Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do those cunts manage it.

If the fee is close to what they’re saying that’s a massive profit
Their support etc talk them up and refuse to accept less than (insert ridiculous amount of mills here)

Meanwhile, our fans will tell us morelos is worth 15m and Tav should be gone at the first offer over 2M.

Of course these clubs aren't reading social media for valuations but if our fans are willing to part with pennies, why should other clubs offer more? Ask for pennies, get pennies.

Saying that, I'm still not sure how the %^*& they do it.

It will be interesting to see if they put out a stock exchange announcement. They did for Tierney but then he was £25m so much more material for investors to be told. But £11.5m in a COVID world would still be a pretty big deal and something I would have thought would be relevant to investors, being equal to, I think, more than16% of their turnover in their last financial year. If I see a stock market announcement saying £11.5m then I’ll believe it. But until then I would take a lot of convincing that they are getting anything like that sort of money for Frimpong. It would be an astounding amount of money for him. Jeez, we have at least two right backs who are miles better than him.

Their support etc talk them up and refuse to accept less than (insert ridiculous amount of mills here)

Meanwhile, our fans will tell us morelos is worth 15m and Tav should be gone at the first offer over 2M.

Of course these clubs aren't reading social media for valuations but if our fans are willing to part with pennies, why should other clubs offer more? Ask for pennies, get pennies.

Saying that, I'm still not sure how the %^*& they do it.

Guess they will win a trophy this year - the bloated valuation cup.

Another reason for quoting this figure could be to drive the price up for the other players that want away. For example “ if we got 10m for Frimpong then Ajmer must be worth 20m” type of thing.
i would like to think that we would get at least 20m for Barisic on this basis.

I just don't see what Ping Pong has to offer. Really surprised he has attracted a club like Leverkusan.

It will be interesting to see if they put out a stock exchange announcement. They did for Tierney but then he was £25m so much more material for investors to be told. But £11.5m in a COVID world would still be a pretty big deal and something I would have thought would be relevant to investors, being equal to, I think, more than16% of their turnover in their last financial year. If I see a stock market announcement saying £11.5m then I’ll believe it. But until then I would take a lot of convincing that they are getting anything like that sort of money for Frimpong. It would be an astounding amount of money for him. Jeez, we have at least two right backs who are miles better than him.

its €11 million

Rumours it’s around the £3 million mark he moved for not what a mentally challenged journalist was touting

He was on £8k a week at the mentally challengeds , they’re not getting anywhere near £10 million

3 goals in 42 games in Scotland ...

Yes Ald, you would have to think that there should be a Stock Exchange announcement, based upon materiality, if this is true.

Rumours it’s around the £3 million mark he moved for not what a mentally challenged journalist was touting

He was on £8k a week at the mentally challengeds , they’re not getting anywhere near £10 million

3 goals in 42 games in Scotland ...
Reports in German press today suggest it's 11m euros, which is £9.7m, of which £2.9m goes to Man City.

£6.8m is not too shabby is the 11m euros is right. But he's also one of their best prospects.

The question is, are they getting a replacement and, if so, what're the chances it'll be an improvement? Very low I'd imagine.

Reports in German press today suggest it's 11m euros, which is £9.7m, of which £2.9m goes to Man City.

£6.8m is not too shabby is the 11m euros is right. But he's also one of their best prospects.
We need to accept that it’s not the media that create the players value. If Bayern Leverkusen are paying £10m it s because they believe he’s worth it.
We should expect to get value on any players we sell too

9 million pounds with 30 percent going to city is 6 mil. They won't have much change by time they get a replacement. This is far better than him staying till he's 23 under a good manager and going for much more.

It's akin to Morelos leaving for 6 million 3 years ago under Murty.

Even if they net £6m, it’s still a decent return for them. After we get #55, I’m sure will start to move out our players.

9 million pounds with 30 percent going to city is 6 mil. They won't have much change by time they get a replacement. This is far better than him staying till he's 23 under a good manager and going for much more.

I get what you're saying but Morelos always looked good.

Frimpong looks to be lucky he was even at a club like celtic never mind moving on for a huge profit. It's essentially month for nothing as a new manager would've binned him.

They're replacing him with Stephen O'Donnell.

Free transfer in a few days time when his contract is up.

Fat Japanese needs good news story
Fat Japanese uses his accountancy skill to blind the faithful froo and froo
Fat Japanese tells them to sit down
Bring back the sharks

We need to accept that it’s not the media that create the players value. If Bayern Leverkusen are paying £10m it s because they believe he’s worth it.
We should expect to get value on any players we sell too

That is a seemingly impossible concept for some posters to wrap their head around.

Just watched the STV news there and Shelagh is repeating the £10M price tag.

As I understand it he was signed in September 2019 for £300,000, probably low as a cross-border development fee transfer (?).

STV showed a clip of Lennon talking about him but he never mentioned a fee "a lot of money" he said but funnier than that was he and his staff are claiming coaching credit for turning that £300,000 player into a £10M player !!!

If he’s going for £11.5million then in comparison as ridiculous as it seems but bidding for Tav would start at £50 million.

That’s the difference in quality between.

What rumours?

German journalists are reporting the same fee.

Grigo did say you are on the ground in Germany and would know if €11m deal was accurate

Is there any detail as to the outline of deal ?

i.e. €5m upfront and adds on up to €11m

If Leverkusen are paying up to €11m for this gimp they need their heads examined

He is fast with no end product or defensive capabilities

Doesn’t make any sense to me

I've seen some crazy things on FF in my time on here but an 18-pager on some non entity of theirs wanting to leave really does take the biscuit.

the amount of folk posting that they cant believe this thread is so long, have probably added 5 pages

Last edited:
The Germans clearly have to much money if they spend anywhere near 10m for Ting Tong!
His only real attribute is fitness, can't defend, can't cross, can't score. Don't say you weren't warned Adolph!

By the time the scum Pay off Man City they'll have enough left over to buy a player like....Frimpong I suppose! :))

If he had a decent end product he would be OK, he was one of their better players but suppose that doesn't say much for the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back