Scott Wright - Welcome to Rangers - Official

I think we will be looking to bring in one of the pre-contract boys now. By the sound of it it's most likely this will be Ofoborh as that is a position we need more cover in.

You'd expect Jones and Stewart to have left by the end of the summer window and Wright to take their place in the squad. Maybe Barker too - Gerrard is certainly using him less than earlier in the season.

image.png
They seem to be forgetting it’s them who had to delay a transfer fee by a year.

Welcome to the club, what a time to be joining.

See Aberdeen are keeping him till the summer, ha 3 more games against celtic the boy could do some damage before he arrives.
I am sure that is a factor. McCrorie and Wright will want to show their best against the scum and will get three chances to do so.

Welcome.
Going by the on line comments from their fans, bile,hatred and hoping for injury and violence against the boy ( some of the comments seem to be hoping his family are now targeted) it's best he arrives at Ibrox as soon as possible.

The coordinated timing of our and Aberdeen's announcements suggests 1) that relations between the clubs' management are good and 2) that we're in active discussions which leads me to expect he'll be here before the end of the window.

Welcome to Scott; now or in the summer.

Welcome to our club, what an opportunity for you to be part of our continuing journey back where we belong.

Going by the comments on Aberdeens Twitter I think Scott will be wearing blue by end of of week.

Last edited:
Heres hoping the lad bucks down and becomes a crackin right sided attacker we could be doing with, and not another jordan jones!

Heres hoping the lad bucks down and becomes a crackin right sided attacker we could be doing with, and not another jordan jones!
He plays on the left, he could play as the right 10 but we have Hagi & Roofe for that position so I assume he’s came as the alternate to Kent.

how long is the contract, anyone know? mentioned in some papers as 3 years last night, but no details of the length of it today in any media

Hopefully we do everything we can to get him in this window. Being part of the team/squad that win 55 is something special - and i'd much rather Scott felt a part of that than joining in the summer and perhaps feeling a bit on the outside.

That the most ridiculous and contradictory statement I’ve read! They’re skint we won’t get cash for him, they do t actually need him just now so they can wait! Cheek to talk about skint, it’s us that set up a deal so they could take McCrorie!

The thing about Aberdeen is because they are so irrelevant and pretty much invisible to us, they need to go way over the top in attempt to attract attention. That is why they are so full of poison. And the fact that they are all ugly bastards with hideous accents too.
I'm happy in the knowledge that they're up there all year round absolutely stewing away at any mention of us and calling us all the names in the world trying to rile us up and apart from the week leading up to a game we don't barely even acknowledge their existence

strange announcing it now given their likely reaction

as a side thought, our signings from Aberdeen seem to be decent in recent times,

jack
Aluko

longer back any more? Or is theory shit
Was going to post the same. We have a decent record with younger players from Aberdeen. Davie Robertson and Stephen Wright being the best in my memory up until Jack.

Couple of not so good later in their careers or after injuries: Snelders, Dougie Bell and Neale Cooper (via a season at Villa).

Poor guy will need to watch himself, the sheep will know where he lives, hope they don’t hassle him in real life. AFC need to come out and protect their player and condemn the morons

Last edited:
Buzzing to see what our coaches can get out of this lad hes clearly talented.
Yes, we are taking on players with potential whom we think we can improve as mould into our style of play.

Only issue for me is he had that serious cruciate injury a while back, I trust our medical team have checked it out thoroughly. As for the Aberdeen supporters reaction, it’s entirely predictable and Wright will now understand exactly the sort of people he’s been involved with the last few years. He will look to Ryan Jack as a role model on how an Aberdeen player can rise above that and become a very good player at a real football club.

Last edited:
Excuse the dumb question but haven’t seen it asked/answered. If he did come in this window, would he be available for selection for the Europa squad? I can’t remember if the squad is ‘locked in’ already or perhaps he’s ‘cup-tied’ from earlier in the season. Given that he’s Scottish, I would have thought he might be a consideration for Europe if available (even though he would have just arrived).

Excuse the dumb question but haven’t seen it asked/answered. If he did come in this window, would he be available for selection for the Europa squad? I can’t remember if the squad is ‘locked in’ already or perhaps he’s ‘cup-tied’ from earlier in the season. Given that he’s Scottish, I would have thought he might be a consideration for Europe if available (even though he would have just arrived).
Yes, even if he played in their qualifiers.

Back