Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other players have expressed an interest to leave! Brilliant.

Will get slaughtered for this but I think frimpong has potential, his crossing is shocking but that can be coached. He got himself into decent positions against us with time as well as space which showed how bad his crossing is but a decent coach would identify that and work on it.

They're saying 13.5M which frustrating if true considering how much they got him for, hopefully the days of them getting decent fees are coming to an end.
13.5 million lira?

How on earth do these figures get branded about?

Have sellik officially commented on a transfer fee? If not then surely it's just speculation and should be taken with a pinch of salt until something official is released.

I just don't get how someone can get to the figure of £10m for a player that was signed for less than a mill and does the square root of hee haw on a pitch except a bit of running.

Great news for us because any body leaving the champions in the summer will be going on fees paid for guys like this so in a funny way helps us bump up/ justify big fees for our players

I actually thought he looked quite decent at times but 10 mill is mental. Maybe 3 or 4 mill max and that comes down when the player himself is forcing a move out.
I can never tell what he actually is. He’s not a full back, his end product is poor for a modern wing back, he’s not a midfielder, he doesn’t score much but he has pace and a bit of trickery. He’d be good at 5 a sides.

General rule of thumb is to take a third off of whatever transfer fee they claim to get.

That's being generous, it's more likely half.

I can never tell what he actually is. He’s not a full back, his end product is poor for a modern wing back, he’s not a midfielder, he doesn’t score much but he has pace and a bit of trickery. He’d be good at 5 a sides.
Tbf I don't watch them at all just from the clips I've seen of him he doesn't look as bad as made out here. Still wouldn't get on our bench and definitely not a Leverkusen player though.

In his first old firm he was fairly decent from what I recall and the rest we've battered them so it's hard to judge an individual player when the whole team shite it.

How on earth do these figures get branded about?

Have sellik officially commented on a transfer fee? If not then surely it's just speculation and should be taken with a pinch of salt until something official is released.

I just don't get how someone can get to the figure of £10m for a player that was signed for less than a mill and does the square root of hee haw on a pitch except a bit of running.

I think it's how they word it. So far example if a fee is £5m plus a potential £5m in add ons (for making so many appearances, for getting an international call up or for the signing team winning the league/Champions League). The add ons can really add up and Celtic then give off the record press briefings saying the transfer fee 'could be' £10m.

On top of that they also often add on the players wages. So if the player signs a 4 year deal earning £2m a year, they can say the total deal is £18m (up to £10m in transfer fee plus £8m wages).

They're not necessarily telling lies, but their over-inflating the actual fee that they get (or fee they are guaranteed to get). And we've seen them do that big time with Dembele and Tierney and the press are only too willing to play along.

Amazing how 4 hours ago next to nobody knew of this transfer. Suddenly everyone knows the fee is £10m, £15m, £18m. Regardless of what they get, it’ll be easy to identify in their accounts next year under the player transaction sections. Fundamentally it’ll still be much less net than they got for Tierney and they’ll still need to do significant work to balance the books.

The lad has a lot of potential, however at the minute he’s a youth playing first team football and his defensive performances demonstrate this.

Won't believe a word they say about fee

He gets by his man fairly easy but struggles with end product, glad he won't be there to develop further

Shes

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Alison Conroy
@AlisonGConroy

Frimpong in talks with Bayer Leverkusen. I understand the fee is around £11.5m
Quote Tweet

NRwc455u_mini.jpg

Alison Conroy

@AlisonGConroy
· 1h
Neil Lennon says Jeremy Frimpong is on his way out of Celtic. He’s abroad speaking to a club. “He made it clear to wanted to leave”
she’s a mentally challenged fluffer. Go with what the European media are saying

'Could be' suggests a ceiling of 10 million Euros - subject to milestones and add-ons I'd suggest. And City will get 30% of the actual fee, which could be much lower.

Yes, much more likely.

The Edouard 9m fee, according to the DR at the time, had a 4.5m fee with 4.5m add ons.

So City could get 1.5m of the initial estimated 5.0m, and they are left with the money to cover Lennon & Lawwell settlements VB ?

We’re selling Docherty and McCrorie for 300k

And they are getting 10m for Frimpong the world has went mad.
Comparing players who could barely make first team going to sheep and hull
to a guy who plays regular first team football in league and Europe and also had the pedigree of Man City academy and Holland youth caps

I agree they should never get that much for an average player but don’t think they should be compared

I think it's how they word it. So far example if a fee is £5m plus a potential £5m in add ons (for making so many appearances, for getting an international call up or for the signing team winning the league/Champions League). The add ons can really add up and Celtic then give off the record press briefings saying the transfer fee 'could be' £10m.

On top of that they also often add on the players wages. So if the player signs a 4 year deal earning £2m a year, they can say the total deal is £18m (up to £10m in transfer fee plus £8m wages).

They're not necessarily telling lies, but their over-inflating the actual fee that they get (or fee they are guaranteed to get). And we've seen them do that big time with Dembele and Tierney and the press are only too willing to play along.
Whilst, in general, I'd go along with what you say the exception appears to be Tierney. They did get £25m and, even more surprisingly, they got it up front and not in staggered payments over a number of years. It was announced as such to The Stock Exchange and reflected as such in their Accounts from memory. Arsenal must have been bonkers.

Actually a decent player IMO, for his age.
His final ball will improve but as an attacking wing back he is decent.

£11.5 million according to the rags out there.

With 30% due to his old club it's still huge figures for a player who can't cross a ball and can't defend either.

Surprised at him wanting out. First of many to balance the books.

We've seen so many inflated figures in the past that turned out to include three or four years of wages over the period of a contract and agents' fees.
I would guess that any figure reported will be what the buyers pay, rather than what the sellers get. Makes the player look more valuable and saves the blushes of the selling club.

Yes, their fees are inflated, but there's no doubt they have gotten decent fees for a number of players over the years.

It's something we need to get better at - as stated at last AGM - it's the missing piece in our progress under the current regime.

I thought we could have gotten £1m each for Docherty & McCrorie, although we did quite well getting £2.75m for Windass IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back