Problems logging into RTV

If they’ve both got the same email addrsss that shouldn’t have mattered. All that’s required is that the email address matches one registered to RangersTV. You have the same address for both accounts so, obviously, it would work, regardless of any password you put in (assuming the two accounts had different passwords).
Yes thats what I totally forgot two different passwards, one for RTV and another for Rangers account both same email though. Now its all under one password so thats actually a lot better

What Android OS version is your phone running that the app won’t work on?
System requirements in Playstore says Android 8.0 is minimum version required for it to work.
Just checked, im on Android 10. All very strange, I can login, get to mai screen but it just loads and eventually app closes

Yes thats what I totally forgot two different passwards, one for RTV and another for Rangers account both same email though. Now its all under one password so thats actually a lot better
Same as me mate. To be clear though, the Create New Account process only looks at your email and not password match.

Either way, you’re sorted. That’s what matters.

Just checked, im on Android 10. All very strange, I can login, get to mai screen but it just loads and eventually app closes
That’s weird mate because you more than meet the system requirements.
I don’t use android, so can’t check, but is there any way to clear the cache files on the app?

This is going to sound a bit daft but you have definitely downloaded the NEW App and not simply re-downloaded the old one have you? Dark blue tile with RTV on it - R in white and T &V in red.

This is the link:

Firstly you need your VPN on. Secondly, scroll to the match on the RTV website Home page and click on Subscribe. Option for 3 day pass comes up.
Thanks mate but when I scrolled to the match I just have a ‘Rangers tv’ option and a ‘tickets’ option. Click on Rangers tv and still no subscribe option. Vpn on.

Forgive me but if they have the same email then how are you using one and not the other? You would be using both no?
Same Email but had different passwords, The RTV one wouldnt work wheras when it finally dawned on me to try the pass for Rangers account it worked first time. Now ive got one email and one password which is much better.

This is going to sound a bit daft but you have definitely downloaded the NEW App and not simply re-downloaded the old one have you? Dark blue tile with RTV on it - R in white and T &V in red.

This is the link:

Sure have mate. I just cleared cache too but still doing its loading dance. I can see the 3 options down the bottom but can't click any of them as its still in loading mode

So, I’ve just tried Airplaying to my old Apple TV 2 and it’s working great!
I’m sure that on the old app I had to have my phone open on the stream to keep it going and if I locked the phone it would stop working?
it’s been a while since I tried so not sure if that was the case.
This version I have Inside Ibrox running, streaming to the tv while I write this, and I’ve also had the phone on Lock Screen too and the stream keeps playing.
I’ll be using this way to watch the game tomorrow since I’d need up have used the website on my Nvidia Shield instead.

Thanks mate but when I scrolled to the match I just have a ‘Rangers tv’ option and a ‘tickets’ option. Click on Rangers tv and still no subscribe option. Vpn on.
You aren’t in the App are you? It’s not possible to purchase on the App because Apple/Google take a 20% slice of the cost.

This is the RangersTV Home page. Scroll down and the first thing you see is tomorrow’s match with a Subscribe button next to it. Click on it for options.

Sure have mate. I just cleared cache too but still doing its loading dance. I can see the 3 options down the bottom but can't click any of them as its still in loading mode
Might be a daft question, but do you have Adobe Flash on your phone (not even sure if that’s even possible on android)
I’m sure I read yesterday or earlier today that someone deleted flash and that solved their issues. They may have been talking about it on a computer though.
If you have it installed, maybe worth a try by deleting it?

You aren’t in the App are you? It’s not possible to purchase on the App because Apple/Google take a 20% slice of the cost.

This is the RangersTV Home page. Scroll down and the first thing you see is tomorrow’s match with a Subscribe button next to it. Click on it for options.

No, it’s the site I’m on mate. I always buy on the site rather than the app. Can’t even get into the App for some reason. I’ll try your link for a different view.

No, it’s the site I’m on mate. I always buy on the site rather than the app. Can’t even get into the App for some reason. I’ll try your link for a different view.
As regards not getting in on the App, and possibly the other issue as well, you have been through the Create New Account process that this thread is all about I assume? If not, see post #465.

Have you got your VPN enabled before logging on? As Valley Bluenose said, this needs switched on before looking to buy.

Edit, just noticed on your earlier post that you did have VPN on, so not sure why it’s not an option then. Sorry mate.

Last edited:
As regards not getting in on the App, and possibly the other issue as well, you have been through the Create New Account process that this thread is all about I assume? If not, see post #465.
Have you got your VPN enabled before logging on? As Valley Bluenose said, this needs switched on before looking to buy.
I have mate. Been buying all season for away games with no probs.

I have. Account successfully created and eventually received the confirmation email. Delay in that link working to but can log in no problem.

Something is obviously giving me a different view from you though as I just don’t have an option to buy the three day pass.

I have mate. Delays because I was one of the problem emails but sorted.
Switch off the VPN. Try clearing cache/cookies then close browser. Switch VPN on and select overseas location. Load browser. Try again. There’s really no explanation for you not seeing the Subscribe button. You see that even if you haven’t logged in so it’s nothing to do with the Account.

Will catch up on this in the morning.

I have. Account successfully created and eventually received the confirmation email. Delay in that link working to but can log in no problem.

Something is obviously giving me a different view from you though as I just don’t have an option to buy the three day pass.
Not even sure if this link will take you there, but this is what I see when searching and the three day pass is an option - https://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

Might be a daft question, but do you have Adobe Flash on your phone (not even sure if that’s even possible on android)
I’m sure I read yesterday or earlier today that someone deleted flash and that solved their issues. They may have been talking about it on a computer though.
If you have it installed, maybe worth a try by deleting it?
Checked, couldn't see adobe installed on my phone. What a bizarre quirk. I'll just keep trying i suppose

With yahoo/sky never got the email, registered using the internet and then got a conformation email.
The RangersTV app on my iPad not letting me login, deleted the old app then downloaded from the App Store RangersTV all good again.

That's exactly what's happening with me too mate. I'm doing everything right, Android version 11, the app just isn't working.

Just got the app working on my iPhone 11.

Two initial issues.

1. don’t seem to be able to cast to my chrome cast. Has anyone solved this yet?

2. can’t see anywhere to buy the hibs game. I’m actually in Australia so usually comes up as an option.

I can login on my phone on safari but not on the new app. It says something about checking my internet connection(which is fine)

worried I won’t get it fixed in time for game now.

I’ve been messing about with the app on both my iPhone & iPad this morning, so I can’t comment on the android version.

Unlike the old app, it seems this new version only lets you airplay to an Apple TV.

There isn’t an option to cast direct to a chrome cast device (which my tv is) which I could do with the old app.

Seems like a bit of a backwards step in my opinion but maybe something they’ll sort in a future update.

Ideally I’d like to be able to side load & have it working directly on my Nvidia Shield.

Just got the app working on my iPhone 11.

Two initial issues.

1. don’t seem to be able to cast to my chrome cast. Has anyone solved this yet?

2. can’t see anywhere to buy the hibs game. I’m actually in Australia so usually comes up as an option.
For those trying to buy the 3 day pass that are either genuinely abroad, or are in UK but have their VPN on, can they try going to the link below?
The 3 day pass should be one of the options, I think the third one down -

Back