Hagi - slowly turning into the playmaker we have needed for years?

A hard worker who covers a lot of ground He seems to attract a lot of heavy challenges in a game but bounces back up, always carrys a threat either with a subtle pass or a snap shot, does not always come of for him but never hides, another good player to have in our squad.

He's not allowing Tav to pull away from him.

gn22.png

Three assists in Europa League as well.

6 players, 5 of them ours B-D

I'd like to see the stat of free kicks won in final third, it must be close to the best in the league and with tav and Borna on dead balls they are a huge part of our game.

Hagi has the work rate and desire to become a superstar, only time will tell how he actually matures, but he has all the necessary tools to go with his talent. Once he has a medal or two round his neck watch him thrive. The boy wants to win, and recognises this is a club in his image too.

Firstly, excellent OP.

I’ve liked Hagi from day one.

He’s got the brilliant mix of talent, a hard work ethic, and a maturity that’s rare in a young footballer.

He’ll do some amazing things for us and go on to have a fantastic career.

We’re lucky to have him – but he’s lucky to be at our club under Gerrard.

Hagi and Rangers are a match made in heaven.
I believe that's why his old man wants him here at this period of his career.
His time at The Rangers will define his career.

He’s class but sometimes infuriates me but he makes a difference still young
We all just need to patient with hagi , there will come a time when he will move onto what he thinks might be a bigger/better club / league, so let’s just appreciate /watch him grow into the star he will become , Rangers will always be his first love of that there is know doubt. Enjoy

The lad is a fantastic player. Great touch and poise on the ball. Draws fouls and is a danger from range. Makes things happen. He is still a young lad too....lots to.come from him. What a squad we have just now B-) B-)

He’s a fantastic player .
Always looks for the ball
His assists and the ability to draw fouls on the edge of the box are one of the reasons where we are in the league .
He get kicked and fouled all the time just gets up , dusts himself down and goes again .
If we get a consistent Hagi we have some player on our hands .
Love the guy

He has everything in his locker to reach the very top in the game and Gerrard is just the man to bring out the very best in him.

The thing I really like about Hagi is that because he’s a skilful and quite wee player.

The other team often give him niggly fouls and try bully him but he’s really starting to give those kicks back and it’s great to see.

Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.
Hes young and makes the wrong choice at times but he is exactly what we've been missing, we just need to show some patience with the lad.

I think he will benefit the more physical and powerful players he has around him as he needs that support. With the right players around him he has the touch and vision to take it up a level and be the true number 10 - no doubt about that.

The thing I really like about Hagi is that because he’s a skilful and quite wee player.

The other team often give him niggly fouls and try bully him but he’s really starting to give those kicks back and it’s great to see.
He wins so many fouls in dangerous areas.

Similair to Neymar in that respect. If he feels contact hes down. Free kick.

Master of the dark arts

Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.
Me too!

Loved how he managed to claw the ball back from an opponent on at least 4 occasions.
He gives the ball away frustratingly at times but he has a tenacity that all our players have in that he works his arse of to get it back.

Its clearly a trait the scouting team look for.

Motm today no doubt. But we must be realistic in terms of today’s opposition and his inability to consistently produce for us.

Really like Hagi, sometimes it comes off for him sometimes it doesn’t but he’s always looking to try thread it through or create something no matter how many dont come off beforehand. Consistency will come aswell, still young and tbf this is probably the first team he’s came to where he’s really settled

But he’s to wee and soft to play for us in Scotland.
He doesn’t play for 90 mins.
Blah blah blah

His ability in the final third is 2nd to none, unfortunately his lack of athleticism shows up elsewhere and he becomes an easy target for people looking for something to moan about

He brings a lot to the team that often goes under the radar. Fact is he’s the one most likely to try things but also the one who it’s most likely it won’t come off. He’s shown a few times in big games it just takes one moment to change the game. Just need to be patient with him and realise it won’t always come off every week, especially against the cloggers.

the amount of assists he gets and the amount of chances he creates shouldn’t be forgotten even when he’s supposedly in and out the team and low on form. Invaluable.

His ability in the final third is 2nd to none, unfortunately his lack of athleticism shows up elsewhere and he becomes an easy target for people looking for something to moan about
He’s slow but he presses the ball well. Doesn’t win it back often but he’s pressing and allowing Aribo or Kamara etc to recover possession. The fact he’s slow is the reason he’s playing in Scotland - if he had a proper burst of pace I’ve no doubt he’d be in La Liga / Liga Nos.

He was flinging himself at some tackles as well. I think he (and his old man who obviously guides him) know what it means to be here, and realistically Rangers can be used to be a massive stepping stone for the future if he puts the work in.

Has always looked like a player with something special in him, looks to bedealing woth the physical side of the game better now

A lot of creative players don’t like to put the effort in, chasing back, etc. You can’t say that about him.

That would have been some goal if he’d kept that shot down a few more inches today.

The kind of player that’ll get better with even better players around him.

I'd like to see his running stats. He must cover huge ground every game.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he has most assists in the team too.
Quality player.

I'd like to see his running stats. He must cover huge ground every game.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he has most assists in the team too.
Quality player.

Joint top assists with Tav now.

In terms of distance covered, heard earlier this week Roofe does the most running in our team.

Regarding Hagi, brilliant today. He's really coming onto a game now that he's been getting some starts under his belt. Not sure I agree we've been waiting on a playmaker for years and Hagi is it, think that does Aribo and Kent a dis-service.

Totally agree with the Doc. Aye the boy can frustrate us at times, but he’s learning and could end up being absolute class. You can see it already in snatches. Vision, that’s what he’s about for me. The execution will come

Another excellent game from Hagi today.

The Dhims go on about Turnbull like he’s the new saviour. Yet compare his stats this season to Hagi. Similar ages, similar fees.

Premier League stats from Transfermarkt:

Starts: Hagi 14, Turnbull 14
Minutes Played: Hagi 1265 mins, Turnbull 1218 mins
Goals: Hagi 3, Turnbull 5
Assists: Hagi 9, Turnbull 2

Yet one is hailed as their saviour and certain starter and the other, by some, as a fringe player fighting to keep his place.

I think people forget he's not long turned 22.

Compare Hagi at just turned 22 to Kent 6 months in just turned 22. Kent was exciting but no end product and inconsistent, Hagi has the end product but is inconsistent.

Hagi will grow into his role and develop that consistency and knock out some of the more frustrating aspects of his game.

The Dhims go on about Turnbull like he’s the new saviour. Yet compare his stats this season to Hagi. Similar ages, similar fees.

Yet one is hailed as their saviour and certain starter and the other, by some, as a fringe player fighting to keep his place.
Hagi's changed games for us in Europe too.

Played really well and his effort and work rate is second to none.
His work rate is tremendous, at times his first touch lets him down lets the ball get away from him and losses possession. Yet, on occasion his touch is sublime. Frustrating, however he is coming along very nicely indeed. Would love to see one of his long range efforts hit back of net.

I've always liked him and thought he would get the right coaching to bring the best out of him.

He's contributed to where we are this season from day one and he's fighting hard for his Jersey. Can't ask more of him

No offence OP but your titles out, he has been a grade A signing since day 1. I'm slighty amazed (only ightly It is FF afterall)some people still question his ability.

Performances like today are exactly what the management team saw in him. Here’s hoping it’s the start of us seeing it too

I think that is also about the quality we have,and the quality they have. Turnbull is now their best player. Hagi is one of a number of good players.

Back