Kamara contract .

We've got a few players to tie down, Kamara being one of them.

The carrot of playing in the Champions League should be more than enough.

Even if we have one or two players looking to move to the English premier league or something we should be doing all we can to tie them down on longer contracts just to maximise any transfer fee.

Surely even with 2, 1/2 years left , we reward the boy . He deserves it ,

I don’t even think it’s due to the duration has still had left on his contract (which is still relatively long). I think he’s probably on a pittance of a wage in footballing terms considering his ability. Prob one of our lowest paid first team players outwith youth players who’ve recently come from the academy.

Throwing it out there, maybe Kamara has said he’s not looking for a new contract? Maybe he has an eye on a move in the summer?

I doubt the contract isn’t getting done because the club don’t want to do it.

I don’t even think it’s due to the duration has still had left on his contract (which is still relatively long). I think he’s probably on a pittance of a wage in footballing terms considering his ability. Prob one of our lowest paid first team players outwith youth players who’ve recently come from the academy.
Exactly mate , one of the various reasons . Around £6k seemingly . Can’t prove that but would be about right .

Throwing it out there, maybe Kamara has said he’s not looking for a new contract? Maybe he has an eye on a move in the summer?

Even with that mate . Why would you not take extra wages short term .

You could be right there mate, been linked to a big money move previously. Suppose you could also argue after winning 55 his stock will be at an all time high. maybe wanting to take this chance to really max out his earnings.

After winning the league I’ll hold no grudge against anyone that wants to go in the summer, they will forever be hero’s in my eyes

2 years left in the summer is getting to the stage where we get him signed on a long-term contract or cash in on him. Hopefully it's the former although I think we're all aware that someone will be sold in the summer, I'd rather it wasn't Kamara though!

Think he has done enough to decide if he wants to stay or go. If he wants to stay then definitely give him a decent pay rise in the summer. If he wants to go, he goes with my best wishes.

I hope we are waiting until the league is in the bag before rewarding players with contracts in the hope they keep their eye on the prize

Even if he is sold, he goes with my best wishes. He’s been a real treat to watch and improve since we’ve had him.

Would love an extension with even a year, more wages for him then sell in the summer if that is his intention.

Without us he wouldnt have got to this level.

So it's a two way street for me.

I hope he plays for a top top side as he has the potential to do so.

Love to see him stay, he gets better and better, the bargain of bargains.

However we were told in the AGM that we expect to sell 2 players in the close season. It will be our strategy going forward and let’s face it we can’t continue making losses, the club’s well being is paramount.

I expect Kamara to be sought after.

He can go but still deserves the plaudits from every one of us.

Last edited:
Get him on another long term contract to drive up his price. Unfortunately I think we will cash in this summer.

Class player getting better and better with our management team.

Will be gutted if he is sold but after being released as a youngster and working his way to the top I won't hold any grudges.

Yup, a good euros will only bump it up. I fully expect us to make a few sales this summer. Way of the game
I think you are right, we have kept the squad going to get this title, I think we will see a different approach going forward.

Bosmans etc in - Big sales out

If the sales balance the books - the surplus is used on purchases

The club and Kamara's representatives will be working away on this I imagine. And it'll get finalised and announced at the right time no doubt. There's a good bit of PR to be had on the back of these things, and a shot across the boughs when other clubs have players wanting out.

I can only envisage Kamara champing at the bit for Champions League with us next season.

McGregor and Davis should get new 1 year deals and Kamara, Tav and Goldson should be getting new long term contacts. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Has the gaffer not mentioned a couple of times now that he wants to see Kamara’s contract talks finalised?
I have wondered why it hasn’t happened if I’m honest.

In the voice of Louis Walsh

"You're like a young Patrick Viera, but you know what, you put your own spin on it ( :confused: ) 'cos you have more technical ability and speed!"
I called him a young Patrick Vieira in his first few games. I said it tongue in cheek, he was playing well but obviously not to that level.

Now, I could say it with a straight face.

Not sure why we’ve not heard anything regarding contract renewal. Might be all parties have just said they will sort it in the summer and focus on the league.

Let’s get this title over the line and then let’s discuss contracts.
But I agree, when the time is right Kamara is top priority, along with a few others.

One of the lowest paid players in the first team squad - he deserves a new deal.

Kamaras contract. Priority.
He's gettin the courage to fully use his skills. Goin to be proper football player.

We've got a few players to tie down, Kamara being one of them.

The carrot of playing in the Champions League should be more than enough.
He needs paid to secure his future and any tapping up with promises of riches, just to think CL football will be enough won’t work

Get the league won then deal with it.

Pull of CL football will be huge in not only retaining players but attracting new ones in the door.

Focus on what is the primary objective and that's to get the title in the bag as soon as possible then get him tied down on a contract before he goes to the euros.

He needs paid to secure his future and any tapping up with promises of riches, just to think CL football will be enough won’t work
it's massive.

sign a new deal, play at the euros and then in the champions league - a good showing in both is the difference in him being considered for a move to a bottom half EPL team (or similar) and a move to a big hitter.

kamara will 100% want to have a go at the champions league.

Get him on another long term contract to drive up his price. Unfortunately I think we will cash in this summer.

I think we will cash in on one player. It’ll be kamara, Morelos or barasic I would say.

Out of the three Morelos would probably be the one we can replace easier (wouldn’t of said that last year though)

I think keeping the core of the squad and qualifying for the champions league will elevate the need to sell too many players

Can see us getting some decent bids for him after he rips up the Euros in the summer.... lets start the bidding at £30m Juve

I think we will cash in on one player. It’ll be kamara, Morelos or barasic I would say.

Out of the three Morelos would probably be the one we can replace easier (wouldn’t of said that last year though)

I think keeping the core of the squad and qualifying for the champions league will elevate the need to sell too many players
I agree with everything you've said. I feel now that Kamara will have the most suitors and get us the best price.

Would love to see him strutting his stuff in the CL next season though!

Agreed but he's being linked with European clubs / Premier League clubs and so we need the incentive of CL football to keep him here IMO.

Probably still on the wage he was when we signed him for 50k.

I've no doubt the contract will come for him, Goldson and Tav and whoever else is needing one. Club probably rightly working through pre-contracts and getting players off the books this month before the window closes.

Once it's shut, the contracts will come imo.

Back