The BBC Scotland shameful haters of Steven Gerrard

Bearinabluehose

Starting a campaign to get manager of the year title away from Steven Gerrard .

I hope they are drowning in salty tears .

*. Did this not happen to Walter years ago and Billy Reid was given it in front of him !

*. Did this not happen to Walter years ago and Billy Reid was given it in front of him !
It’s absolutely pathetic and so transparent.
While not taking away from what Martindale has achieved so far, it’s been two months he’s been in charge.
if Gerrard doesn’t win manager of the year it’s for reasons other than football, to appropriate a rather well used phrase from the mentally challengeds.

Are you only just realising this about the BBC?

You mean apart from the bit where they talk Stevie up in the quoted article?

Yip, Billy Reid got it the season we got to the UEFA Cup Final.

If it’s for the calendar year 2021 then he may be a contender in 11 months but if it’s based on the football year then it’s got to be Gerrard.

We want the title, Stevie G wants the title and to continue progressing as a club.
As far as being manager of the year, it's a bit early for Stewart to be giving his opinion on this, I'm sure as previous poster said SG has got bigger fish to fry.
Former HMP inmate Martindale has not been confirmed as yet if he is a fit and proper person to be a manager.
Who cares what Michael Stewart thinks, generally talks nonsense and tries to be anti RANGERS at any opportunity.
WATP

Is he even a manager yet did he pass his fit and proper thing.

Honestly they can have it, these things have always been pointless trinkets to keep mentally challengeds happy. If anything it just makes the organisers look daft when they do things like award Strachan manager of the year and Gary Caldwell player of the year while Walter and his boys walk off with the league trophy.

I certainly wouldn’t be worrying much about Stewart getting in on the act, it’ll be a small crumb of comfort for the guy who goes on Sportscene in a polo neck, looking like a blistered bell end peering out a foreskin.

I'm sure Gerrard will be happy with a league and Scottish Cup double and not concern himself too much with personal awards.

These types of journalists, types of opinions and articles are chosen because they stir up discussion.

On many levels (the editor, his employer and Stewart choosing what to write) are chosen specifically because they are offering a perspective that is the opposite of rangers.

Call it clickbait, call it trolling or call it clever marketing. Whatever you call it, it exists because you exist, it's done on purpose so that you will click and share and comment.

Ps. Back in the real world, Gerrard has been the best manager and will be awarded the MOTY award.

Livingston have had a great wee run there is no denying it. But let’s be honest the run is about to stop and I highly doubt will even make the top 6.

The ginger rent boy is just looking for a rise, to think we let him train with us for a while too!! :eek:

Michael-Stewart-loves-Rangers-7th-July-2004-3-3.jpg

I am just surprised they do not call him Slippy like every other Rangers hater in Scotland.

Only in this backwater of a country would a former drug dealer and a low life Snus consuming nutter be heralded as more worthy than an international footballing legend who has a tremendous record in Europe as a manager and is leading the league table by 23 points.

The manager who wins the league should be manager of the year
I wouldn't agree on that. What if the team predicted to be bottom ended up finishing second or third? There would surely be a major case for the manager exceeding all expectations.
For the articles side, this season has to go to us though.

These types of journalists, types of opinions and articles are chosen because they stir up discussion.

On many levels (the editor, his employer and Stewart choosing what to write) are chosen specifically because they are offering a perspective that is the opposite of Rangers.

Call it clickbait, call it trolling or call it clever marketing. Whatever you call it, it exists because you exist, it's done on purpose so that you will click and share and comment.
Spot on, I hate how journalism has long moved on from reporting fact to just getting an audience by any means. Transfer rumours is another example, time and time again they’re proven to know sweet FA but are never brought to task for constantly publishing and selling lies under the guise of it being an expert opinion. The amount of times we see “Celtic and Rangers are battling for x’s signature” when it’s simply not true is ridiculous, but if you add the other side, you get double the viewership.

Cup double, euro final and took the league to the last day and manager of the year was billy Reid for getting Hamilton promoted from the championship.

So transparent that this is just another attempt at deflecting just how sh*te the mentally challengeds have been, essentially this is to try and justify why they drew twice against Livingston.
I don’t deny Martindale has done really well ‘in 2 months’ and being undefeated in 10 games is a good record on there budget but ‘Manager of the year’ don’t make me laugh, ‘manager of the month’ is more likely but even then Gerrard should have that sewn up!

Wattie said - more than once - we never get given the credit we deserve

I've long since thought that no matter how successful we are - large sections of the media won't ever acknowledge it - let alone give it praise

Looks like it's exactly the same this time round

I really don't mind though - anyone that can't properly appreciate our success- well that's their loss

I'm all for giving credit where it's due by the way & that should include any lesser teams when it's warranted -
But to even consider dishing out MOTY awards to anyone other than SG is sheer hypocrisy imo

We are all missing who stewart really wants to get manager of the year. If he stays the course. It will be for poor wee down trodden Lennon and all the bigotry he’s had to endure and the pressure he’s had placed on him. Nothing surer from bio mechanics man

If Martindale wins the league cup and achieves top 6 then it's an unbelievable turnaround. The only plaudits we need will be the honours list in the history books and I wouldn't be too upset about matters

It’s absolutely pathetic and so transparent.
While not taking away from what Martindale has achieved so far, it’s been two months he’s been in charge.
if Gerrard doesn’t win manager of the year it’s for reasons other than football, to appropriate a rather well used phrase from the mentally challengeds.
This is actually making me laugh. Without doubt the best manager will be Steven Gerrard and then how do BBC Shcotland then present it, as they have banned themselves. Maybe the could leave it on the roundabout lol absolute bigoted clowns

And to think the sfa still hasn't give him the fit and proper persons test yet the bbc scotland want him as manager of the year

The bitter, pro RC, anti Rangers agenda has been clear to see for many, many years now.

From their journalists (say that lightly) to the folk in the lofty positions all seem to have a certain leaning... Hmm...

The chips on those shoulders will be getting far bigger once 55 is secured. Lol

F*#k the BEEB!

Back