Rangers administrators to get a public apology soon

These levels of payments to grown men who've been reputationally damaged temporarily needs remembered in a few months when considering 'whole lives' ruined and scars inflicted that can't be fixed with an apology and a bit of cash.

I bet our 'justice system' isn't able to compensate actual victims quite so well. Lets see how well the payouts fit the crimes. Think we already all know the answer. Disgusting. £10m each? For what?

Last edited:
it wasn’t the warrants it was Police Scotland acting outside the scope of the warrants and taking everything that meant the genuine evidence that lead to the prosecution was invalidated. If the evidence had been gathered as per the warrant there would have been a successful trial.
So what was the malice? Sounds like a a (massive) mistake rather than anything malicious?

These levels of payments to grown men who've been reputationally damaged temporarily needs remembered in a few months when considering 'whole lives' ruined and scars inflicted that can't be fixed with an apology and a bit of cash.

I bet our 'justice system' isn't able to compensate actual victims quite so well. Lets see if the how well the payout fits the crimes. Think we already all know the answer. Disgusting. £10m each? For what?

The reason the numbers are so high is that these guys have the ability and the financial backing to do real damage to the individuals involved. And they weren't backing down. Most victims don't have that.

Heads need to roll at the Crown Office and in the police over this. But they won't. This is hush money funded by the Scottish taxpayer.

The reason the numbers are so high is that these guys have the ability and the financial backing to do real damage to the individuals involved. And they weren't backing down. Most victims don't have that.

Heads need to roll at the Crown Office and in the police over this. But they won't. This is hush money funded by the Scottish taxpayer.
Yeah but how perverse is that? If you or I were wrongly arrested, charged, perhaps even convicted and jailed for a number of years, you think we'd get £10m in compensation?

Nail on head. He’s a massive celtic fan and the rumours are he wanted Rangers nailed and pursuing the administrators was a means to do that - presumably by discrediting the administrators and invalidating the process that ultimately helped us continue - even though it was with crooks. Mulholland didn’t have the evidence and Wolfe came in and saw that and had no alternative other than to call it as a malicious prosecution hence his apology for something that wasn’t actually his doing. Wolfe is a Jew with no interest in the OF. His predecessor is a big Celtic fan from Coatbridge.

This is how our legal system and politics is working at its most senior level. 400 years ago the same type of people would be burning you at the stake on a whim.

People of a celtc minded background cannot, generally, be trusted to act impartially on matters relating to our club. That's not even an insult or intended to slight; it's just a fact. When the government in Holyrood is putting such people in charge of our legal system (and is heavily reliant on their votes to stay in office) then that's never going to lead to anything good for Rangers.

If you look at some of the tweets further down there are people - who seem to be in the know to some degree - sort of excusing him for his role in the affair as he inherited the case from his predecessor, none other than...

... Frank Mulholland, often times defender of the Green Brigade.

"They poison every well they visit"

it wasn’t the warrants it was Police Scotland acting outside the scope of the warrants and taking everything that meant the genuine evidence that lead to the prosecution was invalidated. If the evidence had been gathered as per the warrant there would have been a successful trial.

If the warrants exceeded the scope defined and validated by the Crown Office, of course the cases were then going to collapse, mate. That was the intention of the Crown Office all along, to sabotage any potential prosecutions.

Whyte was desperate to get this crew as the administrators.

That surely says something.

I wouldn’t trust Mulholland as far as I’d throw him. He was personally responsible for dropping the rape case against David Goodwillie.

I wonder why.
Maybe Whyte understood HMRC and dark forces in Scotland wanted to kill Rangers. He knew if HMRC appointed administrators liquidation would have been inevitable. However, by appointing administrators himself, and perhaps he knew a bit about how D&P worked, he felt a CVA was possible, and he could get something for his shares.
It's ironic, but D&P appear to have done Rangers a turn by refusing to sell off Ibrox and the training ground. While our journey back was hard it would have been even harder, maybe even impossible, if we needed to rent Ibrox and the training ground off their new owners.

I'm not sure you can trust any of them.

I would add that most police forces - and I include London - don't have the skills, the experience, the training or the competence to investigate complex financial fraud which is why so many of these cases collapse in court.
Whilst this statement is generally correct, I would say that the City of London police (as distinct from the Met) are the best equipped force for this type of crime. I said almost 9 years ago that they should have been the force who investigated this, given the source of funds for the takeover was (ultimately) Octopus Investments (through Ticketus), based in London (albeit slightly outside the square mile).

Whyte so clearly committed a crime (financial assistance) in the acquisition of RFC plc that the prosecution should have been successful. If those who ran the prosecution were competent, then it acted “half-heartedly”.

As for Clark and Whitehouse... no, I don’t believe they acted in accordance with their professional ethics and standards. Whether they acted within the law itself, we will never know because the case management was so egregiously incompetent or corrupt that much of the evidence one way or another will never be made public. I have my suspicions, we all do. But either way, they will now benefit from the public hush money required to hide that incompetence / corruption.

I hope the administrators author a book on Rangers' administration. Despite our calls for the truth far too much is unknown. These guys might be our only hope of finally getting some answers.

The money lost through all of this should lead to an investigation into it all,Why did Murray sell to White, Why did HMRC go after Rangers so hard and at a vast cost to taxpayers for no financial benefit to them? Why have those admin got away with it. What has been the total cost of all of this over the piece and for what. All I can see is that mob benefitted at a cost to so many.

Whilst this statement is generally correct, I would say that the City of London police (as distinct from the Met) are the best equipped force for this type of crime. I said almost 9 years ago that they should have been the force who investigated this, given the source of funds for the takeover was (ultimately) Octopus Investments (through Ticketus), based in London (albeit slightly outside the square mile).

Whyte so clearly committed a crime (financial assistance) in the acquisition of RFC plc that the prosecution should have been successful. If those who ran the prosecution were competent, then it acted “half-heartedly”.

As for Clark and Whitehouse... no, I don’t believe they acted in accordance with their professional ethics and standards. Whether they acted within the law itself, we will never know because the case management was so egregiously incompetent or corrupt that much of the evidence one way or another will never be made public. I have my suspicions, we all do. But either way, they will now benefit from the public hush money required to hide that incompetence / corruption.

The Met might be the best equipped but they are still lacking. Having spent my career in audit, I know how long it takes to train staff to a level of competency for routine work and the level of experience and skill for the complicated stuff. I also know what these people earn and it's a lot more than the police pay. Even then, the really clever frauds are hard to catch and sometimes you need a bit of dumb luck.

As to the rest, I agree. However, we will never get to know the whole story. The hush money will be paid and it will be conveniently swept under the carpet.

The money lost through all of this should lead to an investigation into it all,Why did Murray sell to White, Why did HMRC go after Rangers so hard and at a vast cost to taxpayers for no financial benefit to them? Why have those admin got away with it. What has been the total cost of all of this over the piece and for what. All I can see is that mob benefitted at a cost to so many.

No chance of an investigation. The hush money will be - or has been - paid and neither party has any interest in the truth of the matter coming out.

I think they'd like it to seem that they have momentum (Anus and his fortnightly polls etc) but that's because they have such a tight grip of BBC Scotland/STV/ several newspapers etc. - the "scrutiny" they get is laughable! I definitely agree there's a large chunk of Scotland's population that are lost to the cult but %^*& them because they might shout the loudest but there's ultimately not enough of them! I genuinely feel their days in the sun are coming to an end!

Well I genuinely hope so but I don’t see any sign of it moving in that direction.

Reminds me of the discussions I had on here pre Dec 2019 General Election when several posters saw big Tory gains and Nat losses .... I saw it differently and sadly the Scottish voters did not disappoint.

I campaigned for No in 2014 and am a Tory member, so not exactly unsighted.

Whilst I agree that the unionist vote is often silent the cult have the momentum just now.

The Salmond accusations against the FM are a case in point - hardly anyone cares up here. “A technicality” or “Nicola has looked after us, who cares about that”.
Couldn't agree more, they get a free run here saying we speak for the people of Scotland ad nauseum, when they romp every election but it's only because the Unionist vote is split in every area. Serious times call for serious measures. Unionist parties should not oppose each other in seats where one can beat the Nationalist vote. It's the only way. The union is at stake here and soon.

Then why is there to be an apology?

Had same chat with my wife last night.

I’m a director of an English based company that operates U.K. wide.

If Scotland goes alone I’ll have to relocate South - but to be honest as per your sentiment I would want to anyway under these circumstances.

I’m a business guy and libertarian - already Scotland is a bad place to be either, before indie.

Too many people who want Indie are either economically inactive, public sector employees or simply not aware how high-level business works.

They are welcome to their views and can vote accordingly but it leads to a place I want no part of.
The arrogance and hubris drips form this post. You have a decent point somewhere in that statement but the way you turn your nose up against anyone not in your circle makes you look like someone most people would be happy to see leave.

Well I genuinely hope so but I don’t see any sign of it moving in that direction.

Reminds me of the discussions I had on here pre Dec 2019 General Election when several posters saw big Tory gains and Nat losses .... I saw it differently and sadly the Scottish voters did not disappoint.
Even if they do regain control, what are they going to do? They'll ask for a Section 30 and be told "No"! This leaves them with cobbling together some alternative fantasist version of a referendum that would be completely illegal! They've kicked the can down the road so many times with their proclamations of the imminent arrival of indyref2 that their party is now, crucially, fragmenting and dividing! The daily drip drip effect of their continual screw ups/hypocrisy/lies/whining will be having a damaging impact on their perception by the public- just like Septic, it's hubris that'll be at the centre of their downfall Birds of a feather and all that!

When the term malicious is used it means the entire case was pursued irrespective of the evidence. This was the crown using its power to destroy two citizens. the fact the compensation is so high and the Lord Advicate is making a public apology shows how absolutely rotten this is.

No way can anyone reading the facts come out with a statement that these guys did anything wrong, there is clearly no evidence to back that up.

This is absolutely disgraceful in a democracy. At present we don't have two key components of a democracy, a free press that holds the executive to account and a free judiciary independent of the executive.

We are as the article suggests a "banana republic"

The arrogance and hubris drips form this post. You have a decent point somewhere in that statement but the way you turn your nose up against anyone not in your circle makes you look like someone most people would be happy to see leave.
Come on. What about your arrogance and hubris? Who are you to speak for "most people"?

Cheers mate!

At least with 15 “likes” and 2 replies agreeing with me, I won’t be alone.

Last edited:
I hope the administrators author a book on Rangers' administration. Despite our calls for the truth far too much is unknown. These guys might be our only hope of finally getting some answers.
DR John Reid was very vocal apparently at ceptic functions about a shit storm heading our way ,could he have got a heads up about the HMRC money grab ?

Maybe Whyte understood HMRC and dark forces in Scotland wanted to kill Rangers. He knew if HMRC appointed administrators liquidation would have been inevitable. However, by appointing administrators himself, and perhaps he knew a bit about how D&P worked, he felt a CVA was possible, and he could get something for his shares.
It's ironic, but D&P appear to have done Rangers a turn by refusing to sell off Ibrox and the training ground. While our journey back was hard it would have been even harder, maybe even impossible, if we needed to rent Ibrox and the training ground off their new owners.
I’m trying hard to stay calm reading your view on these characters who walked off with millions while we got shafted.
Have a look at all the clubs in the UK who have gone into administration and suffered the fate we did as fast as we did.
Craig Whyte ffs was a Banned Director who mortgaged our ticket money to buy the club and then ran it into the ground.
Ffs get real

If you look at some of the tweets further down there are people - who seem to be in the know to some degree - sort of excusing him for his role in the affair as he inherited the case from his predecessor, none other than...

... Frank Mulholland, often times defender of the Green Brigade.

"They poison every well they visit"
Correct. It’s nothing to do with Wolfe other than he inherited mulhollands mess. Once he saw the evidence he came to a conclusion.

I’m trying hard to stay calm reading your view on these characters who walked off with millions while we got shafted.
Have a look at all the clubs in the UK who have gone into administration and suffered the fate we did as fast as we did.
Craig Whyte ffs was a Banned Director who mortgaged our ticket money to buy the club and then ran it into the ground.
Ffs get real
I can only assume you don't understand my post.

Correct. It’s nothing to do with Wolfe other than he inherited mulhollands mess. Once he saw the evidence he came to a conclusion.
Matters not. Combine this case with he salmond debacle and there is a need for Wolfe to go. There needs to be fundamental change at the top of the service.

Should be a clear out at top of the law officers in Scotland, then maybe rangersfc will get an apology. Wont hold my breath for that.no surrender w.a.t.p

As has previously stated by many the whole episode stinks.In England Arsenal were allowed to come to an arrangement with HMRC and the Premier League mediated with HMRC on behalf of another 15 clubs.Why was that opportunity not afforded to Murray.He offered to pay 10 million to HMRC as a settlement which was refused as HMRC "dont do deals"which they quite clearly do.
It was clear that if they liquidated the old holding company,creditors including HMRC would get next to nothing,if they came to an arrangement the Club would immediately be a saleable asset and the tax that whyte didn't pay would never have happened.
IMO the whole situation was malicious to start off with and once the vultures got involved the whole exercise was a massive fraud.

I probably dont know enough but I’m not sure how a prosecution trashing the administrators and the process which ultimately maintained continuity with the SFA would have helped us. Obviously D&P favoured a conman in that process. Mulholland wasn’t doing Rangers a favour in prosecuting them as I see it. He was trying to discredit the whole administration and in doing that send us into oblivion because the succession of ownership which ultimately led to better days and DK taking over would have been challenged. I may be wrong on this but that’s what it looks like to me and happy to be put correct.

Last edited:
How exactly did they arrive at the compensation figures? Are they claiming this is the amount they have lost personally or via their business as a result of all this? Likewise, has anybody ever heard of any punter, or business for that matter, claiming and getting compensation for several million pounds in Scotland before?

That money could do so much good in Scottish communities, and yet it is going in the pocket of white collar crooks, who will get more money that they could ever earn in a whole career. And they get an apology, just to rub salt in the wounds.

I sincerely hope BDO manage to ruin these chancers over the coming year.

I’m slightly confused by this so hoping somebody can help.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the SNP were happy to see us burn, but why did they seek a malicious conviction against the administrators? You’d think Rangers haters would have been happy with the mess we ended up in as a result of the administrators selling us to the spivs so why try to secure a conviction against them? I don’t get it.

They two corrupt scumbags were up to their necks in it as well.

Whyte specifically wanted them in for a reason. They point blank refused to allow a deal to be done and ensured liquidation was forced through at all costs.

That they are now victims and due £10m in compo really shows up our shambles of a justice system for what it is.

Disgusting.

I'll never understand how the administrators didn't sell the club to the walter Smith led consortium over a bunch of asset strippers who basically bled the club dry until there was nothing left to sell off and then get out...

How that's legal, I'll never know

When are we actually going to find out who/why at HMRC set the wheels in motion at the outset of all this.

Our Club was deliberately targeted for reasons other than unpaid tax.
Look no further than Peter Lawell who held a top role at the Royal Bank of Scotland i said from day one he got a tip and went for it big time absolutely 100 %

I’ve always been of the opinion that the SNP were happy to see us burn, but why did they seek a malicious conviction against the administrators? You’d think Rangers haters would have been happy with the mess we ended up in as a result of the administrators selling us to the spivs so why try to secure a conviction against them? I don’t get it.

There was no intention of anyone being brought to justice,mate, hence the deliberate collapse of the cases by the Crown Office. Rangers were all but destroyed, and everyone else sailed off into the sunset with pots of free cash. Job done, as far as they were concerned.

I can only assume you don't understand my post.
What don’t I seem to understand?

Whyte was an absolute rat. He went to court for the right to appoint his own Administrators and it all went wrong for there on in.

not one of these rats did anything to help us,

They have just got away with fraud. Then they are going to get a public apology? Has this nasty little country we live in called shortbread is for real?

This was political as well as us being end of a bigoted agenda there was a political conspiracy by the snatzi iv got no dout about that we were told salmon did have meetings with hmrs on Ower behalf well I can tell u that is an utter lie not once did he have any meeting

Couldn't agree more, they get a free run here saying we speak for the people of Scotland ad nauseum, when they romp every election but it's only because the Unionist vote is split in every area. Serious times call for serious measures. Unionist parties should not oppose each other in seats where one can beat the Nationalist vote. It's the only way. The union is at stake here and soon.
Agreed, it's difficult for Unionists in every vote.
Except the one that counts, the one where we are not split across 3 parties. A straight Yes/No referendum
I'm still sure we will win that. If not, don't think I would live here and pay taxes to that cult.

We’ll never know for sure, the cover-up is almost complete with these payments and no sign of a public enquiry. But, I suspect most of us believe that a successful prosecution would have been seen as some sort of vindication for Rangers fans and our sense of deep deep injustice at the rape of our Club. Convictions would have meant we were, in fact and in law, the victims of a crime.

As it is now, we have that same sense of injustice but the Rangers family can still be portrayed as the collective villains of the whole sorry episode. “Yous didnae pure pay the face painter”.

In this case, for “malicious” read either “incompetent” or “sabotaged”. Which one you view it as depends on your points of view. Personally, I believe the latter.

Back