Scott Wright - Welcome to Rangers - Official

Excuse the dumb question but haven’t seen it asked/answered. If he did come in this window, would he be available for selection for the Europa squad? I can’t remember if the squad is ‘locked in’ already or perhaps he’s ‘cup-tied’ from earlier in the season. Given that he’s Scottish, I would have thought he might be a consideration for Europe if available (even though he would have just arrived).
Should be, you lock in the squad by round now.

An unusual signing in terms of not exactly setting the heather alight with the sheep but I can see the logic from it being low risk (minimal fee - if anything) and he ticks the home grown bud for the european competition.

I’d imagine he’s a hybrid replacement for Stewart (home grown) Jones/Barker (in terms of pecking order/pitch time)

Welcome to the pending league champions Scott.

An unusual signing in terms of not exactly setting the heather alight with the sheep but I can see the logic from it being low risk (minimal fee - if anything) and he ticks the home grown bud for the european competition.

I’d imagine he’s a hybrid replacement for Stewart (home grown) Jones/Barker (in terms of pecking order/pitch time)

Welcome to the pending league champions Scott.
I think he may surprise a few of us. He could an excellent player given time.

If he's a decent upgrade on Barker, Jones, Stewart, and can fill those roles comfortably then hopefully that will mean we can move the above on sooner rather than later.
Stewarts contract runs out in the summer anyway.
Add Edmunson to that list, imo thats the only 4 we can loose.
Question marks remain over defoe, davis and mcgregors future.

I think he may surprise a few of us. He could an excellent player given time.

Absolutely. Ryan Jack being a prefect example. Kamara also similar.

Wright will be a similar acquisition in that he’s young and cost nothing (or very little if we bring him in now). He might be a good signing, he might not. Very low risk gamble..... and to be fair, our recruitment under Wilson and been pretty successful so far which provides promising signs.

Stewarts contract runs out in the summer anyway.
Add Edmunson to that list, imo thats the only 4 we can loose.
Question marks remain over defoe, davis and mcgregors future.

Add the scenario of Jack being injury prone, Morelos prob wanting his move away in the summer, Goldson and Tav entering their final yr (must sell if they don’t renew) and vultures regularly circling around Kamara/Barisic!

The future proofing of our team is underway but still has a bit to go yet. I’m confident we’ll be in a good place though. Our operations just ooze professionalism nowadays.

Ryan Jack's message to him on insta haha

Screenshot-20210125-130738-2.png

Have a feeling he will be with us this week. Can’t see Aberdeen wanting to keep him and if they did it’s not in our interests to have him not getting game time over the next 6 months.

Get him in this window and bedded into the squad, good chance of game time given the league position and some of the upcoming fixtures.

From what little I've seen of him he looks to be quite quick and technical. I'm sure the recruitment team have done their research and feel we can improve him.

Do the sheep have any other players we can just take from them?
None that you would want :))

If he was signing for celtic the fans would be thanking him and wishing him all the best.

When will they realise they are no longer in competition with us, they are competing for a euro place with Hibs and Livingston etc

Stewart loan for 6 months would suit all parties, I'd give them zero cash
Honestly don’t think they’d take Stewart, he flopped there twice & hasn’t really been successful anywhere since 2014.

Well, 16 games at Killie aside.

The best of them all being Dave Smith.
I'm always curious about what kind of player he was. Derek Johnstone gave him particular credit when he spoke about the EWC Final.
Dave Smith was a tremendous football player, very skillful (with at least one foot lol) and always calm, collected and composed on the ball. A travesty that he never won a league medal with us.

More importantly, ST holder in the Govan rear and usually does the pie run for his rsc troops every other saturday. So probably an even better supporter than he was a player :))

A top bluenose.

Back