Copa Libertadores 2020 - Final Live on IPlayer at 8pm Saturday

Also looked at Wikipedia and wonder why Santos ground capacity at home is so small , any reason behind that
Can remember them playing at that Stadium when they won this with Neymar I think, watched quite a few matches that season. Just a small Club really compared to other ones there. Vasco De Gama are similar in Rio really, quite a small Stadium.

Edited:

Looks like they played the latter stages at Pacaembu, which is a famous Stadium in Sao Paolo.

Ok I’m going to ask the question, what level in European terms where the two teams last night?

I’m going to say last 16/8 champions league level
Going forward they are that level. But at the back I think our team is stronger defensively. Although I did turn off when they kept showing the shite that the Santos manager had on his t shirt. Hope Palmeiras pump them just for that.

Ok I’m going to ask the question, what level in European terms where the two teams last night?

I’m going to say last 16/8 champions league level
I think you are being very generous mate, I’d be surprised if any South American team even made it out of the CL groups.

Enjoyed that. Been surprised how open the games over the last couple of rounds have been. Final hard to pick, Santos looked better but they’re behind Palmeiras in the league and it’s a one-off game .... looking forward to it anyhow.
It will be a major shock from what I've seen, if Santos don't skoosh the final against Palmeiras.

I notice from Wikipedia that games between the clubs are called "The Nostalgia Derby". I think Santos will be able to look back with satisfaction years from now, as they remember that night in the Maracana.
Palmeiras are evens to win the Final in 90, 8/13 to lift the Trophy.

EsWYrKCXMAMqi0X

There's a brief preview of the final in the BBC World Football Show (link below).

Also, a report on the Chilean league and the possibility of both the country's biggest clubs, Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile, facing a relegation battle, all due to the consequences of last season's championship being curtailed due to Covid.

Perhaps Chilebear could provide some local insight into this?
"BBC World Service - World Football, The Thomas Tuchel diet: No wheat, no sugar" https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cszthb

LiveOnSat says it's on the iPlayer tomorrow night.

Probably stating the obvious in a thread for people who care but for those who don't. Maybe stick it in the thread title to attract interest?

Thread title edited.

Thanks for the idea. :)

There's a brief preview of the final in the BBC World Football Show (link below).

Also, a report on the Chilean league and the possibility of both the country's biggest clubs, Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile, facing a relegation battle, all due to the consequences of last season's championship being curtailed due to Covid.

Perhaps Chilebear could provide some local insight into this?
"BBC World Service - World Football, The Thomas Tuchel diet: No wheat, no sugar" https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cszthb

In case you missed it, Alianza Lima were relegated at the end of the year:

Some players to look out for from Santos:

Lucas Verissimo a centre back woul will going to Benfica once the final is finished.

Yeferson Soteldo. The 23 y/o Venezuelan is a real game changer. Surprisingly wasn't rated when in Chile but has blossomed since moving to Brazil.

Kai Jorge. His goal return is poor but he brings a lot to the team.

Santos out to 27/10 with Hills. League positions say Palmeiras but Santos arguably looked more impressive in the Semi Finals. Tempted Loyal B-D

I’m on Bein as I struggle with the commentary team on BBC however I could listen to Vickery all day. Love his South American football insight.

Latest posts

Back