’m sure Gerrard is at Rangers for a wee while yet.

He will want some CL experience with Rangers. I get the feeling he has that fondness for our club that many get. He is a proper football guy and sees exactly the size of the job at Rangers compared to a mid table EPL team
Was about to say similar. To me Gerrard wants to not only win trophies, but build and mould the club into a modern club respected worldwide for its ethos.

The idea he’s going to end up at Liverpool because they’ve fallen 6 points behind and may not win the title this season is preposterous to be honest. He hasn’t even got a trophy in the bag yet and Klopp’s only got the league title and Champions league in his.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere next season, he’s about to become a Rangers legend, he’ll want his well earned crack at the CL too and the chance to retain the title and leave us in a really great place. Even then I still don’t think he’ll be Liverpool’s next option.

I think Gerrard's enjoying the job as manager so much here that he'd ask Liverpool to wait a year or two if they offered the job at the end of this season! Besides, he's a guy with a lot of self awareness, so it wouldn't surprise me if he also thinks he still needs to develop further before being the right person for the Liverpool job.

Nothing to stop us renewing his contract though and including in it an apt 55 million transfer fee for the club that wants him!

Gerrard is going nowhere.

He wants to leave a legacy behind him here, he's already said that publicly.

The gaffer will have 2 jobs in his managerial career.. Rangers & Liverpool.

He'll be here next season and hopefully gain good experience in the CL along with adding more silverware.

Here’s my take. If you turn down millions of pounds (and trophies) at Chelsea/Manchester United to remain loyal to Liverpool as a player. Then why on earth would you manage against them later on?

In my honest opinion I can only see Gerrard as Liverpool and England manager in the future from the available British jobs. I wouldn’t rule him out managing in the continent but with a young family I can’t see that happening for 15 or so years.

Obviously things can change drastically but them 2 jobs I mentioned are pretty secure at the moment.
It’s been brought up once or twice this week on ssb and I’ve seen a few posts on Twitter. I’ve only seen and heard rangers fans talking about it

As usual it's coming from our own fans, there was a crackpot on Clyde earlier lining up Garry McCallister for next season.

Gerrard has already hinted he is here for the longterm so I think we will get 2 more seasons from him.

Gerrard imo is an honest/loyal humble guy, 8 years of age till 34 with one club tells me that.
Rangers have been brilliant for Gerrard and Gerrard has been brilliant for Rangers,he dived in at the deep end and was learning on the hoof but now we are seeing the man growing in stature week by week.
Plenty offers will come his way with mega salaries and budgets we can only dream of, he will leave with the plaudits and respect of every Rangers fan when the time comes, but he will know just who gave him the opportunity and will not be itching to jump at the first offer.

Back