Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the right coaching he could be a good player, on the other hand his lack of ability when it comes to passing or crossing is amusing.

Has potential, so glad he’s leaving hopefully for peanuts. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he left for £10m+, like it or not the mentally challengeds have a good rep for selling players.

Dembele
Armstrong
Tierney

For example, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near the ability of them or the potential of top & bottom.

However, he is the player a good coach would love to work with because of his athleticism, so egotistic coaches will be convinced they can improve him.

I’d rather they kept him, I’m not worried about them with a whack of cash though. £15m gets you Duffy, Barkas & Ajeti.

I don't think they'll have any trouble getting £10M+ for him. He has pace and a bit of talent. Under a good coach or in another league he may well take off. Ultimately £10M outwith Scotland isn't a lot of money.

Celtic have recently had a knack of getting top dollar for their player sales so I don't see why this would be any different.

The telling part of the interview (and I don't know why Lennon would actually say this) is that several other players have expressed that they want to leave!

Re: Frimpong, bags of potential and I actually think he'll go on to be a really good player if he's coached properly. Not sure if he's a right back mind you.

Supposedly Man City have a 30% sell on clause.

He’s a good player, with proper coaching he could be an asset, let’s be honest. Probably the reason a Bundesliga side have taken him on.

First of many to go?
You'd think so, if players were wanting to leave anyway and they've had to put up with Lennon, their fans, Covid, and this embarrassment of a season - you'd think this might be the catalyst for others just to think to hell with this.

I just hope they keep Broon, Barkas and the Duffer

Let's remember the quote price will include his wages no doubt, plus I imagine a lot of possible future incentive payments.

They won't be getting a lot upfront.

The telling part of the interview (and I don't know why Lennon would actually say this) is that several other players have expressed that they want to leave!

Re: Frimpong, bags of potential and I actually think he'll go on to be a really good player if he's coached properly. Not sure if he's a right back mind you.

Hes a young Didier Agathe.

He's had enough of Lennon's hairdryer treatment. Sick of picking bits of Nordic Spirit minty phlegm off his face. Can't blame him

Who is a their back up?
iu

In an ideal world he will fail his medical or be unable to agree terms elsewhere and be back at the tims after TLB has confirmed he wants out.

Im sure that would go down well with the shark lobbers B-D

And be in self isolation for 10 days if he is abroad and comes back as out the "bubble" now.

Poor man's Freddy Adu - yet hyped as the second coming of Ronaldo by a compliant Scottish media so far up Lawwell's arse they could taste his dinner.

surprised treacle teeth admitted as much. Attempt to create interest even if it puts him
In an even more bad light (if possible)

I'll be honest I'm glad he's going.
Don't get me wrong, he's been absolute dogshit under Lennon but I think it's fair to say he has something about him. Put it this way, can you imagine the player he would become if our coaching team had a crack at him? He was the only player that really troubled us the past 2 or 3 times we played them (with absolutely no end product to be fair).

He leaves now for buttons, I guess 5m tops, with City getting 30% of that. That barely puts a dent in the losses they face this season so they're not going to go out and get a replacement. Who does that leave. Elhamed? Doesn't bother his arse and obviously wants out as well. Ralstone? Utter jobbies. They might have to play Ajer at RB which means more game time for Duffy.

This weakens them, no doubt and barely makes an impact on their finances.

He can run fast, that's about it.

Whoever is his coach, I don't think it's up to them to teach a 20 year old professional football player how to kick a ball properly.

a little over a year ago came from man city for only 342Th, does decently in a league that isn't very well respected with a team that's been embarrassed in europe.

during these uncertain times due to Covid, I would have said 5m is a more realistic sum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back