Rangers boss Gerrard backs Premiership rivals after Lennon and McInnes claims

BlueMeanie

STEVEN GERRARD has defended Premiership rivals over Covid-19 safety fears — and says clubs have gone “above and beyond”.
Hampden’s Joint Response Group has asked teams to conduct an urgent review of procedures after complaints from bosses Neil Lennon and Derek McInnes.
⚠️
Rangers boss Gerrard says clubs have gone above and beyond

But Rangers manager Gerrard takes a different view and revealed he’s had no issues at any away grounds this season.
He said: “We have been very satisfied. I think you can see all the efforts across the board. Everyone’s doing whatever they can in their own situation and going above and beyond to try and make it as safe as possible for everyone visiting the grounds.
“It’s none of my business to comment on what other clubs are doing, but I have been impressed by the effort everyone has tried to make.
“Our focus has been very much on trying to make Rangers the best and safest place for people to come in, to give people the best areas and try to treat them as best as we can.

“I’ve been so impressed by our medical department, led by Dr Mark Waller, in terms of what they have done and given through this pandemic.
“They have tried to make Ibrox the best and safest place for our own players and staff, but also for people coming in from a distance.”

Gerrard may well be a modern day manager but his behaviour and attitude would grace any era of Rangers boss before him.

It's not necessarily what he says but how he communicates his feelings. The comments in the OP are telling without being drawn in to naming others or getting in to a slanging match.

STEVEN GERRARD has defended Premiership rivals over Covid-19 safety fears — and says clubs have gone “above and beyond”.
Hampden’s Joint Response Group has asked teams to conduct an urgent review of procedures after complaints from bosses Neil Lennon and Derek McInnes.
⚠️
Rangers boss Gerrard says clubs have gone above and beyond

But Rangers manager Gerrard takes a different view and revealed he’s had no issues at any away grounds this season.
He said: “We have been very satisfied. I think you can see all the efforts across the board. Everyone’s doing whatever they can in their own situation and going above and beyond to try and make it as safe as possible for everyone visiting the grounds.
“It’s none of my business to comment on what other clubs are doing, but I have been impressed by the effort everyone has tried to make.
“Our focus has been very much on trying to make Rangers the best and safest place for people to come in, to give people the best areas and try to treat them as best as we can.

“I’ve been so impressed by our medical department, led by Dr Mark Waller, in terms of what they have done and given through this pandemic.
“They have tried to make Ibrox the best and safest place for our own players and staff, but also for people coming in from a distance.”
Ooft, take that. Perfect timing, the only comment needing to be made. 100% pure class

On the side of the good guys is our manager, particularly over this situation. 2 other odious self serving, self protecting deflectors are on the side of the bad guys

Funniest thing is, because this has come from the Rangers manager, the filth and sheep who despise their own managers will now get back to frothing at the mouth sevcoism to back these guys they are desperate to get shot of.

Magnificent work from our manager.

Who to believe.

A world renowned and respected figure in football who has been nothing but class in whatever he does.

A alcoholic conspiracy theorist who is a laughing stock even to his own supporters and who is a ned in everything he does.

Tough one.

Gerrard is an absolute class act.

imagine being a genuine outsider and just looking in at Scottish football, you see a calm measured Gerrard versus a snarling Lennon, a Goodwin intelligent response of how to deal with issues versus Lennon and Mcinness moaning - wtf would you think?

This is what you want to see. The cream rising to the top. Gerrard speaking for Rangers and we're backing the other teams.

If you want a "leader" for the SPFL there you go. This is what we should be using in the close season to front change.

Yaaaaaas tell them Stevie!!!

And look at that photo, you have to admit he’s a handsome bastard. Its not like the opposite side of the city where the man in charge has a coupon like a Halloween cake.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Absolute class as usual from the gaffer.

Recognises that most clubs in our league have very limited resources but that they are trying their best in difficult circumstances. Smart move to back them imo, even though our club more than any other have been wronged in the past by most of them.

Surely to %^*& some of the other chairmen and boards in the spfl must now be starting to realise that they've backed the wrong horse by giving in to every whim from the vermin from across the city. This is the thanks they get for it - publically attacked by a raging tramp of a manager and zero defence from the spfl. Now is the time for these clubs in our league to finally grow a pair and ramp up the pressure on Celtic and the corrupt cabal that run.our game and finally, unequivocally demand change.

Glad the manager came out in support of the other clubs here. If we had any issue I would like to think we would say to the clubs directly and not through the media. The way that Tlb and McInnes have went about this reminds me of those who say they are going to the ombudsman before a complaint is even raised with the company or they plaster it over social media without giving right of reply beforehand. I hope more come out and support their fellow clubs as they are all working in more challenging circumstances. It can be easy to criticise but better to put point across in constructive manner to get positive result.

Back