There's been so many things that's held us down
But now it looks like things are finally comin' around
I know we've got, a long long way to go
And where we'll end up, I don't know
But we won't let nothin' hold us back
We're putting our selves together
We're polishing up our act!
If you felt we've been held down before
I know you'll refuse to be held down anymore!
Don't you let nothing, nothing
Stand in your way!
I want ya'll to listen, listen

For some noise - Thunderstruck, Hells Bells, Whole Lotta Rosie, AC/DC. One from the memory bank, Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep, Middle of the Road, had our own lyrics back in 71, which some older bears may recall.

I think you should add some more Rangers songs, then that’s a great set to listen to throughout the day.
I'd deliberately left traditional club/fan songs out as there's loads of playlists with them in it.
I went for fan adopted songs, songs played at goals and songs that sum up how we're feeling whether in title or the lyrics.
I'm no DJ but tried to list them as cheesy party songs then a bit of dance/pop rolling into rousing rock then into the comedown emotional realisation 55 has happened with the Champions League Music as the fitting end B-)

Swing low, sweet chariot (Gerrard fucked yer 10 in a row) B-D

Maybe not a song for the 55 playlist but can someone tell me the name of the song to which we sing “Celtic get battered, everywhere they go” ? Minds went blank

Getting my Spotify playlist ready for when Tav raises that big cup above his head and the league flag is finally home. Obvious ones to start with but need some more.

I already have a playlist of our more cultural and football related songs so I’m thinking more mainstream music.

Tina Turner - Simply The Best
Queen - We Are The Champions
The Drifters - Come On Over To My Place
Roy Orbison -Penny Arcade
Stone Roses - This Is The One
Mental As Anything - Live It Up (duly edited)

What am I missing? Cheers.
How about Ferry across the Mersey, for the Gaffer.

Great thread lad's have compiled my own in Spotify - Scott's Playlist for 55. Captured most on here, with a few more.

I cannae believe that nobody has mentioned this classic from Helicopter Sunday, one of the original videos on youtube.

And another with the same title:

It's going to be epic!!!!

I put we have an anchor on mine as there was a cracking you tube video made about what we were going through in 2012 with that song on it

I didn't put Ibroxonia on mine. I just can't. For as much as I love the song, it takes me back to when we were at our very lowest, the wife was at work and the kids at school and I was messing about the house with random songs playing from my playlists. Ibroxomia came on and I broke down, just like you would if you had a very sick loved one who you are not sure will make it. I can't listen to it without welling up big style.

Don't want to be sitting in the corner greetin' at the party for 55. All the greetin' will already have been done at the final whistle.

Getting my Spotify playlist ready for when Tav raises that big cup above his head and the league flag is finally home. Obvious ones to start with but need some more.

I already have a playlist of our more cultural and football related songs so I’m thinking more mainstream music.

Daydream believer , cheer up Neil Lennon

Tiffany lol

Never thought I'd have Lighthouse Family on the playlist, but this montage is class

I am the Resurrection - Stone Roses

54-46 (changed to 55-51 for singing purposes) was my number - Toots and the maytals
edit You Can Get it if You Really Want - Desmond Dekker

There was nothing which illustrated their whole Terry Munro entitlement than their proposed “conference” in Clark County, Nevada. Millions going. Mare than Su-ville. Fortunately for them, they were compensated due to COVID, but none the less they were forced to rethink their whole shindig and their trips of a lifetime were incinerated like the atomic bomb testing of the 50’s in the Nevada desert. A wee song to cheer them up (I know it’s not the original)

This is the one- the stone roses
The best - Tina Turner as was my late mums favourite song
Fernando-abba
And what ever cultural tunes are on YouTube.

Last edited:
Louie Louie by Toots & the Maytals. Just a feelgood song.
House party by the Showstoppers
And a cheesy but goody, the Neverending Story by Limahl

Last edited:
Back