Scott Wright - Welcome to Rangers - Official

A reminder to those thinking we can wave £50k at the Sheep and get him early on a bargain like Kamara. Aberdeen will be due a Dev Fee for Wright. That will apply whether we get him now or wait until Summer. Since he’s been with them since before the age of 12 that will be substantial. Hastie, from Motherwell, was in a similar position and we agreed a fee of circa £350k to avoid going to a Tribunal. Any fee is likely to be in the same ballpark.

It should. However, a reminder to those thinking we can wave £50k at the Sheep and get him on a bargain like Kamara. Aberdeen will be due a Dev Fee for Wright. That will apply whether we get him now or wait until Summer. Since he’s been with them since before the age of 12 that will be substantial. Hastie, from Motherwell, was in a similar position and we agreed a fee of circa £350k to avoid going to a Tribunal. Any fee is likely to be in the same ballpark.
No idea why you quoted me VB, I’ve been posting that myself in countless threads :))

Would be better to get him in now, Aberdeen won’t want an unhappy player & the boys our asset now, we need to think about we he can do for us.

Getting him early will allow us to get his fitness to our standard, get him up to speed on our system & allows him to actually iron out any issues he may have with the system.

We are better doing this just now rather than next season when we have it all to play for again.

I’m sure the clubs will come to some agreement, I’d hazard a guess will be around the £200-250k mark.

Not sure they wait till the summer with the player, coupled in with the fans anger would be worth the extra £100k or whatever.

Last edited:
Welcome to Rangers!

Please remember, this is a signing made through Ross Wilson and the management team unlike a few of the other wingers recently under Mark Allen.

He’ll have been meticulously reviewed and will fit into our style of play.
If he's a decent upgrade on Barker, Jones, Stewart, and can fill those roles comfortably then hopefully that will mean we can move the above on sooner rather than later.

I hadnt even heard of him until this season but like the above poster mentioned he will have been thoroughly scouted by Wilson and his team

Welcome to the greatest club in the world young man

A reminder to those thinking we can wave £50k at the Sheep and get him early on a bargain like Kamara. Aberdeen will be due a Dev Fee for Wright. That will apply whether we get him now or wait until Summer. Since he’s been with them since before the age of 12 that will be substantial. Hastie, from Motherwell, was in a similar position and we agreed a fee of circa £350k to avoid going to a Tribunal. Any fee is likely to be in the same ballpark.
Unless a lower cash deal with a player of ours going the other way on loan maybe?

Welcome aboard Scott.
It may be best to agree an immediate transfer with the sheep as in these troubled times, God forbid, we could lose the services of a few players if the virus strikes despite all our precautions.

Firstly, welcome to Rangers, Scott Wright. I wish you all the success.

Only way to judge him is in a Rangers jersey. The recruitment and management team have earned that.

Steven Gerrard strives to be the best he can. He’s not going to stall and allow Rangers to stagnate.

Welcome, Scott.

Wasn't sure about the signing to begin with but I hadn't seen enough of him and was worried about his injuries.

Seems to have raw talent, skill and pace in abundance. Plenty for our coaching staff to work with.

All the best young man.

I don’t think that’s the case VB.

Yeah, that’s been rumoured. I don’t see the Sheep wanting Stewart back and I think Jones is worth more and could be shifted down South if I’m honest. Obviously better for us if we can shift those who aren’t going to get games.
Personally, I’d reduce the £350k RM fee & increase the sell on in that deal if we could.

If he's a decent upgrade on Barker, Jones, Stewart, and can fill those roles comfortably then hopefully that will mean we can move the above on sooner rather than later.
His style of play fits the way we play
hes not as effective at Aberdeen unless Hedges is in the team beside him
we have more and better players that he can play better football with.

If we are waiting until the end of the season to sign him would Aberdeen not only be due a development fee if they also offered him a contract?

No mention of contract length on the site, maybe still pursuing getting him in this window?

If it ends up he won't be here till the summer it's just as well no fans at the moment, as the sheep support would be giving him dogs abuse.

To be honest, I'm not sure how good he is. But I am sure our recruitment guys will have done their homework and are certain this is a player who will fit into a champion Rangers squad.

From what little I've seen of him he looks to be quite quick and technical. I'm sure the recruitment team have done their research and feel we can improve him.

Do the sheep have any other players we can just take from them?

Getting him now if the price is right would make sense.

Time to adjust and settle for next season. Chance to play in Europe and win trophies this season.

Better chance of hitting the ground running next season.

Genuinely very happy with this signing.

Start the week off with sheep tears. Beautiful

Reactions: dmg
The hatred from the sheep is truly sickening, though not surprising. Being called every name under the sun, tagging their own players asking them to break both his legs in training.

Their fans really give celtc a run for their money in scum stakes.

Back