Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youngsters being bullied at celtc?
I know Tierney said he was pretty much bullied into getting injections and playing with injuries. Isn’t this something that should be looked into further given what’s went on previously?

Tierney said that it was his captain that was bullying him into play. Today we hear that our captain is looking after his young understudy. Levels.

It’ll be a low fee with lots of add ons.

People will come to us with the same offers, we just need to be careful.

Was just about to say the same, hes a young player so a big part of that fee will be on how well he progresses.

“Jeremie’s leaving Statement: “I dreamed the dream but my demand haven’t been met, you’ll see what I mean”

whats that all about then??

I thought the only thing that was 'a broad' where Frimpong was concerned was that Hood Rat he flew over from the states to not pump.

If it was a decent fee Celtic would be shouting it from the rooftops in an attempt at a good news story. Would be stunned if it was anywhere near that amount. Sounds like a good way to spin a first team player demanding a move away into a positive.

If he’s been demanding to leave I doubt a club are paying top dollar as his agent has probably been ringing the phone off every club in Europe for a move.

if it is true, they’ll burn through the proceeds on shite and it pushes our squad value up. Happy days.

risingballers put his leaving statement on instagram and it speaks wonders of that rancid club

“I dreamed the dream but my demands haven’t been met, you’ll see what I mean”

Trouble in "paradise" B-DB-DB-D

Last edited:
Putting aside all the chat about fees, quality of the player, etc if there's any truth in rumours around bullying, etc there it might be a cracking sign about unrest in the dressing room.

For all the usual old guard types like Thumb and Lego backing the manager, if there's players in there pissed off, down and hating their football, it's brilliant news for us.

I think that is likely nearer the mark. Likely a decent but small fee up front and then a if he’s really good and a success and our team are also a success then we’ll give you more money.

If it is anything as is being said then it’s mental we didn’t have teams paying £10-15mil for Tav after a season or two.
Complete shit would be my guess.
Are we lead to believe Leverkusen don't use scouts?
Who would have watched this halfwit and thought him worth as much as a million, Never mind 3 or 10.

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Alison Conroy
@AlisonGConroy

Frimpong in talks with Bayer Leverkusen. I understand the fee is around £11.5m
Quote Tweet

NRwc455u_mini.jpg

Alison Conroy

@AlisonGConroy
· 1h
Neil Lennon says Jeremy Frimpong is on his way out of Celtic. He’s abroad speaking to a club. “He made it clear to wanted to leave”
She understands? She means she read it straight off the Record’s website: Celtic youngster Jeremie Frimpong is close to sealing a stunning move to Bayer Leverkusen for a fee that could rise to £11.5m.

Can’t see it being more than £7-8m up front if that’s the fee but I’d say it’s overpriced big time.

Shows we badly need to step up with our negotiations when selling.

Ping pong is only 20, only 46 first team appearances, uncapped, no CL group experience, no final ball...pace is it.

risingballers put his leaving statement on instagram and it speaks wonders of that rancid club

“I dreamed the dream but my demands haven’t been met, you’ll see what I mean”

Trouble in paradise B-DB-DB-D

Looks like there is trouble ahead in beggardise!

There was a game where MJ tried to play on after injury then lennon made his last sub. Lennon wasn’t happy he said he’d play on until after he’d made the sub then couldn’t play on. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole situation came down to MJ feeling pressured into playing on due to previous bullying. All knock on effects of lennons man management.
Isn't that the origin of the gif of lennon sitting in the dugout telling someone to %^*& off? Apparently it was when MJ eventually left the pitch crocked he was met with such charm & charisma.

Putting aside all the chat about fees, quality of the player, etc if there's any truth in rumours around bullying, etc there it might be a cracking sign about unrest in the dressing room.

For all the usual old guard types like Thumb and Lego backing the manager, if there's players in there pissed off, down and hating their football, it's brilliant news for us.
It'll be Lego, Thumb and Lennon v the rest.

Thats why I said decent, not great, and also why I said for his age.
At 20 Tav was being punted around loan to loan in the lower leagues of English football.

Frimpong has won a (tainted) title, along with cups, and played CL football.
You count getting punted out in the qualifiers "champions league football"?

What next, "Gibraltar international seals 15 million euro move on the back of his tremendous world cup performance" (meaning he kept the score down to 6-0 in a qualifier against Bulgaria).

That's my thinking. Wasn't there some rumour back when Lennon took over again that McGregor was mumping and moaning in the dressing room saying "Brendan didn't shout at us..." after a game? :D

Exactly, mate. Its clear that even Kennedy isn't part of the ruling inner circle at the Piggery. He would never have been allowed to publicly admit to Celtc breaching Covid 19 protocols when in Dubai.

Goes all the way back to McGeadie. Everyone laughed at the valuation being placed on that donkey. They ended up getting 9.5 million. The Scottish press have always inflated the value of their players and somehow they always find clubs daft enough to pay the money.

Already giving the patter big licks on twitter about this transfer fee and how he compares with Tavernier.

Rather than actually basking in a relative success of a large transfer fee for an absolute diddy, and let’s face it, he WONT be a world beater in 4-5 years time, this lot are revelling in some pretty pathetic point scoring regarding our captain.

Just shows, money can’t buy class at any level.

It’s always always been all about the rangers, regardless of what else is going on. They can’t help themselves!!

That leaving statement is scathing
It really is, the more you read it.

It's like he's saying he came expecting to be successful and be thriving at the top level with a big club, but it's all been below his expectations. That's how it reads to me anyway. Like they've failed to meet his ambitions.

I will buck the trend a little here with the following.

I don't think he is worth what is reportedly being paid for him but he is young player and I think there is the makings of a good one there if a good coach gets hold of him. A lad with that amount of pace could be absolutely frightening if they could get the other parts of the game honed. He does get awfully indecisive whenever he gets into the final third which a player like him will be judged on mainly with the type of wing back he is meant to be. The coaching at Celtic seems non existent so if you are a young player wanting to make their way in the game then it probably is not the place to be at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back