Different perspective of Ibrox

ozo

From Fereneze braes which is above Barrhead

4JTVagn.jpg

yeah...had hoped to get the Finnieston crane and Glasgow University tower in too, but will need to find a different angle to fit all that in!
Cracking photo mate, if you do manage to get a photo with the crane and uni in please post. What zoom did you use for that?

Its def not Ben Lommond (which is a long way west of this hill).

I'd say it was somewhere in the Campsies or maybe just to east side of them.

It is Ben Lomond.
Are you sure? Looking towards Ibrox from that spot, with the tower in line with the Broomloan, means the line of sight beyond the stadium has you looking North East towards Stirling. Doesn't it?

I thought it might be Meikle Bin.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Looking towards Ibrox from that spot, with the tower in line with the Broomloan, means the line of sight beyond the stadium has you looking North East towards Stirling. Doesn't it?

No, although I can see why you think that.

yeah...had hoped to get the Finnieston crane and Glasgow University tower in too, but will need to find a different angle to fit all that in!

Nice one. Is it okay for me to share on Instagram and if so do you have an account so I can tag in the credit?

I'm totally with you on this. The angle simply cannot take in Ben Lomond which is way to the north west. I've googled Glasgow photos with Ben Lomond. Also draw a line from Ferenze, Barrhead through Ibrox and you are looking almost exactly north east.

I beg to differ, from left to right, although distances differ, it is Kilpatrick Hills, Ben Lomond (furthest away) then the Campsies.
I respectfully disagree. Similarly to what LWL posted above, if you draw a line on google maps from Fereneze Braes to the Spiers Wharf flats u will dissect Ibrox and then follow (follow) the straight line and u are looking towards Stirling not Ben Lommond.

Bored of lockdown loyal!

I respectfully disagree. Similarly to what LWL posted above, if you draw a line on google maps from Fereneze Braes to the Spiers Wharf flats u will dissect Ibrox and then follow (follow) the straight line and u are looking towards Stirling not Ben Lommond.

Bored of lockdown

From Fereneze braes which is above Barrhead

4JTVagn.jpg
Cracking photo with a deceptive angle.
Great view of Spiers Wharf.
This one was taken from the canal bank at Spiers Wharf about 10 years ago i reckon.
Not as good as your's mate :D

IteLjmV.jpg

Last edited:
Deceptive is putting it mildly, the Science Centre tower appears to be west of the Stadium although it’s actually further east.

Got a great website from walkhighlands years ago, you drop a pin anywhere, adjust the compass and hey presto all it shows is the visible outlines of hills in that direction. Would easily solve this, if only I could find/remember the site.

That is indeed flats just off Balgrayhill Rd - Reidhouse Street/Croftbank Street. The smaller tower on the left that looks as though it's at a church is around Park Circus area. Using Google Earth I took a line from Fereneze Brae through Ibrox, passing between the markers at both those landmarks as the shot is obviously a view of between both those markers and this is where it is pointed.

As unlikely as it might seem I think that's the Lomond Hills near Glenrothes.

24xdCAf.jpg

@LetsGo.... yes that is the park circus area.
From that distance and using that quality of zoom drawing a straight line isn't going to tell the story.
That's how the photo looks deceptive.

@LetsGo.... yes that is the park circus area.
From that distance and using that quality of zoom drawing a straight line isn't going to tell the story.
That's how the photo looks deceptive.

The flats on the right and the Park Circus tower are good indication of the field of view. With Ibrox centre of the frame and knowing the rough point where the picture was taken at the top of Fereneze Braes, it gives a good enough idea. The shot would only have a degree or two to either side of that straight line at most.

9SRyTYI.png

The line runs mostly over flat land through Bishopbriggs up the F&C Canal into Fife and the first real hills in that direction are the Lomond Hills just to the North of Loch Leven. I think the houses/hill behind the flats is Kilsyth at the back of Auchinstarry. From there to Fife is virtually flat.

Maybe any Fife based bears who know the Lomond Hills better will recognise the shape when looking at them from the Kinross / SW direction.

Last edited:
Back