I tried the new account bit.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
password, so I put in my vst password
repeat
it came up I need upper, lower number stuff,
does that indicate I need a new password as my old one didn’t have an upper case?
Same here mate. I'm lost with this shit and getting angrier by the minute
No

one of the letter needs to be a capital and add a number if your current password doesn't have one

e.g Password55

I’m a virtual st only.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
repeat
does that indicate I need a new password as my old one didn’t have an upper case?
I’d say yes to that question. Give it a go and create a new, compliant, Password. I think it’s simply the email address that’s critical. If it doesn’t work you’ve lost nothing.

I’m a virtual st only.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
repeat
When I was setting up my new account I changed my password because the one I had was a bugger to remember.

Used a new password, got verified, logged in with my email and new password and it worked perfectly.

That’s for a RTV international account though and not VST but I’d imagine it should work just the same for you.

Errors:
  • We could not find an My Rangers account registered to that email address - are you sure you entered your email correctly?
I've only got one email address. Ready to punch a hole in wall:mad:
Make sure you actually type the address in, in full, rather than selecting it from any pop-up menu that appears when you start to enter it. Seen others say that gets around this problem.

I’m a virtual st only.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
repeat
I entered a new password with a mix of upper case and lower case and ending with #1 and BINGO

Got a message saying it isnt compatible with my device.

Incidentally when I search for apps in Playstore I rarely find what Im looking for. For example I now have a Rangers FC app that seems to be run by amgstream and it lets me access Rangers TV. When I search for this on Playstore it isnt there. I got it through a link on here and have it installed.

This is the really weird thing. Ive installed it twice and although they look the same the work differently.

The main thing is I think Im good to go having checked to see if I can play the content.

Cheers to you and VB for the help.
Lots of people are getting incompatible messages with their android devices.
To me it sounds like they’ve really limited the compatibility to the newest android phones to cut down on compatibility issues/bugs.
Glad that the app you’re using works though.
Actually, do you remember the thread where you got the link to that alternative app?
It may be worth my while downloading it to see if it’ll work in my Nvidia Shield...

Lots of people are getting incompatible messages with their android devices.
To me it sounds like they’ve really limited the compatibility to the newest android phones to cut down on compatibility issues/bugs.
Glad that the app you’re using works though.
Actually, do you remember the thread where you got the link to that alternative app?
It may be worth my while downloading it to see if it’ll work in my Nvidia Shield...

I think it was one of your posts No 603. Have a look at the logo. Its the same "tile" on my app.

If this doesnt make sense then dont be surprised as Ive no idea if it does or not but that's how I access RTV.

I think it was one of your posts No 603. Have a look at the logo. Its the same "tile" on my app.

If this doesnt make sense then dont be surprised as Ive no idea if it does or not but that's how I access RTV.
One of my posts? I’ll go look. Cheers.

One of my posts? I’ll go look. Cheers.
I think what @LOL 133 has done is save the RangersTV website as a shortcut on his Home screen rather than download the App from what he’s described.

All good, its working and that’s what matters.

Right, gotcha. That link on my post is just to the RTV website. I posted that as an alternative for overseas bears on iOS that were waiting for the new app being released.
It’s not an app, just a website link. That’s why it’s got the RFC crest instead of the RTV logo of the app.

I think what @LOL 133 has done is save the RangersTV website as a shortcut on his Home screen rather than download the App from what he’s described.

I think you're right. It seems a samsung S6 isnt compatible with the RTV app. I cant even get it in Playstore.

This is going to cause problems for people with older devices I guess.

Yeah mate, realised as soon as I looked at the old post.

As long as it works for him and is taking his log in it’s all good.

At least it lets him watch since the new app won’t work in his device.

Right, gotcha. That link on my post is just to the RTV website. I posted that as an alternative for overseas bears on iOS that were waiting for the new app being released.
It’s not an app, just a website link. That’s why it’s got the RFC crest instead of the RTV logo of the app.

I hope it co tinues to work otherwise Im goosed.

I hope it co tinues to work otherwise Im goosed.
It will mate, it’s just a link to the website so no reason for it not to work.
You’ve saved the link as a shortcut on your phone so just treat it like the app and log in there when needed and it’ll work just fine.

I’m having an issue with the new ios app on iPad.
The app opens fine but when I try to play video content it prompts me to login

When I enter my login details, I get an error message saying I’m not connected to the internet.
1) I am connected

2) The same login credentials work fine on the iOS app on my iPhone

When I enter my login details, I get an error message saying I’m not connected to the internet.
1) I am connected

And it’s the new version 2 RTV app in your iPad too mate?
If it’s working ok on your phone then the issue must be related to the iPad alone.
You tried restarting the iPad and/or deleting the app and reinstalling?

Another thing to check, look at your Wi-fi settings on your iPhone since that’s working ok and make sure you have the same details on your iPad Wi-fi settings, just in case there’s a small change in the iPad that the app’s not liking.

1) I am connected

You sure you’ve got the NEW iOS App on the iPad? If the answer is ‘yes’ then try restarting your iPad and try again. Only time I’ve seen that message, which is meaningless, is when I tried to login to the OLD App.

You sure you’ve got the NEW iOS App on the iPad? If the answer is ‘yes’ then try restarting your iPad and try again. Only time I’ve seen that message, which is meaningless, is when I tried to login to the OLD App.
Well that was weird. I downloaded the app from the AppStore tonight and assumed it was the new version but must’ve installed an old version. Double checked the version after your post, updated and hey presto it works!

Cheers

Well that was weird. I downloaded the app from the AppStore tonight and assumed it was the new version but must’ve installed an old version. Double checked the version after your post, updated and hey presto it works!

Cheers
Fantastic mate!

Haha im In! To set up the this new account make sure to use your Rangers account login and not your RTV login!

Haha im In! To set up the this new account make sure to use your Rangers account login and not your RTV login!
??? Everything from the Club, and on the screen, was very specific in saying the opposite, ie use your existing RangersTV email. Mine are both the same so it didn’t matter right enough.

STEP ONE: When logging in to RangersTV for the first time after launch, you will need to create a new Rangers Account using the email address you currently use for RangersTV - you can do this here

??? Everything from the Club, and on the screen, was very specific in saying the opposite, ie use your existing RangersTV email. Mine are both the same so it didn’t matter right enough.
Im on a PC so dont know if the instructions differ to the phone, but this point wasnt very clear. Both have the same email, I was using my RTV login and getting nowhere, then started from scratch using My Rangers account login.

Bingo

Last edited:
Alright lads. Need some technical help. I have d/l new app on Android and been able to login. However I get to the home page of app and it just has a spinning circle trying to load. I cant click on any of the icons, just in perpetual loading. I have deleted and reinstalled a few times. I can log in via website fine, any ideas about the app?

Alright lads. Need some technical help. I have d/l new app on Android and been able to login. However I get to the home page of app and it just has a spinning circle trying to load. I cant click on any of the icons, just in perpetual loading. I have deleted and reinstalled a few times. I can log in via website fine, any ideas about the app?
You did set up the new account first didn’t you?
If not, then you’ll have problems.

If you’ve already set up the new account and got verified, make sure it’s the version 1 RTV app with the dark blue tile.

Here’s the link to the new version for android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.streamamg.rangerstv&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Try restarting your device and trying again. Works for some. Most are having no issues with the Android App but at least 1 poster has the same symptoms as you.

Try restarting your device and trying again. Works for some. Most are having no issues with the Android App but at least 1 poster has the same symptoms as you.
Seems like the iOS version has been much smoother, probably because most iPhone users are in roughly the same iOS version whereas android have so many devices and OS versions, it’s a logistic nightmare to maintain compatibility with then all.
I think a lot of android users are finding their device is not supported.

STEP ONE: When logging in to RangersTV for the first time after launch, you will need to create a new Rangers Account using the email address you currently use for RangersTV - you can do this here
You are right, Ally is wrong. Must be your RTV account email. Must

Im on a PC so dont know if the instructions differ to the phone, but this point wasnt very clear. Both have the same email, I was using my RTV login and getting nowhere, then started from scratch using My Rangers account login.

Bingo
Sounds like you were trying to log in without registering again?

I am an old guy in his’80’s who pays monthly to Rangers TV and would value some help. My email address is an aol one and I have not experienced previous difficulty when logging into Rangers TV. However, when I now try to sign in I get a message to say that my account is not active and they are sending me an email. The email hasn’t arrived. I have gone through this process several times. I just don’t know what to do next so if someone can come to my assistance I would be most grateful.

Sounds like you were trying to log in without registering again?
Re registering was the first thing I tried yesterday and couldnt get a confirmation email, tried no end using both the new and old details. 30 mins ago I started from scratch this time using my Rangers account and not my RTV account login (both accounts have the same email) Instant reply, it worked first time.

Last edited:
I am an old guy in his’80’s who pays monthly to Rangers TV and would value some help. My email address is an aol one and I have not experienced previous difficulty when logging into Rangers TV. However, when I now try to sign in I get a message to say that my account is not active and they are sending me an email. The email hasn’t arrived. I have gone through this process several times. I just don’t know what to do next so if someone can come to my assistance I would be most grateful.
Hi mate, there’s been major issues getting emails out to sky, yahoo and aol accounts (I was one of them)
@Greg Marshall has been helping bears get accounts verified.
I don’t think I’m being too forward in saying if you messaged Greg your email address you used he should be able to get you sorted.

Had problems logging in on a Mac. Would not accept my details and when i clicked on "forgot password", it advised that I did not have an account under that email address.
Downloaded the app on the iPad, used the finger scanner to confirm my email and it confirmed right away. Got the link - it still would not accept on the mac, but allowed iPad again.
Long story, short - it does not like Mac !

Thankyou.

Tried, but still same loading screen.
Intriguingly i used my work phone and logged in no bother. Signed out, tried again on the Samsung s10 and still loading. RTV on website working fine, just the app:( checked the version, dark tile v.01 so that seems right to! Any ideas?

The first part of this process is the need to Create New Account mate. Everybody needs to create a new Account. If you haven’t already done so then check out post #465 in this thread and do so.

Part of that process involves getting a Verification email sent to your registered (in your case AOL) email address. There are delays in receipt of the Verification email when sent to AOL, Yahoo or Sky email addresses. Create the new Account then wait 12 hours. If no verification email received - note it will likely land in your Junk folder - then message the SLO @Greg Marshall on here.

Had problems logging in on a Mac. Would not accept my details and when i clicked on "forgot password", it advised that I did not have an account under that email address.
Downloaded the app on the iPad, used the finger scanner to confirm my email and it confirmed right away. Got the link - it still would not accept on the mac, but allowed iPad again.
You need to go through the Create New Account process. See post #465. But it sounds like the address you think you have for RTV is different to the one you have registered.

One thing to check, on the Mac make sure you actually type the full email address in rather than selecting it from any pop-up menu that appears.

I verified and set mine up in a Mac and RTV is playing perfectly on it.
I know some people said that they were having issues because their details were auto completing, but when they returned them manually, it worked.
Maybe that was the issue in your Mac?

Re registering was the first thing I tried yesterday and couldnt get a confirmation email, tried no end using both the new and old details. 30 mins ago I started from scratch this time using my Rangers account and not my RTV account login (both accounts have the same email) Instant reply, it worked first time.
Forgive me but if they have the same email then how are you using one and not the other? You would be using both no?

Thankyou.

Tried, but still same loading screen.
Intriguingly i used my work phone and logged in no bother. Signed out, tried again on the Samsung s10 and still loading. RTV on website working fine, just the app:( checked the version, dark tile v.01 so that seems right to! Any ideas?
I’m out of ideas mate. Some having issues with older phones but the S10 is fine. Is the Samsung software up to date? If you're definitely created they new account I’m stumped.

I’m out of ideas mate. Some having issues with older phones but the S10 is fine. Is the Samsung software up to date? If you're definitely created they new account I’m stumped.
No worries my man, thanks for trying
I will check the software otherwise its the website for me

If they’ve both got the same email addrsss that shouldn’t have mattered. All that’s required is that the email address matches one registered to RangersTV. You have the same address for both accounts so, obviously, it would work, regardless of any password you put in (assuming the two accounts had different passwords).

No worries my man, thanks for trying
I will check the software otherwise its the website for me
What Android OS version is your phone running that the app won’t work on?
System requirements in Playstore says Android 8.0 is minimum version required for it to work.

Back