Social contact limits over by 21st June

Broxi1985

Official Ticketer
As stated by the prime minister. Does this mean full capacity crowds allowed for season starting?

w3ADcjc.gif

It's very difficult to say, I'd imagine there may need to be provision of rapid testing before we can have 50,000 back at Ibrox.

Taken from the roadmap for England

Large events

132. DCMS and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have been
working with representatives from industry and civil society to explore when and how
events with larger crowd sizes, less social distancing or in settings where
transmission is more likely (i.e. indoors), will be able to return safely. This includes
sports events, music festivals and large weddings and conferences.

133. Over the spring the Government will run a scientific Events Research Programme.
This will include a series of pilots using enhanced testing approaches and other
measures to run events with larger crowd sizes and reduced social distancing to
evaluate the outcomes. The pilots will start in April.

134. The Government will bring the findings from across different sectors and different
settings to determine a consistent approach to lifting restrictions on these events.
Depending on the outcome of this work, the Government hopes to be able to lift
restrictions on these events and sectors as part of Step 4

Personally I think the Goverment are being quite cute with their wording here.

I read it as meetups, rule of 6, etc and not social distancing requirements.

My worry is that they are setting us up for a massive and bitter disappointment.

We need to get out of lockdown. The UK cannot survive too much more of this and for the sake of the people living here things need to start getting back to some kind of norm. If we can stick to those kind of dates then fantastic. However, if it's just going to keep the cycle starting again then there is little point. It just goes to show the exit strategy is weak and possibly the wrong people working on it.

So, hopefully they'll get it right and this is a goal to work to.

We just need to see what the narcissistic little shit Nicola does now. As she really doesn't want out of lockdown and I can see her doing what she can to throw a spanner in the works. Probably why she wasn't all that interested in todays meeting with the other leaders and preferred to go eye rolling on TV instead.

My worry is that they are setting us up for a massive and bitter disappointment.

We need to get out of lockdown. The UK cannot survive too much more of this and for the sake of the people living here things need to start getting back to some kind of norm. If we can stick to those kind of dates then fantastic. However, if it's just going to keep the cycle starting again then there is little point. It just goes to show the exit strategy is weak and possibly the wrong people working on it.

So, hopefully they'll get it right and this is a goal to work to.

We just need to see what the narcissistic little shit Nicola does now. As she really doesn't want out of lockdown and I can see her doing what she can to throw a spanner in the works. Probably why she wasn't all that interested in todays meeting with the other leaders and preferred to go eye rolling on TV instead.
I have no time for her but this rushing into opening up everything is madness, science tells us if we move to quick we are back to square one.

Sporting crowds back in May 17th out last split game is 15th May, or is it? What was that little known rule the SFA said Celtic could use to delay their Dubai return game by 48 hours ;) make it be, please make it be

In England , Boris has targeted 21st June for lifting of all restrictions.

Logically that would include testing.
Given how scarce our rapid testing capacity currently is, I'm personally a bit sceptical that we'll get there by 21/06.

Presumably it won't be cheap to provide rapid testing either. PCR tests were very expensive (upwards of £20 a pop), I assume lateral flow tests are considerably cheaper.

Bigger sports stadiums will be allowed 10,000 people or can only be a quarter full, whichever is lower

Given how scarce our rapid testing capacity currently is, I'm personally a bit sceptical that we'll get there by 21/06.

Presumably it won't be cheap to provide rapid testing either. PCR tests were very expensive, I assume lateral flow were considerably cheaper.
And a total waste of time if numbers are low.

We may even return to only testing sick people.

No earlier than 21st of June, so should be good to go by the 32nd of julember
Noticed that it's ca document sized as best case with getouts throughout.

As a road map is fine and works but reading closely is tied into this year's budget and forecasted income and expenditure by the goverment.

I just scanned it but decent plan but it will have set backs throughout.

Part of me thinks they are just doing what c they did last year and let us out for the summer before locking us up again

As a road map is fine and works but reading closely is tied into this year's budget and forecasted income and expenditure by the goverment.

Part of me thinks they are just doing what c they did last year and let us out for the summer before locking us up again
There would be absolutely no justification for that or any further lockdowns with the way vaccines have been handled, the country will be a completely different place by then

The vaccines have 80% plus success. When you add in those that have already had the virus, myself included, then there's no reason to suggest another lockdown.

Interesting. Boris says we could be having no restriction Covid Victory street parties on 21st June less than a week after Nicola says you'll not be able to have a foreign summer holiday.

As long as we're all clear.

FBS
Nicola has no power to stop us - the only ones that will suffer will be Glasgow and Edinburgh airport if she persists with her crusade

The vaccines have 80% plus success. When you add in those that have already had the virus, myself included, then there's no reason to suggest another lockdown.
That's just my worst case thoughts im not saying their will be but also population manage with things like this otherwise they have riots in the streets.

Though this document is much clearer vision of the future than previously and as more information is gathered will improve until normality returns

We're vaccinating in excess of 10 million per month with close to 18 million done already.
We're also sending kids back to school to mix with loads of other households before there is enough vaccinations done to control it.

Utter madness

Swinney has said the SNP won't be copying westminster in their covid plans. I reckon those snp arseholes will keep us out for the rest of the season.

Back