Scott Wright - Welcome to Rangers - Official

image.png
Too much Deludamol for this wee sheep romancer.

It’s not him that wears it .
Its Ryan Hedges . That’s someone we should be looking at .
I like Benson, but we shouldn’t he’s 26, unlikely to have a sufficient amount of development that would make him good enough.

Wright is a better player, 23, fits the HGQ, miles behind in his development & fits our system.

The right side is also our stronger side with Roofe/Hagi, that doesn’t need any more additions mate.

Hedges is a good player though, hopefully gets back in the Wales squad.

I think he's going to be a good signing, will needs some time and we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Welcome to the best club you'll ever play for.

Went and had a look at that. Utter disgrace but to be expected.
Happy to take Mcrorie from us but anyone leaves them and comes here they are cast aside like an unwanted step child. Hopefully we can get Wright in during this window and free the boy of the sheep shackles.
They're bitter as f*ck, it's actually funny. This guy is winding them up as well:

image.png

B-D

Brilliant; this a very talented player, with a great deal of skill on the ball, and with a great deal of potential to become even better.

Welcome to Rangers.

Imagine we'll look to get him this window. He wouldn't be popular at Sheepville if their fans are allowed back in before the end of the season.

The thing that worries me about this one is his injury history at a young-ish age, hopefully this doesn't hold the lad back.

Welcome Scott, to a Club where winning is the standard mentality unlike the mediocre dross you will be leaving.

A reminder to those thinking we can wave £50k at the Sheep and get him early on a bargain like Kamara. Aberdeen will be due a Dev Fee for Wright. That will apply whether we get him now or wait until Summer. Since he’s been with them since before the age of 12 that will be substantial. Hastie, from Motherwell, was in a similar position and we agreed a fee of circa £350k to avoid going to a Tribunal. Any fee is likely to be in the same ballpark.

Not just the dev fee, Aberdeen may think that keeping him helps get them 2/3rd in the league a higher placing means more prize money. Though I'm sure we'll work it out as there will be money due for McCrorie as well. We know that RW will do whats best for the club.

My preference is to get him in now, we bed players in, especially younger ones, so having him early means up to speed at the end of the season or start of next.

The development fee is paid when a player moves from one team to another when his contract runs out. If we agree a deal with the sheep to take him this window, that doesn't apply then as they've sold him (I think!).

image.png
Agreed. However, why would they sell him for £50k when they'd be due a Dev Fee of many times that amount in the Summer? Makes no sense.

strange announcing it now given their likely reaction

as a side thought, our signings from Aberdeen seem to be decent in recent times,

jack
Aluko

longer back any more? Or is theory shit

Find it odd that it looks like we’re not getting him until the summer.

Surely we can put something in place to remedy that?

He is very skillful but I can't say I have noticed him much other than v the scum.

I trust Wilson etc and hope he develops the way most other player have.

Find it odd that it looks like we’re not getting him until the summer.

Surely we can put something in place to remedy that?
I imagine we will, this is the way the Kamara deal was announced too. I’d be very very surprised if he was there till the summer.

People might be unimpressed with Scott’s goal return at Aberdeen, but they ought to remind themselves that McInnes is hardly renowned for exciting, free-flowing football. Put a player of his technical ability in our side and the potential will emerge.

Welcome to Rangers, Scott.

It must be hard to scout Scottish players due to the way most teams play.

Welcome to the club and I wish him all the very best. I hope we sign him now so he gets to know what the management are all about.

Must be something to so with when you turn 23 VB but we’re definitely not required to pay compensation for him.
I'm loathe to argue because I know you know folk. :) However, I had a look at the FIFA Directive on this - linked below. Dev Fee is payable up to and including the season in which the player turns 23. Wright was 23 last August, i.e. this season, so a Dev Fee is due. Definitely if we want him in January. It may be different AFTER the end of this season.

There’s no dev fee as @Roscoblue has confirmed.

Give them £50k off McCrorie at most

A player’s training and education takes place between the ages of 12 and 23. Training compensation shall be payable, as a general rule, up to the age of 23 for training incurred up to the age of 21, unless it is evident that a player has already terminated his training period before the age of 21. In the latter case, training compensation shall be payable until the end of the season in which the player reaches the age of 23, but the calculation of the amount payable shall be based on the years between the age of 12 and the age when it is established that the player actually completed his training.

Page 66 here: regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-2018-2925437.pdf (fifa.com)

Obviously if I've misunderstood this I'd be delighted.:)

Back