Be honest - did anyone expect a romp?

We did look good in pre season and thankfully never really looked back. The clean sheet clues were there but most don't read much in to friendlies. Some of the signings exceeded expectation like McLaughlin, Bassey and Balogun for free or low amount. The league opposition struggling to get shots in at our goal just made us more formidable. I did not expect us to be as consistent but standards squad depth and competition for places has made us more streetwise.

Can you imagine the carnage on here if it was still neck and neck?

And I would be one of the first screaming like a wee lassie! every time we dropped a point !@!@

Aye, Mr D King told us their arses would go when faced with a real challenge.lets hope there is more to come in Hibs taken second spot

No.

I’m really glad it’s panned out this way though.

I don’t think I could have coped with a tight race down to the wire.

Fancied us to win it but not by this margin. And by the way, what an achievement this will be. We never heard the end of how good that lot were in Rodgers first season and we are on course to wrap the league up a month earlier than his team did. As well as our remarkable European run. Our achievements this season will be massively downplayed when in reality they have been nothing short of outstanding. We’ll be told that it’s down to their collapse but if you look at the improvement and planning season after season since Gerrard took over, it’s clear there was a plan for us to really take off this season. Recruitment, planning, game management - we are seeing the fruits of 3years of very hard work and it really excites me to think we can get even better with access to CL funds etc

I was quietly confident we were going to win the league this season.

I thought we could have won it last season - still irked by the way they were gifted it with us having a game in hand and 2 head to heads - that's 9 points off a 13 point lead....fxxk right off. I suppose it makes what is happening this season all the sweeter.

I have been delighted with the level of consistency we have shown - 26 wins and 4 draws from 30 games with a +64 GD - that is an exceptionally high standard.

I felt it would be considerably closer than it is. I expected their standards to dip but not to the point where they would fail to win 11 games in 30.

The Rangers players and management are making me so proud. Our focus at home and in Europe - where we have been consistently at a very high level (Unbeaten in 10= 8W-2D-0L) much to my personal surprise - has been absolutely first class.

We are almost there - I just wish we could all be there to share it.

Didn't in a million years see this coming.

I thought we'd give them a challenge this year, a good one, but even at a push I wouldn't have gone above a 50/50 shot. I thought if we did manage it we would be scrapping with them week on week, point on point, until the last day.

If you told me we'd be 18 points in front and 7 off the title in February I'd have told you to book an appointment with the GP.

No.

I think there has always been some suspicion about Lennon for a few seasons now, but he always seemed to be able to get results against the rest of the SPL

Being perfectly honest I didnt fear the mentally challengeds at all this season, I feared how we would handle being frustrated by other teams. Ive felt confident going into OF games since the SLCF but it was visits to Livingston, Fir Park and the like that worried me.

I thought they’d be using every puppet at the SFA and SPFL to see them right in a tight title race but never expected us to blow them away and make their corrupt ways irrelevant.

No.

Thank f.uck we did have that big lead. A Helicopter Sunday type season would have ended this Bear.

Not in the slightest, have to pinch myself at times, nobody would’ve believed we’d be in February and touching distance

Way I saw it was we were improving and learning since SG arrived and as far as I was concerned the past few seasons they were there for the taking but make no mistake our team has fought for every yard gained, every goal scored and every point made!

What SG, his backroom staff and along with everyone at Ibrox have done on and off the park has been incredible! I thank my lucky stars I am here to witness our return to the very top and I am so proud of our club, been a privilege and an honour to watch these guys achieve this special moment in our history and I believe it will be the special one of many! WATP

When Ryan Kent put away that goal against the sheep in our first game this season, I was on a high (yes, that early) and then the results flowed, I sort of had a good feeling about the season but to be this far ahead at this stage is well....orgasmic!!

They couldn't even win a vote for their tainted 8.75

Seeing them for what they are and back in their place has been glorious.

I thought we would win it this year but never once did I think we would be eighteen points clear with eight games to go.

After the cup defeat at Tynecastle last season , I was worried that we could be a great team but didnt have the 'will'. Or just something missing.
This team/squad has answered that in loads.
And whats even more exciting is that we can still improve!
Thats not being 'moany', its just the possibilties with Stevie G and this squad are amazing.

Them not getting Frather Forster was a turning point for me, because they waited most of the window for him only to be turned down,then ended up with that big greek diddy ;) add big calamity Shane in front of him and thats been a good part of there downfall although we have been excellent and imo no matter how they played, were never going to stop us this season.

B-D:)):shh:

They should be currently battling it out for 3rd spot with the Sheep.
There is still a chance of that, Hibs would be 9 behind if they win their game in hand. Aberdeen have a chance too if Kamberi starts scoring and both teams stop hibsing it.

If we were to beat Celtic twice more and Hibs/Aberdeen beat them, then its suddenly interesting and squeaky bum time for them.

All ifs and buts, however in this crazy season I wouldn't count it out.

They got what they deserve because they set the agenda. Moving first OF game, getting the Scottish cup completed by then they were many points behind and it gnawed into their small brains.

Being truthful I had some hope we'd win it under SG...but every daydream was in essence Helicopter Sunday, or similar.

I just couldn't see filth being so unprepared for a genuine challenge.

Did any of you actually really believe wheels would come off for them and of so why?

It's a romp now, is it?

Every week, half of the match day thread is taken up by bed-wetting hermaphrodites :oops:

Our start this season wasn't any better than last season. We were absolutely flying last season up till January.
We lost the first old firm against them last season... We beat them in the first one this season... Massive statement just when we needed it.. Their confidence suffered as a result

I thought it would be down to us v them games, and they have made a difference, , but not as much as usual.

I was very confident that a good Rangers side would comfortably beat them more often than not.

They have routinely been exposed as nothing more than flat track bullies by some fairly average European sides over the last few years.

What I never expected was that other Scottish teams would start to turn them over as well. Sides who were previously beaten before a ball was kicked suddenly started pressing them at every opportunity and all of a sudden their invincible aura is no more.

It has been glorious to watch and no more than we deserve after all we have endured.

We lost the first old firm against them last season... We beat them in the first one this season... Massive statement just when we needed it.. Their confidence suffered as a result
We still weren't any better off in terms of points this season even in December. I was assuming the thread was looking for pre-season opinions the OF game was a 1/4 of the way through the season.

I wasn’t confident of winning the league and thought if we did it would go to the last game or two. To be out of sight in February is dream land stuff.

Being truthful I had some hope we'd win it under SG...but every daydream was in essence Helicopter Sunday, or similar.

Did any of you actually really believe wheels would come off for them and of so why?
Their undoing was their arrogance, they thought what they had was plenty, and by the time they realised it wasn’t, it was too late, and the panic buys/loans started.

No but who cares it making the title win even sweater

The first OF game absolutely destroyed them. It was 2-0 and we strolled it in their backyard.. they've never recovered.

Their european form took its toll on their confidence too, whereas we had performed well and beat good teams comfortably.

Nobody couldve predicted how these season has gone and ill honestly feel a bit sad when its over. Once ive sobered up obviously.

Not only has it been a joy watching Rangers most of the time, the laughs that lot have provided is unprecedented. Timplosion on an industrial scale.

Start of the season I though we’d need to beat them at least three times. I expected there to be maybe single figure points between us at this stage.

In all honesty, I thought it had to be last season for us.
I really thought all the momentum would have been with them and they'd have won their 10.
Its been a truly momentous season for us, the best in my 56yrs.

After the shenanigan's that went on to hand them the title last year they deserve everything that's happened to them. I really want every single one of them to feel total hurt and pain, I don't care how much, or if it makes them genuinely depressed or ill. Its a big eff you from me.

I probably thought we’d be four points ahead by now.

I expected they would struggle somewhat off the back of lockdown just because the man in charge isn't professional enough or willing to trust technology/ any idea post 1980.

Didn't expect us to be so good. Thought we'd still be very nervy so I kind of expected both teams would have points totals in the order of where Bheast fc are.

No, hoped and prayed we could do it, expected a nervous long drawn out season, not to be sitting worry free before March!!!
Love it, listening to their pain Is glorious!!!

Since they beat us last season, Rangers have been building momentum.
January 2020 was bizarre but was mainly down to game-changing decisions by officials. We seemed to have gotten back on track when the season was halted.
I honestly think we would have closed that 10 point gap last year (a game in hand ) and given them a real fright.
We picked up where we left off and haven't looked back since.
Our relentless march and outstanding will to win is the reason we are champions.
They are having an average campaign and are likely to achieve a similar points total which previously saw them scoop the top prize.
No one could have predicted our consistency but everyone should acknowledge we are an outstanding side.

Get to the split in touch with them I would have bit your hand off, the way the team have performed has just blown me away.

No, I fancied us to win it but not as comprehensively as this. It's actually surreal how easy it's been.

Their first real challenge and they crumbled and better than that the poets are in a real mess. Long may it continue, remember they wanted us dead but they didn't take into our motto No Surrender.

Back