The Sun apologises for graphic which showed Gerrard and Tav carrying weapons

mdingwall

Administrator
Cw2IViX.jpg

"A well-intentioned attempt at illustrating the article"?

From the Cambridge dictionary ......

fortress
noun [ C ]
UK
/ˈfɔː.trəs/ US

/ˈfɔːr.trəs/

a large, strong building or group of buildings that can be defended from attack
So, not a couple of men with guns.

They are illiterate imbeciles.
Who defends fortresses? Men with guns.

I see absolutely nothing to be offended over here at all.

Whoever thought that was funny or appropriate has the mind of child. Not massively offensive or anything just why?
Don't find it offensive, but whatever the reason for it, there was no doubt an agenda to portray our club somehow in a negative light. Maybe they're changing tactics to go for the more bizarre, off the wall approach in the hope that none of us will notice.

Saw the photos on here previously and can't say I was overly fussed but it's not me in the photographs.

Obviously attempting to emphasis our form this season, and I guess it could be argued by some that the pictures are in poor taste.

My gripe with apologies in newspapers is that they should be as prominent in the publication as the original article. Not necessarily the same size of article but so that it can be seen easily by the reader.

Anything using pictures of guns or knives for comedy or illustrative purposes is always going to receive complaints, it's just the way it is. I personally don't find it offensive however a national newspaper should really know it would be controversial.

Anyway. We're pumping Hibs the night. Mon the teddy's.

Nothing much wrong with that and I'd rather we went after the media when they actually have a go at us tbh.

At worst it's a bit daft from the paper but anyone offended by it must be offended constantly.

The sun is literally the most disgusting paper on earth but I genuinely dont see anything wrong with that and understand the context they were trying to use

To be fair mate it’s not about you having an issue with it or not. I imagine it’s not a look Gerrard or Tavernier want to have. Gerrard has always been protective of his image
To be fair mate it was posted on a forum and I gave an opinion.

Someone was offended by it! Otherwise there was no apology.

I don’t have an issue it. But there are possibilities given previous.

Police offended by use of the image? Rangers upset at the depiction of their employees? Tim’s up set about the depiction of the Protestant unionist club being represented by her majesty’s constabulary?

Not sure why otherwise an apology was felt due.

If the Sun wanted to inject some attempt at humour why not use Dads Army characters instead ?

Maybe the editor isn’t that smart or switched on and just went for the automatic weapon look with body armour and forget if it’s distasteful images

Sums up the Sun

Don't see why people are offended by the picture. I don't think portraying football people with firearms is a good idea and the club would be justified in nipping it in the bud by complaining but offended no way.

Back