The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I would imagine if kamara has a good euros then he will be the one the board are thinking of selling. We could possibly sell Morelos as well but I think it’ll be in the back of their minds if Morelos performs in the champions league then we could be looking at potentially getting 20-22 million for him. Just now I don’t think we are getting anymore than 15 million for Morelos.

It’s not just rangers line of thinking though, think Alfie will fancy anothwr experience once he wins the league with us.

He’s made it known he wants to move on at the right time.

I would imagine if kamara has a good euros then he will be the one the board are thinking of selling. We could possibly sell Morelos as well but I think it’ll be in the back of their minds if Morelos performs in the champions league then we could be looking at potentially getting 20-22 million for him. Just now I don’t think we are getting anymore than 15 million for Morelos.
For me it will be Kamala and Alfie who go if good offers come in. I would be hoping to get at least £25m. like it or not we won’t get £15+ for Alfie. Kamala could be the one who goes for big money if he has a good euros as his type of player is sought after all over Europe. Tbh I am glad we didn’t sell Alfie as he has contributed so much to this season both in goals and assists and general play. I actually think he is a more complete player now. Hopefully he will get a big move for both his and our sake. I think we need to freshen up the attack with someone else to help Roofe, Itten and Defoe.

Unfortunately can’t see it mate, Board already said in various interviews and statements that there’s a good chance we’ll have to sell a player or two to balance the books and that turning debt into equity can’t be sustained long term to cover the losses.

Players will be sold but not on the cheap.

Reactions: cav
My estimation with the way the club are taking a view of signings with a view next season and the following, plus the contractual status of a few that:

•defoe to retire
•club to have a chat with Davis at the end of the season but I think there is a chance he'll also retire
•Golden (28) & tav (29) both out of contract in 2022, both looking for big last contract, Tav but potentially both away at the end of the season.
•alfredo goes

Means we're looking for across now and the summer:

marquee midfielder and potentially a second if Zungu doesn't cut it,

•a striker,
•long term replacement for arfield(Bournemouth boy#1), l
•Long term replacement for goldson/balaguen (Edmondson or Bournemouth boy#2)
• a right back.

My view for what's it's worth. I think we'll see a bit of transitioning at the end of the season.

My estimation with the way the club are taking a view of signings with a view next season and the following, plus the contractual status of a few that:

•defoe to retire
•club to have a chat with Davis at the end of the season but I think there is a chance he'll also retire
•Golden (28) & tav (29) both out of contract in 2022, both looking for big last contract, Tav but potentially both away at the end of the season.
•alfredo goes

•a striker,
• a right back.

My view for what's it's worth. I think we'll see a bit of transitioning at the end of the season.
Defoes going nowhere.

I think we'll be doing well to get offers over £10m for Morelos in thr summer.

We've missed the boat with regard to getting big money for him imo.

Yet talk of £15m + for that dud across the city that’s on the same amount of goals as our central defender.

Morelos is a more rounded players this season. Managers, scouts, DoF/sporting directors, will be aware of that.

I hope the bids don’t come in. I want him at Rangers.

•defoe to retire
•alfredo goes

•a striker,
• a right back.

Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_5.33.23_PM.jpg

For me it will be Kamala and Alfie who go if good offers come in. I would be hoping to get at least £25m. like it or not we won’t get £15+ for Alfie. Kamala could be the one who goes for big money if he has a good euros as his type of player is sought after all over Europe. Tbh I am glad we didn’t sell Alfie as he has contributed so much to this season both in goals and assists and general play. I actually think he is a more complete player now. Hopefully he will get a big move for both his and our sake. I think we need to freshen up the attack with someone else to help Roofe, Itten and Defoe.
Kamala??????

For me it will be

•defoe to retire
•alfredo goes

•a striker,
• a right back.

and Alfie who go if good offers come in. I would be hoping to get at least £25m. like it or not we won’t get £15+ for Alfie. Kamala could be the one who goes for big money if he has a good euros as his type of player is sought after all over Europe. Tbh I am glad we didn’t sell Alfie as he has contributed so much to this season both in goals and assists and general play. I actually think he is a more complete player now. Hopefully he will get a big move for both his and our sake. I think we need to freshen up the attack with someone else to help Roofe, Itten and Defoe.
We’re fairly brutalising the names tonight aren’t we gents! :D

Tav and Goldson either sign extensions or go.We can't afford to let them run them down.

Defoe will retire from playing.
Davis and McGregor will either retire or sign for one more year.
Zungu will return to France.

Morelos and Kamara may well be sold if acceptable bids come in.

I doubt all eight players I've mentioned will leave/retire but that would be a nightmare scenario imo.

Defoe and Davis will continue playing but have fewer appearances. I'd give Tav and Goldson another year if they want because I want them for CL campaign if we qualify.

Would be really surprised if McGregor or Davis retired. Both are still regulars and in very good form. Defoe I would expect to retire given he’s a wee bit older and is only a back up.

Was reading up on the two Bournemouth players, Simpson and Ofoborh. Eddie Howe full of praise.

Simpson: commanding, aggressive, good on the ball, 6ft 3, range of passing - use of the ball from the back. Athletic and composed.

Ofoborh: positive lad, always smiling, trains extremely hard - first on/last off the training pitch. A winner, ability and takes every thing in that the coaching staff gives to him.

Was reading up on the two Bournemouth players, Simpson and Ofoborh. Eddie Howe full of praise.

Simpson: commanding, aggressive, good on the ball, 6ft 3, range of passing - use of the ball from the back. Athletic and composed.

Ofoborh: positive lad, always smiling, trains extremely hard - first on/last off the training pitch. A winner, ability and takes every thing in that the coaching staff gives to him.
Simpson is under 6ft CC. It's my only concern about him really, cultured, left footed & a good passer.

Excited about seeing Ofoborh play.

•defoe to retire
•alfredo goes

•a striker,
• a right back.

Not being funny bud but I think your way off on the whole of that.
Defoe will stay another year as backup possibly moving into a coaching position which he’s already said he’s hoping to do. Tav and Goldson will renew contracts with champions league football potentially next season. We’ll keep Davis one more season as well as McGregor and these two Bournemouth players we’ve yet to see if they can step up to the pressure of playing here. The manager said this week he’s pleased with Zungu’s progress but he’s still bedding in.

Read a lot about Ofoborh’s attitude & personality too and instantly thought he sounds like a Gerrard player.

Simpson I’m less keen on, but heres hoping.

Simpson is under 6ft CC. It's my only concern about him really, cultured, left footed & a good passer.

Excited about seeing Ofoborh play.
“Physically he’s good. He is six foot three, he can head the ball and is athletic. He does have everything – the only thing missing for Jack is the experience that a lot of the other players have.”

Tav and Goldson either sign extensions or go.We can't afford to let them run them down.

Defoe will retire from playing.
Davis and McGregor will either retire or sign for one more year.
Zungu will return to France.

Morelos and Kamara may well be sold if acceptable bids come in.

I doubt all eight players I've mentioned will leave/retire but that would be a nightmare scenario imo.
I do think it's inevitable we will lose at least one of our top performers.

European football is an attraction for playing with us, yes, but we still cannot compete with Premiership wages.

When the likes of Duffy can get £45k, & McArthur & McCarthy can get £50k per week playing for the likes of Brighton & Palace it's easy to see why players heads can be turned in what is a short career.

Not sure whether Defoe will retire but I will be stunned if Davis does.

I reckon he has another 2 years in him. He was fantastic again yesterday.

He may well retire from international football after he beats the British record in March.

Im really hoping he extends.

Even if it’s on the basis that he only plays 30 games next season, I’d still want him in a minute.

His goal rate for us would suggest he is worth it though.
He isn’t.

This should be the last season he is a player at the club. I do hope he is a good coach, meaning we can keep him around as he is definitely a big character at the club.

Yet talk of £15m + for that dud across the city that’s on the same amount of goals as our central defender.

Morelos is a more rounded players this season. Managers, scouts, DoF/sporting directors, will be aware of that.

I hope the bids don’t come in. I want him at Rangers.
Don't get me wrong, I want as much as we can get for Morelos when he leaves.

But if you are asking me if anyone will come in with a £20m bid, or even match Lille's £16m offer, then I'd have to seriously doubt it.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see that kind of money coming in for him.

We all "want" the £20m bids etc. But actually getting that is a different story altogether. The only market we may stand a chance of getting the money in is from England. It remains to be seen how it pans out.

I’ve read that we pay J D £40k a week, he’s seemingly played just under 6 hours f League football this season, 7 and a half hours n total.

I hope to fućk that figure is inaccurate.

Not sleight on J D, we just can’t operate at that level, assuming it’s true.
Wasnt his Bournemouth contract worth 6 figures a week? I wouldn't be surprised if rangers were paying 40k+

Read a lot about Ofoborh’s attitude & personality too and instantly thought he sounds like a Gerrard player.

Simpson I’m less keen on, but heres hoping.
I can see the logic in signing Simpson, gives us two left footed centre backs and two right food ones (assuming next season is Goldson, Helander, Balogun and Simpson as our centre halves); a perfect balance. He had a wee spell in the Bournemouth team there in December into early January for six games in a row conceding 2 goals and apparently showed up brightly in the games.

As you say here’s hoping and I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I do think it's inevitable we will lose at least one of our top performers.

European football is an attraction for playing with us, yes, but we still cannot compete with Premiership wages.

When the likes of Duffy can get £45k, & McArthur & McCarthy can get £50k per week playing for the likes of Brighton & Palace it's easy to see why players heads can be turned in what is a short career.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Kamara,Zungu,Morelos and Defoe all depart in the summer and I think we could raise a good amount of money without damaging the squad too much beyond reasonable repair.Firth,Edmundson,Jones,Barker and Stewart and Barjonas likely gone also by then.

I wouldn't be against Robbie McCrorie, Kai Kennedy and Stephen Kelly coming into the first team squad but the staff will know best on their stage of development.
Then they need to decide on what reinforcements are brought in for midfield,and the central and wider attacking positions.

Interesting and exciting times with CL to look forward to.

Back