Social contact limits over by 21st June

Swinney has said the SNP won't be copying westminster in their covid plans. I reckon those snp arseholes will keep us out for the rest of the season.
They will keep us out for this season . Our season ends the 16th may anyway . But once we reach stage 4 of boris plan then the powers she has to restrict us disappears. She really has zero control when this end but to cry about this is why we need Indy

Except for viewers in Scotland, who will have their own program.

And I think Boris is being over optimistic again.

I was going to say that what Boris says means nothing since it’s Holyroods decision regarding lockdowns up here but I am going anyway.

Last edited:
You just stay hiding behind the couch then mate wen were all watching the flag being raised.
In reality. Everyone who wants to hide at home should be allowed to.
Everyone who wants out for work and socially should be allowed to.

Give those at home their wage, job security and whatever else allows the country back to normal.

And heavily punish anyone who takes advantage of free money but still thinks they can go out on the piss or whatever else.

Don't know why anyone is getting excited about the English plans. Yes they sound good (if a bit over-optimistic) but last time I checked we were in Scotland with a nasty little power-crazed boot in charge. And she's putting us back into the "Tier system" when the lockdown ends.

Hampden is potentially going to have 5k for the Euro games (apparantly this is what they can accomodate with social distancing). If this happens hopefully we can at least have some fans in for flag day and everyone back to hear the champions league theme belted out

Got a good mate who is involved in the EUROS in England. He's saying that after UEFA and corporate etc are issued with tickets, only 5k tickets for supporters for each team.

I think he is correct. They should vaccinate the teachers then 3 weeks later send the kids back.
I'm optimistic about getting full crowds back by season start but I think the school going back soon is a mistake.

They're at no higher risk than the general population and much lower than other essential workers who've been working throughout. Get the lazy koonts back to work.

I can’t see that happening up here.

Ruining the pub industry will make the binge drinking, domestic violence and drug figures all look better because you can’t get negative data from folk sitting in the house.

We’ll be stuck in for a fair bit longer.

I suspect it will be earlier than that if they can keep the momentum up on vaccine. Look at the stats pre vaccine from may forward in 2020. People will start losing the plot like Germany and other countries if the evidence is over whelming.

I suspect it will be earlier than that if they can keep the momentum up on vaccine. Look at the stats pre vaccine from may forward in 2020. People will start losing the plot like Germany and other countries if the evidence is over whelming.
No they won’t.

As long as they keep getting Furlough, they’ll be happy to be controlled.

Remember that’s Boris. The cow will see this and take his dates before adding a few weeks at least onto those dates for Scotland to fuel her delusion that she knows better and wants to prioritise keeping us all safe over the economy and people’s livelihoods.

which will be lapped up by her brainwashed followers of course.

C
In reality. Everyone who wants to hide at home should be allowed to.
Everyone who wants out for work and socially should be allowed to.

Give those at home their wage, job security and whatever else allows the country back to normal.

And heavily punish anyone who takes advantage of free money but still thinks they can go out on the piss or whatever else.
Correct. It's called common sense, personal choice and personal responsibility and the sooner that is handed back to us all as individuals, without politicians controlling every aspect of our lives, the better. I do think there are some people out there with some kind of Covid version of Stockholm Syndrome and have become quite content with the current situation and would happily carry on with it indefinitely.

C

Correct. It's called common sense, personal choice and personal responsibility and the sooner that is handed back to us all as individuals, without politicians controlling every aspect of our lives, the better. I do think there are some people out there with some kind of Covid version of Stockholm Syndrome and have become quite content with the current situation and would happily carry on with it indefinitely.
They are called cunts.
I have friends who have unfortunately passed away from the virus so I'm in no way a conspiracy theorists.

But let those who feel they are at risk stay at home on a wage.
Heavy sanctions for anyone breaching it.
(Personally, for me that would be jail time)
And let those who want to lift themselves and the economy out of this.

The extra money generated in tax would more than makes up for those who stay at homez and delivery services to leave them their necesites on their door step. (Stay at home, full service of everything you need. No excuse for going out)

Interesting. Boris says we could be having no restriction Covid Victory street parties on 21st June less than a week after Nicola says you'll not be able to have a foreign summer holiday.

As long as we're all clear.

FBS

Endless Boris cycle of promising the earth when even the most optimistic are urging caution. Has learned nothing over the past year it seems. See you all back here again in the Autumn!

They will keep us out for this season . Our season ends the 16th may anyway . But once we reach stage 4 of boris plan then the powers she has to restrict us disappears. She really has zero control when this end but to cry about this is why we need Indy

This is simply untrue.

We're also sending kids back to school to mix with loads of other households before there is enough vaccinations done to control it.

Utter madness

Im in England and the schools dont go back till 8th March.

I agree that opening schools first isnt sensible however I just heard on the news that we're getting close to a third of the adult population being vaccinated. Most of the elderly and most vulnerable are done and they account for 80% of deaths.

Vaccinating over 2 million a week with 17.5 million done already will see us having 40 million done by the end of April.

I dont see any reason not to open up fully by May.

We're already planning booster jabs for the autumn and expect to have to live with covid in the future. We need to get on with it asap.

We're also sending kids back to school to mix with loads of other households before there is enough vaccinations done to control it.

Utter madness

The most vulnerable groups have either been vaccinated, or have been offered a vaccination.

The reports on the efficacy of the vaccines in obliterating the numbers requiring hospitalisation are incredible.

The vaccines are rendering Covid no more lethal than the Flu.

Some people will still be hospitalised and die with Covid - that’s sadly unavoidable.

Around 20,000 people die each year from the Flu, but we don’t lock the country down.

People and the economy need to get back to normal operations now, or the fallout will be worse than virus itself.

Last edited:
The most vulnerable groups have either been vaccinated, or have been offered a vaccination.

The reports on the efficacy of the vaccines in obliterating the numbers requiring hospitalisation are incredible.

Some people will still be hospitalised and die with Covid - that’s sadly unavoidable.

Around 20,000 people duke each year from the Flu, but we don’t lock the country down.

People and the economy need to get back to normal operations now, or the fallout will be worse than virus itself.
A lot of sense in this.

It's a long game. Get sufficient numbers vaccinated, see that it works, confirm longer term strategy for booster jabs and learn to live with it.

The country was locked down, rightly, because it was a novel virus and the absolute lack of any form of treatment at all as it was a total unknown. As unfortunate as it has been, the number of people dying hasn't been the key issue. The key issue is the crippling of a public health service that Is already stretched at this time of year

Until there is certainty over a way out and a way to manage living with it within acceptable parameters, sacrifices had to be made. We will hopefully now see a sensible and gradual way back to normal and after 12 months of botched clusterfucks then I'm sure we can all agree that there is light at the end of the tunnel if we just remain patient.

Over 50s will have been vaccinated twice by the start of the season, with possibly the rest had the first dose.
We are always healthier in the summer and i dont see why we cannot have full capacity.
Personally, i think restrictions should be totally lifted by 1st May.
There were no deaths yesterday in Scotland.
The dates should be reduced if possible.

A lot of folk setting themselves up to be majorly disappointed tomorrow. Not being a spoilsport it’s just being realistic.
Boris’ announcement has no bearing on what’ll happen up here and even then his ‘road map’ shouldn’t be taken so literally.
The steps show what they are aiming for ‘no earlier than 21st June’ yet half the country are ironing their outfits ready to be in a full capacity nightclub the following weekend.

Around 20,000 people die each year from the Flu, but we don’t lock the country down.

My mate at 43 was in hospital on oxygen and a trial drug for two weeks in high dependancy, before moving to a normal ward
My 78 year old mother with cancer got a continuous cough and that was it
My brother and I (40s) were floored with it

I'd open up society when all 40+ folk are vaccinated

The vaccine deals with all current mutations. As it stands there is no reason not to have a full stadium in August.
The south Africa one poorly
Mind new strains will develop naturally and we'll need at least two more boosters over next cpl of years

However if all goes well we may have some supporters at euros, which would bode well for your hope

They are called cunts.
I have friends who have unfortunately passed away from the virus so I'm in no way a conspiracy theorists.

But let those who feel they are at risk stay at home on a wage.
Heavy sanctions for anyone breaching it.
(Personally, for me that would be jail time)
And let those who want to lift themselves and the economy out of this.

The extra money generated in tax would more than makes up for those who stay at homez and delivery services to leave them their necesites on their door step. (Stay at home, full service of everything you need. No excuse for going out)
Stay at home on a wage because they are scared? Not a chance.

Get out and earn your corn like everyone else

My mate at 43 was in hospital on oxygen and a trial drug for two weeks in high dependancy, before moving to a normal ward
My 78 year old mother with cancer got a continuous cough and that was it
My brother and I (40s) were floored with it

I'd open up society when all 40+ folk are vaccinated

That’s effectively what is happening.

Everybody in the U.K. will have received, or will have been offered, their first dose by the 21st of June.

If the cases keep rising regardless, then restrictions will remain in place.

As long as people take the vaccine when it’s offered that won’t happen though.

The vaccines are working incredibly well.

New variants are a concern, obviously, but they are going to be par for the course in living with this virus from now on - it’s not going away.

‘I’ve got the Covid’ is going to be just as normal a saying from now on as ‘I’ve got the flu’.

That’s effectively what is happening.

Everybody in the U.K. will have received, or will have been offered, their first dose by the 21st of June.

If the cases keep rising regardless, then restrictions will remain in place.

As long as people take the vaccine when it’s offered that won’t happen though.

The vaccines are working incredibly well.

New variants are a concern, obviously, but they are going to be par for the course in living with this virus from now on - it’s not going away.

‘I’ve got the Covid’ is going to be just as normal a saying from now on as ‘I’ve got the flu’.
31st of July I thought ?

Some miserable posters on here. There is no reason there cannot be a full stadium in August, zero!

Ignore them mate. There were scores of posters on here telling us Tav would be out for the season. Why people feel the need to spread as much gloom as possible and act like experts on subjects they have no idea about I'm not sure.

Don't know why anyone is getting excited about the English plans. Yes they sound good (if a bit over-optimistic) but last time I checked we were in Scotland with a nasty little power-crazed boot in charge. And she's putting us back into the "Tier system" when the lockdown ends.
Maybe not for much longer.

This is simply untrue.
What part ? The last part?

Could Westminster force the issue?​

What would happen if the UK government or Parliament tried to block a decision by the Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish administrations to lift or ease lockdown?

Jess Sargeant again: “The UK’s constitutional arrangements mean that the UK Parliament retains the power to legislate in devolved areas. So in theory, the UK Government could overrule the devolved administrations”. But, she says, “this looks unlikely to happen at this point”.

Professor Kenny points out: “For the most part, [the devolved administrations] and their scientific experts have been consulting jointly with the UK government and its experts, and have followed a common approach to lockdown.”

Yes Westminster can overrule her and tell her it’s over . Full article below

When the projected finish of vaccinations is July, seems a bit strange that Boris is talking about nightclubs in June. In my simple head mass gatherings indoors would be after vaccinations.

Fair enough on outdoor crowds.

C

That’s work well for the uk hasn’t it!!

What part ? The last part?

Could Westminster force the issue?​

What would happen if the UK government or Parliament tried to block a decision by the Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish administrations to lift or ease lockdown?

Jess Sargeant again: “The UK’s constitutional arrangements mean that the UK Parliament retains the power to legislate in devolved areas. So in theory, the UK Government could overrule the devolved administrations”. But, she says, “this looks unlikely to happen at this point”.

Professor Kenny points out: “For the most part, [the devolved administrations] and their scientific experts have been consulting jointly with the UK government and its experts, and have followed a common approach to lockdown.”

Yes Westminster can overrule her and tell her it’s over . Full article below

The above quote (UK Government could, stress could, potentially intervene on devolved matters) and saying the power that Sturgeon has to restrict us disappear when England reaches stage 4 are two very different things.

The above quote (UK Government could, stress could, potentially intervene on devolved matters) and saying the power that Sturgeon has to restrict us disappear when England reaches stage 4 are two very different things.
It’s possible but and the removal of the uk legislation certainly complicates the Scottish version
The Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020 is an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make provisions during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Act complements and regulates the use of emergency powers given to Scottish Ministersunder the UK Parliament's Coronavirus Act 2020. The Act makes many provisions to ease regulations in sectors that may struggle to meet their statutory requirements, such as the NHS, Social Security Scotland and the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service

that’s from wiki so no saying it’s 100% accurate but it does suggest the uk legislation gives the power for the Scottish legislation and would be interested to see if it could exist on its own . Can’t seem to find anything online either way sure someone will answer it in coming weeks but if her plan is different

. Tbf I don’t think it will be required there’s no way she gets away with it . Her popularity would be on the floor if it’s anything more than 2 weeks difference . Scotland will open up roughly the same time periods especially since our figures are currently lower as she always claims. Zero Covid is impossible . She has no control over the Scotland/England border and that is a reserved uk matter no doubt there and English people who are ‘free’ could travel up here when they feel like it and vice versa

Back